Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Meditation help please.

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
you're right.

however, it can help make ones mind peaceful, so that new tasks can be performed purely/understood wholly, without all these other things pulling your attention away from you, distracting you. to some people this seems amazing. and it is, really.

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
You were right allusion, I was expecting too much out of it. I haven't been on these forums in awhile and every single time I do, I read my own posts and think 'what an idiot; seriously.. I'm an idiot.. I think I got into psychedelics wayy to early and I really shouldn't have.. they fucked me up in the head for a little while.. I have a few issues I'm still working on, but they seem to be dissipating. A few months back I remember thinking every single day that I was getting smarter, like I would read something I wrote or think of something I said and think 'thats what some immature kid would say' and its true.. I'll admit it, I was an immature kid.. And I'm almost 100% sure I still am. I was expecting too much out of meditation.. But now when I do it, I still haven't had hallucinations from it, but it really does but me at a balanced cosy state for a few hours and its really amazing!

I haven't been using any technique or anything, I just sit straight up against a pillow, cross my legs, dont rest my head on anything, and breath slowly as possible until I become so relaxed it seems as if my body parts are non existent. But thats about as far as I get.. I really think the hallucinations will come later on, but whether they do or not, I don't care I'm sure I have plenty more years of my life to find out what happens there..

I thought that drugs would be the things to 'enlighten' me or whatever, but to be honest they don't.. I did lsd a week ago for my first time and it really cleared my head up on a lot of things.. I remember, remembering everything I have ever said or done and just thinking of how ridiculous others would see me as.. The problem is I cant ever express what is in my head without sounding like some jackass, does that make me a jackass?

Plus I don't know how to type.. I feel like if I type to perfect you guys are gonna think I'm trying to act mature or whatever and I feel like if I type too sloppy you'll think I'm retarded.. I don't know if I'm just paranoid or what but I really need to get my shit together and meditation does help most of the time

Sorry about all my posts I've been posting today, they just raised my ADD med dosage and I can't stop talking about what I'm thinking and nows the time to see whats really going on.. I just want to know what everything about, and how people work, and askings the only way I guess lol

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
I've always treated meditation as a path to uninhibited self control. The ability to let the mind maintain your life as opposed to constantly being pulled in a hundred directions at once. Turning everything into action instead of reaction.

For me I mix meditation with prayer. But for me that works because I relate to Jesus as a person and a being and not just a force or a concept. I actually interact with him and converse with him and we sit down and meditate together. I allow him to take control of my mind and lead me wherever he wants.

In that sense I relax into the experience and submit myself completely until he asks me to be more active in the experience.

I start by simply finding a comfortable position but I have found as I have gotten more experienced in the meditation I have needed less and less comfort to acheive the same level of awareness of self and in fact sometimes find that certain amount of discomfort enables me to push myself further as I meditate myself away from the discomfort.

Like now I can meditate in any chair in the house. I can even do it standing up in certain instances. When I wont be blocking traffic I just stop whatever I am doing whenever I feel the time is right and meditate/pray for 5 minutes in exactly whatever position I was in at the moment.

In the begining I used a recliner and made sure that my body was fully suported and comfortable. Then I would start with breathing exercises and just concentrate on my breathing. As i got into the prayer side of things I focused myself into an awareness of Christ. Thats kind of hard to explain but its like just 'envisioning'. Its not based on logic or reason it just is. You are just aware. Its been so long I cant entirely remember how I got started in that part because I started the prayer long before I started the meditation. Starting both at once might be tougher because you need to train your mind to block out all the crap that tries to distract you away from focusing on God. Its kind of like you become a painted target of distraction whenever you focus on God and so doing that with meditation at the same time is like double the trouble.

I know that now I can reach a sense of perfect peace and self awareness pretty much instantly at any time and in any place. I used to use it at the dentist's office to block out pain when the anesthesia wore off. Just focus myself into this serenty and the drilling to a back seat and it was like I was in this other room and the dentist was working on me far away.

Maintaining that can be draining sometimes especially if the stimuli your trying to negate is intense or chaotic. Seems like stimuli that constantly changes is actually harder to negate then constant yet intense. You can almost use the drilling sound as a nice monotonous tone to relax to where as the scraping of the pick is more irritating and harder to avoid.

For myself meditation and prayer has allowed to me to move into new depths of understanding of myself, God and reality. I think that is something I can attribute some of my survival of this veil lifting to. Having God as a person and myself through meditation to draw on in times of hecticness and chaos.

HIGHLY recommend it but what you get out of it really is what you put into it. In terms of 'skills' its kind of like an anti-skill. You cant meditate something else, you have to meditate and let the meditation change you so that your relationship to that sometime else changes.

Sounds cheesy but its a lot like the spoon in the matrix. It is yourself that bends. Meditation changes you and it isnt that the drilling at the dentist hurts less its that your perception of the drilling changes and the pain becomes less important compared to the rest of reality.

Hope that makes sense and helps someone.

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
I've always treated meditation as a path to uninhibited self control. The ability to let the mind maintain your life as opposed to constantly being pulled in a hundred directions at once. Turning everything into action instead of reaction.

For me I mix meditation with prayer. But for me that works because I relate to Jesus as a person and a being and not just a force or a concept. I actually interact with him and converse with him and we sit down and meditate together. I allow him to take control of my mind and lead me wherever he wants.

In that sense I relax into the experience and submit myself completely until he asks me to be more active in the experience.

I start by simply finding a comfortable position but I have found as I have gotten more experienced in the meditation I have needed less and less comfort to acheive the same level of awareness of self and in fact sometimes find that certain amount of discomfort enables me to push myself further as I meditate myself away from the discomfort.

Like now I can meditate in any chair in the house. I can even do it standing up in certain instances. When I wont be blocking traffic I just stop whatever I am doing whenever I feel the time is right and meditate/pray for 5 minutes in exactly whatever position I was in at the moment.

In the begining I used a recliner and made sure that my body was fully suported and comfortable. Then I would start with breathing exercises and just concentrate on my breathing. As i got into the prayer side of things I focused myself into an awareness of Christ. Thats kind of hard to explain but its like just 'envisioning'. Its not based on logic or reason it just is. You are just aware. Its been so long I cant entirely remember how I got started in that part because I started the prayer long before I started the meditation. Starting both at once might be tougher because you need to train your mind to block out all the crap that tries to distract you away from focusing on God. Its kind of like you become a painted target of distraction whenever you focus on God and so doing that with meditation at the same time is like double the trouble.

I know that now I can reach a sense of perfect peace and self awareness pretty much instantly at any time and in any place. I used to use it at the dentist's office to block out pain when the anesthesia wore off. Just focus myself into this serenty and the drilling to a back seat and it was like I was in this other room and the dentist was working on me far away.

Maintaining that can be draining sometimes especially if the stimuli your trying to negate is intense or chaotic. Seems like stimuli that constantly changes is actually harder to negate then constant yet intense. You can almost use the drilling sound as a nice monotonous tone to relax to where as the scraping of the pick is more irritating and harder to avoid.

For myself meditation and prayer has allowed to me to move into new depths of understanding of myself, God and reality. I think that is something I can attribute some of my survival of this veil lifting to. Having God as a person and myself through meditation to draw on in times of hecticness and chaos.

HIGHLY recommend it but what you get out of it really is what you put into it. In terms of 'skills' its kind of like an anti-skill. You cant meditate something else, you have to meditate and let the meditation change you so that your relationship to that sometime else changes.

Sounds cheesy but its a lot like the spoon in the matrix. It is yourself that bends. Meditation changes you and it isnt that the drilling at the dentist hurts less its that your perception of the drilling changes and the pain becomes less important compared to the rest of reality.

Hope that makes sense and helps someone.
Dude this is about meditation, what your saying isn't cheesy at least it works. What happens when jesus sits next to you or whatever? I don't quite get that. I'm not religious myself, but I definitely won't refuse to try that technique if it works for you. I'm gonna meditate right now just to get my min off things

thanks for the advice

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
Nanosage a dit:
Dude this is about meditation, what your saying isn't cheesy at least it works. What happens when jesus sits next to you or whatever? I don't quite get that. I'm not religious myself, but I definitely won't refuse to try that technique if it works for you. I'm gonna meditate right now just to get my min off things

thanks for the advice

Well for me Jesus is a very real person and a lot of what I experience with him can only be equated to what you experience with real people. Part of the situation is what I mentioned in another thread about being seated in heaven right now. I see the spiritual and physical world being related in the sense that we each have spirits and our spirits are operating in the spiritual world and our physical selves are operating in the physical world. Relgious discussion on salvation aside when I am praying I 'see' myself as being 'seated in heaven' i the sense that I feel myself not being physical but being spiritual and in that respect I feel Jesus as a person with me. I have seen him walking in my mind's eye. I have caught glimpses of him in different situations. I have sat next to him by a river under a tree. I believe all of that is happening 'in heaven'. Sometimes it feels real in the sense that it feels like its happening in my room but most of the time it feels real as in it feels like I am somewhere else sitting/standing/walking with him doing something.

Most people start out their walk/relationship/whatever with God/Christ/Jesus as someone on earth praying to someone in heaven. But as you get closer to him and experience him more and more personally you cross a line where you experience both talking to him on earth and you being in heaven talking to him in heaven. Sometimes you actually experience his timelessness and its not even like you are anywhere your just 'are'. you are in this nowhere that has no physical attributes but is pure energy/form/consciosness.

Thats the best I can describe. I mix the two and cant do one without the other now so not trying to derail the conversation into religion just saying how it augments my meditation and vice versa.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
I remember, remembering everything I have ever said or done and just thinking of how ridiculous others would see me as.. The problem is I cant ever express what is in my head without sounding like some jackass, does that make me a jackass?

that's you becoming more aware of your actions. when i trip, i usually stop talking for a few hours on end. i dont like when people try to call me out on it, because i am well aware that i have nothing to say. i dont force it. the thing is, nothing said can be "true" in and of itself. this is due to the nature of language. the only way to describe a thing, is by the things that are complimentary to the thing, separate from it. it is in this sense that "everything is relative".

this man studied zen for some time and can say it much better than i can

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
one parallel i have found is that, the god/christ/holy spirit referred to in the bible, is essentially the same interface, the same type of interaction that people in "occultism" (or meditation too) refer to when they describe talking with their unconscious/higher consciousness/higher self. speaking with the higher self, as well as learning about the nature of intention is something that i've found to almost be required if one is to progress at a faster rate in their meditations and as they might put it, to better join the "higher order of things", or to find ones "higher purpose" to try and use some of their lingo. when reading about occultism, to better understand it, learning the parallels in the terminology i find to be paramount, like "channeling an entity", and "speaking with christ" being one small example. there are infinite possibilities.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
when i trip, i usually stop talking for a few hours on end. i dont like when people try to call me out on it, because i am well aware that i have nothing to say. i dont force it

Im exactly the same, i talk fairly little in normal everyday life
but when i trip i often go quiet, for a few reasons, one being that i feel what i have to say is often irrelevant to the subject of the current conversation
another reason is that im too busy thinking and experiencing things
theres many other reasons, but my friends cant seem to get this and end up acting weird or trying to encourage me to talk which just makes me uncomfortable and less willing to speak
sometimes when im on acid i dont filter my speech and so the words and sentences that come out of my mouth arent consciously thought about and hence sometimes dont make sense to other people
so this adds to me not wanting to talk much
its not that i feel uncomfortable speaking or that i really dont want to, its just that i dont see the point
(this is not absolute, i do talk on acid, but go silent for long periods of time, usually as the trip gets more intense)

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
Crimzen a dit:
when i trip, i usually stop talking for a few hours on end. i dont like when people try to call me out on it, because i am well aware that i have nothing to say. i dont force it

Im exactly the same, i talk fairly little in normal everyday life
but when i trip i often go quiet, for a few reasons, one being that i feel what i have to say is often irrelevant to the subject of the current conversation
another reason is that im too busy thinking and experiencing things
theres many other reasons, but my friends cant seem to get this and end up acting weird or trying to encourage me to talk which just makes me uncomfortable and less willing to speak
sometimes when im on acid i dont filter my speech and so the words and sentences that come out of my mouth arent consciously thought about and hence sometimes dont make sense to other people
so this adds to me not wanting to talk much
its not that i feel uncomfortable speaking or that i really dont want to, its just that i dont see the point
(this is not absolute, i do talk on acid, but go silent for long periods of time, usually as the trip gets more intense)

One of the things that I consciosly decided to learn was to hook my mouth directly into my brain and bypass the filtering system. I was able to control when I did this but I would do it on purpose for the sake of 'being trippy'. Part of why people liked trippin with me so much. I would say the craziest stuff. Sometimes it sounded like another language when pieces of words and wierd sounds came out because the thoughts werent in english or were scrambled by whatever I was on.

At the same time I also went into quiet modes where I would go and lay down on purpose and focus myself on myself specifically for the sake of exploration. I tripped alone a lot for that reason though I did with friends too for the social aspects.

When I moved into that one house where they made me their pet in their attic I did regular trips with this one guy that was about 5 years older then me and a grad student. We got so used to trippin togethe we had our own body language between us and could communicate from across the room. Wasnt like sign language it was just like we 'knew' what the other person was talking about.

Social and no social I think are very good for the soul and I think social is best for forming bonds provided there is already a small bond. No bond or anti-bond and it might be ugly depending on the people.

daleking

Banni
Inscrit
14 Fev 2012
Meditation as a practice is an effort to stop the mind from its natural tendency to weave thoughts. In the practice of meditation, you try to relax and then try to focus your mind on a divine form, a sacred sound or a word or phrase as mantra, or you focus on your physical body, breath or thoughts. It trains the mind to focus and achieve clarity, while promoting relaxation and fostering a spiritual connection. There are many ways to practice meditation, including guided exercises and special breathing techniques, but part of the experience often includes the burning of incense. We know it’s a common practice to burn incense for ceremonies, rituals, and meditation. Try Burning an herbal incense this may improve your concentration and focus.