Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Mushroom.

Dontae

Banni
Inscrit
28 Sept 2011
Hi,
I want to know about mushrooms,is it good for health if we use in daily routine.Any experience person please share here.

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
depends on which type of mushrooms you're talking about :wink:

things like portabella, woodear, chanterelle, etc are good to have in moderation, as they contain a lot of nutrients that meats typically have, but do not add much in terms of calories, and do not contain a significant amount of protein.

Cultosaurus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Sept 2011
All mushrooms have some benefits. Beyond what Allusion has mentioned, I also like to use Shittake for its health benefits. There are also Maitake, Enokitake and several other edibles that are very good medicinally. You can also get extracts of Reishi and Cordyceps that have excellent health benefits. There are web sites that can provide the nutritional content for you, but they have very good mineral content, some protein, B vitamins and micro nutrients that help with a variety of ailments. You can find some ailments listed here for each of the kinds of extracts available : https://www.fungihealth.com/benefits

I found these charts for the nutritional content :
http://www.veganpeace.com/nutrient_info ... hrooms.htm
http://mushrooms.ca/good/nutrition.aspx

As for actives, they have great mental health benefits. Johns Hopkins School of Medicine did a study and found that it lasting medical and spiritual benefits : http://healthland.time.com/2011/06/16/m ... long-term/. Or just google the study, there are many news reports on the study.

However, it is not recommended to take the actives on a daily basis. Several days between studies is the least you should wait. 2 to 4 studies per month is about the maximum.

tatyoklor21

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
12 Nov 2011
as we are discussing about mushroom benefits but Mushrooms are often classified as a vegetable, but they are actually fungi. There is an estimated 38,000 species of mushroom, only about 3,000 are edible, about 700 have known medicinal properties, and less than one percent are recognized as poisonous, therefore it is important to buy only to reputable store, so as to avoid a poisonous species.

Mushrooms have been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years. Today even with the presence of modern technology some people still prefer using natural medicine because it is safer and prolong use will not cause negative side effect like that of a modern medicine.It is important to maintain a good health and body's balance because each time we get sick, our immune system weakens and may become inadequate or malfunction. This could allow multiple genetic mutations that may result in abnormal or malignant growth. The process is generally quite slow and may take many years and many bouts of illness to manifest itself. If we can keep our immune system functioning efficiently, we are more likely to enjoy a healthy quality of life.

freeyourself

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Sept 2011
Juste in case : Dontae, if by "msuhrooms", you mean "magic" mushrooms, I would say : do not use these on a regular basis. The tolerance is high and quick, you wouldn't be able to feel any effects after a couple of days. Always leave at the very least a month between 2 takes.

R

robertoheckers

Invité
I love the hawaien mushrooms! the trip i had was so freaking smart and great! but now is the problem that i can't find them anymore. The mushrooms are illegal in holland now...

Cultosaurus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Sept 2011
But the spores are not. Grow your own.

Matt294

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Déc 2011
For thousands of years, Eastern cultures have revered mushrooms’ health benefits.1 Mushrooms have long been celebrated as a source of powerful nutrients, but they can also help Americans meet the dietary recommendations set forth in the 2010 Dietary Guidelines and Institute of Medicine’s Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium and Vitamin D. Often grouped with vegetables, mushrooms provide many of the nutritional attributes of produce, as well as attributes more commonly found in meat, beans or grains. Mushrooms are low in calories, fat-free, cholesterol-free and very low in sodium, yet they provide important nutrients, including selenium, potassium, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin D and more. Read on to discover some of nature’s hidden treasures found in mushrooms.

UniCOrNjAckiE

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
2 Fev 2012
Actually have just a little Experience with mushrooms And I just know all mushrooms have some Benefits about What allusions has Mentioned about mushrooms but if you'd got the benefits with them so what's been remain there?

cahillcahill

Banni
Inscrit
19 Mar 2012
Mushrooms are big favorites of mine, but if you're just starting to learn about their medicinal properties, I don't blame you for being confused about which ones are, or aren't, good for you. In general, I advise against eating a lot of the cultivated white or "button" mushrooms found on supermarket shelves throughout the United States (portobello and crimini mushrooms are the same species). They are among a number of foods (including celery, peanuts, peanut products, and salted, pickled, or smoked foods) that contain natural carcinogens. Just how dangerous these natural toxins are is unknown, but we do know that they are not present in other kinds of mushrooms that offer great health benefits. If you do eat these varieties, never eat them raw and cook them thoroughly over high heat; that will break down some of the toxins.

Cultosaurus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Sept 2011
Interesting. I hadn't known that mushrooms or the other foods had any natural carcinogens in them. Do you have a link with some info on that? To add, however, even the buttons, criminis and portabellos do have some nutrient content, about 5 to 20% of say the shittake. So, they're not totally useless, just not as rich as many others.

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i started doing a small amount of research on "naturally occurring carcinogens" on my own. i came to the conclusion that this axiom is much more complex than can be summed up by "dont eat this, it has naturally occurring toxins". many of these foods containing natural toxins, are some of the most well known for antioxidants as well...

http://www.fortfreedom.org/s15.htm

http://extoxnet.orst.edu/faqs/natural/plant1.htm