Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Lucid dreaming tips

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
Hello . I am curious about others experiences with lucid dreaming .
recently I have been writing in my dream journal .
and a change is noticed in my dreams. They have became more vivid, surreal, and I can grip many details of the experience.

I think the first step towards lucid dreaming , is in fact remembering your dreams .

restin

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2008

aryaman

Inscrit
29 Sept 2008
otherwise, come in the Lucid Dreams forum.
I just joined 2 days ago, I' m now starting... and seems full of helpful people!

http://www.dreamviews.com

And yeah, read that book. I'm about to finish it, and is sooooo useful.

IntenseDreams

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Fev 2009
:eek:

I just got on to post about lucid dreaming.

My experience: I used to go to bed every night knowing that I was leaving this life for my 'other' one. Unfortunately, the past few years I was involved in a lifestyle of constant abuse and such that I am not proud of, and usually ended up passing out instead of going to sleep.

So... after a while, my dreams went back to 'normal' and I found it hard to get back into the habit of living my dreams.

I started another dream journal last week, and it has been helping A LOT! And yes, I would agree that teaching (Or, in my case, reteaching) your brain to remember the dreams in detail is the first, if not the best step to take.

I'm going to Barnes and Nobles in a few and I am planning on seeing if they have anything on the subject. Not that I need it, but it can't hurt. I'll try and update when/if I get back. If not today, then next week for sure.

Also, there is a movie on the subject which you can probably learn something from, if not the techniques then surely the philosophy that goes with it, and it's a great film to boot. It's called Waking Life. I suggest anyone interested in lucid dreaming, or anyone that wants to enlighten themselves to the subject watch it.

You can buy it from FOX for fairly cheap here: http://www.foxstore.com/detail.php?item=438

I won't provide the link because I'm unsure if Psychonaut approves of piracy, but if you google Waking Life you can click the fourth result and watch it in decent quality. Luckily, the resolution isn't very important in this movie, it's all in the content! :D

Good luck in your conscious subconscious journeys!

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
thanks everyone for the links and useful information

Has anyone seen the movie , «the science of sleep»/«la science des rêves»??

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
don't think so, have you got a link?

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
I abandoned this actually, mine got more vivid than ever last week, and I now can remember everything I dream each time and night after I wake up. I got 2 false awakenings last night and it seems my started routine goes on without my permission.

The visions and complete realistic situations I got wraped up into seemed to have lost all of their blurryness. I look in the mirror in my dream and my head wasn't deformed at all anymore. I forget to check my arm, body or hand. I just started walking out of my bed like the night was over, at that point I thought I was truly awake. Looking back on it now, sitting right here, is of course, way more vivid and real. The dreams itself are still nowhere lucid compared with being truly awake as I am writing this here. But as long as I'm dreaming, it seems it's the ceiling of vividness. Which I never had before.

Strange things happened, I woke up out of a dream in a dream today, and when I looked on my floor, there was messed coffee all over it. Like liters were dropped. Walked around the room and went back to sleep with the hope that I'd wake up again in a clean room.

What I don't like about it is that today and yesterday seems seperately by a state of being awake which is less vivid than reality, but still a new life to think about. I have gotten my rest and feel fit, but after I wake up, I have got hours to look back on and events to think through.

The problem with my dream journal is that, I do have all my writing of the last 2 weeks in my memory + the visions, I don't have to look them up and I just remember them prior to sleep because thinking is the only pursuit when lying in bed. And I find it hard not to think about them.

But I want to go back to just more black out time, right now it is as I haven't stopped brain activity for about the last 36 hours. Just a decrease, but not a shut down. And it's just ordinary visual content like the normal life mostly, just with strange happenings, no magical additions, mystical phases whatever, and no control, just desicions of walking and moving, but no manipulation of the script or environment. I almost always wake up in my dream in my own room, it's not like it suddenly starts somewhere else as with 'normal' dreams.

I only got one dream in where I was flying enormously through the air, similar as you're going from one side from the planet to another one with Google Earth.

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
In the movie , «la science de rêves» in the very beginning of the movie , is given a recipe of how to make dreams.

Reminiscences of the day.
Random thoughts
Relationships, love.
Memories of the past
Things you heard , saw, musics.

St.Stephen

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Août 2008
Brugmansia a dit:
Strange things happened, I woke up out of a dream in a dream today, and when I looked on my floor, there was messed coffee all over it. Like liters were dropped. Walked around the room and went back to sleep with the hope that I'd wake up again in a clean room.

You're thinking about it too much. Or else, possibly a little frightened, like you won't have control. Now that you have the skill, let it work itself, don't be scared, its just dreaming. :D

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
In my experience, L-tryptophan helps a lot with lucid dreaming. I've been getting lucid dreams (though only very short ones) quite a few times now when I took at least 2g L-tryptophan before I went to sleep.
It doesn't work anymore when you take it regularly, just begin right aways with a high dose of 2g, and you'll see that dreaming becomes very vivid during the first few nights with high probability of lucid dreaming (at least for me).

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i just finished watching that movie, waking life. fantastic, i have gained alot of insight from this and hope to get back to this state i was once in, and incorporate lucidity like this back into my dreams starting tonight

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Science of sleep scared me - fusing dreams with reality... like, how you may never tell the difference? The only thing I came up with was reality has predictable consequences, dreams don't (but can seem like they do)...

The same director made the science of sleep as Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind, one of my favorite movies.

Very interesting, but it hits a bad chord with me.

overman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
1 Avr 2009
Wanted to bump this thread because I love both Waking Life and Science of Sleep (AND Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, another Gondry flick on memories and personal identity). Both really got me interested in the science behind dreams, and the potential benefits of lucid dreaming. In fact, joining this forum has reawakened my interest, going to start reading more literature on the subject.