Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Made for Psychonauts !?

tWizTA

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Mai 2006
just have a little question i'd like to hear your thoughts...

last time i tripped i wounder about that sometimes tv shows seem to be made for tripping/trippers... maybe it's just a kind of impression or an unreal feeling but i have to ask if anybody know what i mean..

sometimes usually late at night cartoons on nikelodeon(tv) and other shows have some wired content.. pictures and talking of figures in some situations seem to be greated for you when you tripping. sorry if this sounds a little amusingly or strange. but it's really difficult to explain what i mean.

did you ever had such a feeling when you look tv while flying..?

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I know exactly what you mean and if its not true, at least we both share the same psychosis ;)

Seriously, back when I used to do all sort of things during tripping like watching tv, I could be reallty amazed by content in cartoons. It's a not so well known fact that a lot of the oldschool disney animators where psychedelic users and have included little pointers in a lot of the old disney stuff.

tWizTA

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Mai 2006
:D oh man, thank you...

funny idea "producers/animators psychedelic users" !

i don't know if you get "nikelodeon" over there if yes, i recommend to watch
the cartoon show "kablam" this is really psychotic man. unfortunately finding info
or video on that "kablam" -show on the internet isn't satisfying. here in germany
they bring this cartoon every day 1.50 in the night. this show really hits the top.

:)

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I lived in Canada for a year and there was a cartoonshow late at night with a talking puppet (superhero-type), a talking milkshake and a sandwich (who didn't talk, but could walk around alongside the superhero and the milkshake.) They had crazy adventures and ran into the cops a lot of the times. I wouldn't want to watch it when on shrooms (probably makes me think I'm a milkshake as well, or, worse, a superhero!), but I can imagine the creators were high.

alice

Inscrit
9 Juil 2003
you get that a lot with cartoons, come on, the pink panter? acid... for sure. And lately... remember cow and chicken, and all the rest? So trippy!!

alice

Cyproxicus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Jan 2006
Nah, its not neccesarily true.. I do artschool (hate that word tho) and I see a lot of work that is trippy/wicked/twisted/freaky/unreal, but not that many of its creators are regular drug-users. I know a lot of people that just have that wickedness inside them naturaly. It's all about making connections (in your brain, or however you wanne see it) and vivid thinking.. you don't really need psychedelics for that.

I mean, a pink panther.. or the adventures of a cow and a chicken with parents that dont have upperbodies and a boneless cousin for a kite-flyer.
I don't mean to be cocky/arrogant... but I'm someone that could come up with that sort of stuff. And that's not since I started tripping. My ex-girlfriend is even better at this sort stories/ideas, and she never even smoked.

But none the less.. I really appreciate that wickedness and ridiculity (is that a word?) in cartoons/movies/art and I often find myself misunderstood because of my own 'odd' thinking :D Tho ppl seem to understand me perfectly when we trip together.

tWizTA

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Mai 2006
i do believe in naturaly wicked people... but some sort off stuff in tv can't be created by "not drug taking" dudes. some time ago there was that tvshow in german tv. they called it "bernd das brot" which means "bernd the bread". bernd
is a puppet bread with short hands and iss mostly the dumbass. in one episode he was standing in front of the camera and behind him some "shroomforest" like picture as backround. for the most people it's like "mhmm ok some shrooms behind him". but for the one that knew it was like "wow psilocybe semilanceata" wtf. and in this very moment bernd said " i should go home and gaze at my wall"
i thought ? wtf and if that isn't a pointer what else...? :)

G

Invité
Hahaha, yeah Bernd das Brood is really cool.
Utterly stupid though, but sometimes very amusing :mrgreen:

But yeah, respect to the people with the wickedness inside.

TheeLord!

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
I *love* David-Firth's "comics" ... in particular when tripping :-)
So odd, so dark, so like me.
Also interesting: what drugs do you need to produce such .. whatever it is ... ?

roof-tiles
salad-I
scribbler
ptikobj

I still feel ill.

tWizTA

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Mai 2006
very sick mind... i've heard from that site before but didn't visit it until yet.. i don't know if i wanna watch this on a trip but it seems to be suited. i think i'm gonna try it next time. very dark... nice.

do you still understand the english if you are under the influence of shrooms or do you just watch the comic..? i imagine to could have problems to understand....

what i love to watch when i'm tripping are videos from "chris cunningham" ..
he made several videos for music artist like "aphex twin" and "madonna" and many more. he understands to combinate pictures witch sound and also greates a very disturbing enviroment in his vids... maybe somebody know...

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
chris cunningham is the best :D I love his videos. I don't know the one he made for madonna, but all he made for aphex twin. windowlicker, come to daddy, rubber johny etc. I love them (:

tWizTA

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Mai 2006
he made the video to madonnas song "frozen" but it's not the usual stuff i like from him... rubber jhonny... :D oh my god... great vid... you gotta watch this one... "chris cunningham and aphex twin live at traffic festival torino" make a google-video search and you'll find it.. live video mixing to the sounds of aphex twin.. i watched this on my last trip and i coulnd stop watching...

TheeLord!

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
Didn't know the rubber johny vid -> wow, very creepy, frightening, impressive :-)
Definitly interesting to see how this "feels"/works on a trip =:-)

If we are at it:
Some time ago I've "accidently" seen Lars van Triers "The Kingdom" (Geister) while tripping -> very nice, amplifies its greatness a lot.

intel inside ?
nah -> wickedness inside ...
should put to onto my pc :)

do you still understand the english if you are under the influence of shrooms or do you just watch the comic..?

No problems, yes ... still unerstood/understand English.

Somewhat difficult to explain .. there are several levels of mastering a language ..
One of the highest is actually being able to "think" in this langauge ... resp. no need for translations to your mother tongue .. understanding it "immediately" without actualy translating well conciously translating ...
I have no problems with those even if having strong trips ... well, of course sometimes you cant speak/understand anything at all, even your own language.
But if you have to *think* for translating something ... this doesnt work for me even if e.g just drinking very small amounts of beer ;-)

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
tWizTA a dit:
he made the video to madonnas song "frozen" but it's not the usual stuff i like from him... rubber jhonny... :D oh my god... great vid... you gotta watch this one... "chris cunningham and aphex twin live at traffic festival torino" make a google-video search and you'll find it.. live video mixing to the sounds of aphex twin.. i watched this on my last trip and i coulnd stop watching...
oh frozen, this is one of the few songs of madonna I really like. and the vid is great of course ^^
bah, you couldn't stop? it wasn't hard for me, I think the guy with the camera was drunk or something :>
well, I'm going to go to an aphex twin concert, although I have to drive (right word?) 9 hrs with a train to get there :/ but it will be worth it. oh god, aphex twin live, I think I'm gonna die :) , he's my hero :D

G

Invité
Rubber Johnny, the Cunningham video's, the Warp video's and David Firth...
Watched 'em all while tripping, great stuff.
Me and a friend watched Rubber Johnny on aprox. 600 mic's of acid, that was hilarious. We really thought we would die of laughter :mrgreen:
Especially the little dog :D

Aerogel

Inscrit
30 Sept 2003
tWizTA a dit:
i do believe in naturaly wicked people... but some sort off stuff in tv can't be created by "not drug taking" dudes.

Its all in "your" head. Drugs are catalists, not the real thing. It helps, but you can get there without them, as well, althought beeing more difficult, for the most minds.

alice

Inscrit
9 Juil 2003
sure i agree you don't need to be tripping to create trippy stuff no doubt about that it's amazing how much you can trip without taking anything...

alice :nod:

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Forkbender a dit:
I lived in Canada for a year and there was a cartoonshow late at night with a talking puppet (superhero-type), a talking milkshake and a sandwich (who didn't talk, but could walk around alongside the superhero and the milkshake.) They had crazy adventures and ran into the cops a lot of the times. I wouldn't want to watch it when on shrooms (probably makes me think I'm a milkshake as well, or, worse, a superhero!), but I can imagine the creators were high.

Quoting yourself is fun!

Anyway. I found the show I was referring to. It is called the Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Check it out, it's great!
http://www.flabber.nl/archief/017741.php
this is just one episode, you can probably find more online...

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Gonna watch it :)

One point for the discussion, there is a difference between psychedelic art in this time and psychedelic art in the late 50's and early sixties of last century. Back then, psychedelics like lsd and mescaline, where not prohibited and furthermore, there was no such thing as psychedelic art. If you are from a later age and go to artschool, you already have a lot of uncounscious knowledge of the concept psychdelics art. So I thiink its ssafe to assume that if you see a psychedelicish mushroom in an old disney movie, was in fact inspired by the real thing :)