Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Meditation

Psychoid

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Hello everyone!

Knowing the benefits of regular meditation, I would like to start meditating everyday before I go to sleep. I already used to do it once in a while, while waiting for shrooms to kick in and when I wanted to relax, but don't know any technique, I just lay on my bed with my eyes closed and concentrate on my breathing and think about nothing. But I'm curious about others methods that could be better and give better results, so if anyone of you (I know there are some people here who do meditate) could describe me how you do it or send me a link to a website that could help me I would really appreciate it...

Thank you!

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
try sitting on a chair, comfortable but straight up. try to get every angle to 90°.

then close your eyes, empty your mind and focus on a point of energy just above your head. put all of your will in going to that point.

on shrooms, this always gives me an out of body experience 8)

Gratefully_dead

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Mai 2007
Well I don't meditate on a regular basis however I sometimes do before bed as it really helps me relax my mind after a long day of activity and I've read a few articles online that gave me some great ways to relax my mind.

1. Close your eyes and clench and unclench your toes, then your feet, then your ankles, then your calves, then your thighs and move all the way up your body. This helps relax all the muscles in your body even if you weren't aware you were flexing them. Next begin breathing slowly and evenly and empty your mind. Picture a flame in your mind as vividly as possible and begin feeding the flame with all the feelings and thoughts you have in your mind if any thoughts jump to your mind as you are doing this feed them to the flame and any feeling you've felt throughout the day remember what it was and feed it to the flame. When you feel you're ready open your eyes.

I find this second method a bit more useful and I got it from a website however I can't recall what it was now it could have been www.totse.com

2. Begin the same way as method 1 by flexing and relaxing all the muscles in your body in turn. Next Go through each colour of the rainbow starting with red and ending with violet. For each colour imagine an object of the same colour as vividly as possible. For instance with red imagine an apple. Picture it in your mind and how the light reflects off it and the smell of it and how it would feel if you were holding it in your hand, its weight, its texture as much as possible. Hold the image in your mind for a few seconds then move on to orange, I like to picture a basketball because of its wonderful texture and smell I find it makes it easier to picture. When you've moved through the rainbow Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet. Then Imagine in your mind, again as vividly as possible a staircase going down into the ground. There are exactly 21 steps and when you reach the bottom there's a door in front of you. All the while imagining what it would feel like to walk towards the door and grasp the handle open the door and on the other side you will find your personal paradise. Your place of harmony and peace. It could be a real place in the world perhaps a beach in the Carribean or somewhere in Asia or it could be a fantasy world. When you have explored your world to your content simply picture blackness, and open your eyes.

I don't know if these are any famous methods but I find they help me and I hope they can help you too, meditation can be a great thing to do anywhere at any time to refresh your mind and body. My own personal place of happiness as I see it is a farm in Scotland on a loch with rolling hills all around it and a large forest on the banks of the lake. Theres a log cabin and horses in a pasture. Just thinking about it right now is calming my mind :)
Peace and Happy Journeys my Friend

Gratefully_dead

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Mai 2007
oh yes and posture for either of these methods I usually just lie flat on my back and try to make myself as straight as possible because I read somewhere that straight angles encourage our life force to flow easier, however you could also do this sitting, back straight and all joints at 90 degree angles like Meduzz said or im sure you could try it in lotus position as well

MindAstronaut

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
10 Juin 2006
Gratefully_dead a dit:
I find this second method a bit more useful and I got it from a website however I can't recall what it was now it could have been www.totse.com

2. Begin the same way as method 1 by flexing and relaxing all the muscles in your body in turn. Next Go through each colour of the rainbow starting with red and ending with violet. For each colour imagine an object of the same colour as vividly as possible. For instance with red imagine an apple. Picture it in your mind and how the light reflects off it and the smell of it and how it would feel if you were holding it in your hand, its weight, its texture as much as possible. Hold the image in your mind for a few seconds then move on to orange, I like to picture a basketball because of its wonderful texture and smell I find it makes it easier to picture. When you've moved through the rainbow Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet. Then Imagine in your mind, again as vividly as possible a staircase going down into the ground. There are exactly 21 steps and when you reach the bottom there's a door in front of you. All the while imagining what it would feel like to walk towards the door and grasp the handle open the door and on the other side you will find your personal paradise. Your place of harmony and peace. It could be a real place in the world perhaps a beach in the Carribean or somewhere in Asia or it could be a fantasy world. When you have explored your world to your content simply picture blackness, and open your eyes.

I don't know if these are any famous methods but I find they help me and I hope they can help you too, meditation can be a great thing to do anywhere at any time to refresh your mind and body. My own personal place of happiness as I see it is a farm in Scotland on a loch with rolling hills all around it and a large forest on the banks of the lake. Theres a log cabin and horses in a pasture. Just thinking about it right now is calming my mind :)
Peace and Happy Journeys my Friend

Hey that sound like psychocybernetica, i love this method btw.
it gives you acces to your unconscious whitout any form of mindaltering drugs.
If im right your brain is functioning on a higher frequency then normal, almost like a sort of heavy ram sleep.

Its very usefull in disarming negative sides of your personality
and for boosting your positive sides, becouse you have direct access to your unconcious.

This realm in some way reminds me to lucid dreaming.
becous it look very much the same in some way.

Imagination is everything..

Good luck with futher exploring dude :D

thadivine

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
wow sounds interesting :)

whenever i meditate (not often, on very few occasions) I just make my head empty and focus on my breathing. Or i'll concentrate on my feet first and then go up, you actually feel the parts you concentrated becoming warm then,, good to get asleep :).
Sometimes i do both at the same time...

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
Read sri aurobindo... He is a experimental yogi.... but when you read that stuffff....whhhooaaaa
evolution 2 is a great book too
yoga is the way if you believe this stuff

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Thanks a lot everyone for your answers, for sure I'm going to try Gratefully_dead's techniques, sound awesome, and I will try the thing for OBE with shrooms too, I'm buying an ounce of those lovely mushrooms tomorrow :)

Shrooms are also a good way to supress negative sides of your personnality, I didn't take that much but they already did many changes (all positive) on mine :)

I suppose that meditation on shrooms must be heaven! :O

Gratefully_dead

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Mai 2007
Psychoid a dit:
Thanks a lot everyone for your answers, for sure I'm going to try MindAstronaut's techniques, sound awesome, and I will try the thing for OBE with shrooms too, I'm buying an ounce of those lovely mushrooms tomorrow :)

Shrooms are also a good way to supress negative sides of your personnality, I didn't take that much but they already did many changes (all positive) on mine :)

I've only really had one powerful experience with shrooms where i had visual distortions and i think that if you could relax your mind enough to meditate it would be a very powerful experience however i found when i was tripping that every time i shut my eyes i had a very colourful geometric pattern show going on and i think it woudl be tough for me to truly enter a meditative state with such distracting visuals occuring however i admit i didnt even attempt to meditate when i was on them so it could be very simple to enter a meditative state anybody have any experience in this field?

Gratefully_dead

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Mai 2007
oh dont worry about it! lol theyre not really my methods anyway i got them from one source or another

$T0N3R_420

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Juil 2007
i get a wierd feeling from thinking you are on a planet floathing in a endless space.

:shock:

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
$T0N3R_420 a dit:
i get a wierd feeling from thinking you are on a planet floathing in a endless space.

:shock:
I don't what this has to do with the topic, but I don't like that feeling -.- somehow really strange.. I had this often some time ago

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i get a weird feeling too, when i think about this, which is existence.
picture yourself in endless space on a tiny planet called earth and you'll
find yourself where you find yourself. could be anywhere though, because where is there and where is where? the feeling i get when i picture this in my mind varies from feelings of terror to states of absolute bliss and unity.

strange... :) i guess it's because of my thinking that everything is a reflection of something else, which causes my mind to feel imprisoned sometimes.

i had those funny winamp visualisations too while tripping on mushrooms with my eyes closed. it's really cool, if you focus on the patterns you can influience them. if you stay unfocused it's really cool just to watch it and see how they change by itself.

Jakobien

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
In case you want to do more reading on this topic, Osho is considered one of the most famous meditation gurus in the West, and when it comes to breathing Sri Sri Ravi Shankar (Art of living) is the man. Vipassana is the most common meditation technique used by buddhists in thailand, india, nepal, sri lanka, the west and way on.

But there is lot's of others too. I tried to read Aurobindo, but what he says is everything but down-to-earth.

izmar

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Déc 2004
I like to think of meditation as something you don't have to do with a lot of force, technique or instructions. Just make up your own way of... whatever mode you want to put your mind to.

If the feeling you're meditating lasts only 5 seconds, that's great. If you do it only once a year, that's great too. People who are open towards and really conscious of the possibilities of meditation are I think just as valuable as the ones who dedicate much time to it.

I also think my Top 5 Meditation Moments have gone by without me realising it or me being able to recall. They were also most likely relatively effortlessly induced by the overall enchantment of looking at a tree, bird, fruit (durian! rambutan!), etc.

But I think the fun is finding out what *you* think meditation or yoga or whatever is. For me it has helped to have several long stretches of not discussing anything with just any random person who might be open to these topics, to kind of let everything flourish inside me in a different way.

aE3

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Août 2007
Gratefully_dead a dit:
Psychoid a dit:
Thanks a lot everyone for your answers, for sure I'm going to try MindAstronaut's techniques, sound awesome, and I will try the thing for OBE with shrooms too, I'm buying an ounce of those lovely mushrooms tomorrow :)

I've only really had one powerful experience with shrooms where i had visual distortions and i think that if you could relax your mind enough to meditate it would be a very powerful experience however i found when i was tripping that every time i shut my eyes i had a very colourful geometric pattern show going on and i think it woudl be tough for me to truly enter a meditative state with such distracting visuals occuring however i admit i didnt even attempt to meditate when i was on them so it could be very simple to enter a meditative state anybody have any experience in this field?
The thing is whether you think meditation means you have to empty your mind, to make it still. If you lean towards that view then meditating with highly visual mental imagery will be more difficult for you as you feel that what you see is going to distract you from making your mind empty.
Sometimes the emptiness way is useful & good, but it actually needs a hell of a lot of practice to gain any real benefit or insight into it.
Meditation should be possible in any form. Whilst tripping it isn't actually necessary to meditate as you are already there. What you do then depends on how you are feeling at them moment. It takes a while to get to a level to construct a conscious pathway towards the self, one that you can take without keeping forgetting & being distracted by the 'wow really amazing thoughts/colours/feelings' you get at the entrance of the trip. Of course everything pertains to the self & everything is relevant, but certain things are more relevant than others & doing meditation whilst not tripping can help to discipline & strengthen the mind enabling one to take that deeper journey.
Saying that, sometimes you're lucky & it all opens for you on the trip, kind of a fast track to enlightenment if you know how to retain it.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Shrooms are also a good way to supress negative sides of your personnality, I didn't take that much but they already did many changes (all positive) on mine

Don't bet on that - shrooms can show you all the negative sides of your personality in a very rude way, without letting you go. That can be really nasty, but it's an important part of learning to change yourself...

Before tripping I never really tried meditation and I always thought I can't do it, it doesn't work for me. Then I had my first few strong shroom trips, and suddenly I was meditating, and I knew it was the only way to handle this kind of strong trip. Then I tried it again when I was sober, just focussing on my breathing, letting everything just float through my mind. And even I am not good at it, it really helps me focus. I should do it more often...

MelT

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Mai 2007
Gratefully_dead a dit:
oh yes and posture for either of these methods I usually just lie flat on my back and try to make myself as straight as possible because I read somewhere that straight angles encourage our life force to flow easier, however you could also do this sitting, back straight and all joints at 90 degree angles like Meduzz said or im sure you could try it in lotus position as well

Just a small point, but it'll help make your meditation effective. Laying down, or in fact having anything touching against your back in any position as you meditate will hamper the effects considerably. Your spine should be straight, head upright (though titled fractionally forward), and holding your posture should never get in the way of your ability to relax. Sitting in correct posture causes your body to release endorphins that help the meditative state a lot.

MelT