Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Mushrooms grow anywhere!

Dr. Leospace

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
Mushrooms, mushrooms everywhere

Mother Nature acknowledges no federal prohibitions on hallucinogenic substances, and, in spite of the law, soils across the city are coming alive with mushrooms of the intoxicating genus Psilocybe.

"They're everywhere," says Dr. Dennis Desjardin, a professor of mycology at San Francisco State University. "It's mostly Psilocybe cyanescens. They come up all over the State campus here — in the parks, in yards, San Jose, in Marin. They grow almost anywhere that people have spread wood chips."

According to Desjardin, Psilocybe cyanescens will grow independently on most available soils, especially those that have been disturbed by gardening activity. As the mushrooms sprout, they draw up wholesome minerals and nutrients, then reconstruct them into the unlawful psychedelic alkaloids that have been sending free spirits on lofty trips for decades.

Source: sfweekly

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
They grow almost anywhere that people have spread wood chips

i'm gonna buy myself a ton of wood chips and spread them all around :twisted:

alphasnail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Déc 2006
i wish they grew in my yard, actually i wish i could just walk out every morning and there would be a basket full waiting right there, and i would cook and eat all of them 24/7.

toadlicker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Fev 2006
would anyone know a good refference book or website to identify these little beauties? spring is coming soon and i need to refill the goodies hoard!

patilan420

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Déc 2005
10 years ago psilocybe semilanceata could be found only on the high fields of 2 mountains in my country. Now it can be virtualy found all around, on all the mountain grasland fields.. Maybe because shrooms became popular and more and more people are spreading the spores unwillingly when tripping and shiting all around on a fields where there were no mushrooms before.
Or maybe the climatechange, the wormer winters and the wet summers caused this mushroom invasion.

:lol:

Pinealjerker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Avr 2007
I'll see what I can do to increase the mushroom population in the Netherlands. :D

Funny: law enforcers can easily destroy a field of Cannabis, but they can never root out an established mycelium! :)

May you, O holy mushroom, conquer the world!
We, your humble servants, will make sure your spores are spread far and wide!

They may pollute the sky with their chemtrails, but we're gonna take planes and leave sporetrails!

Happy trails! Happy trails!

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
I can relate to this thread indeffinatly!

i have a patch of azurenscens growing in my front yard, a couple patches of cyanescens growing in the reserve not 300 meters from my home and a plethora of subcubensis growing on the nature strips adjacent to the roads. Im in heaven!

Mycelium represents the fibrous arterial networks of our living planet; only nature knows how crule we can be to ourselfs (prohibition) and in kind provides awesomeness in abundance!

happy hunting :D

Gratefully_dead

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Mai 2007
does anybody know any good places to look for shrooms growing naturally in southwestern ontario? do shroooms grow naturally in southwestern ontario??

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Yep! Azures bruze blue allright, hence the name. They are a cold weather species so its the perfect time of year for em down here in OZ! look around your woodchiped areas, most likeley place to find your woodlovers like cyans or azures; especialy after a bout of rain.

I just found one azure thats over 4 inches high and 1 and a half inches in diameter for the cap! Had it under a bottle outside, so the humidity it created within definatley helped.

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Woodchips, pine needles and plant debris. Look in basins or sloped areas where the drainage is good, the mushrooms that get the most water grow in abundance! Check out the pastures too, all the animal shit there will be infested with some mushrooms, whichever species that may be; thats if its cold and wet enough.
The soil matters too, u dont want clay or anything hard. Again its a drainage thing.

X

Xanthippus

Invité
If I were to spread woodchips on the soil of my backyard, would psilocybe spp. be likely to grow on them? I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Pinealjerker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Avr 2007
If I were to spread woodchips on the soil of my backyard, would psilocybe spp. be likely to grow on them? I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
If those woodchips already contain the mycelium before you spread them on the soil of your backyard you make a good chance, otherwise no, that's not how it works.

Last night I had a dream of having a vacation in some kind of park where they had all kinds of mushrooms, with huge amanitas growing everywhere. Sometimes you really don't wanna wake up...