Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

light

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
What type of radiation?

Radiation comes from the word radiate, which comes from radius... it's broad definition of particles or waves moving outward from a common origin.

Light is electromagnetic radiation; It consists of radiowaves, microwaves, infrared, visible, uv, x-ray, and gamma ray, although the boundaries between each are arbitrary...

You also can have the common alpha and beta radiation, which are particles of protons or neutrons, and particles of electrons, respectively.

All radiation we know of reacts with matter, thats the only way we do know of it.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
what about it?

sidefx

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
9 Nov 2007
you reckon light if not interrupted could travel along space indefinitely?
How Precise is a Point of Light..

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Double slit, I don't understand it, I doubt I ever will but here's my take on it;

I think it just has to do with us being blind & stupid. Of course they will act the way they do in the double slit.

However, when the double slit is taken down to single particles being shot, and still the pattern of waves remains, that even goes beyond particles as waves, it goes to waves acting upon themselves. Which is, as of right now, my real only problem with quantum mechanics - I would really like to understand how a wave can interact with it's own probability density...

We shoot a particle through the doubel slit, it has a chance to go through either slits. What happens is over a period of 100,000 particles, we see the emergence of the refraction pattern - but how? We are only shooting a single particle at a time, even if it was a wave, a wave doesn't react with it's self in a constructive or destructive manner, does it? Apparently it can react with it's probability to go through the opposite slit; it has a chance to be going through either slit, there fore it developes a wave pattern that resembles if a percentage of the particle went through one slit, and another percentage went through the other.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
alright what you need to understand for "getting" the wave theory stuff is harmonic resonance and then it should make more sense... try to see it "like" the ups and downs many standard sinus waves stacked upon one another could be having if you would graph the interactions of many waves represented in just one wave.. for example earthquakes use this to destroy bridges and such buildings quite spectacularly..

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I really hope you're not talking to me...

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
well what is it what feeds electrons their ever growing mountain(s) of information?? and what information?? yeah location depending on possibility. and yeah, photons do. infinitely small and infinitely big are a quite good team. rofl
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll:
i am not entirely sure, whether you really want to go the way of instant insanity?? take it slow mate! :p

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Sometimes... our waves just cancel braineater :p

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
yeah sometimes i let the neutrons thru, but sometimes i let them bounce. :lol:

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
IJesusChrist a dit:
We shoot a particle through the doubel slit, it has a chance to go through either slits. What happens is over a period of 100,000 particles, we see the emergence of the refraction pattern - but how? We are only shooting a single particle at a time, even if it was a wave, a wave doesn't react with it's self in a constructive or destructive manner, does it? Apparently it can react with it's probability to go through the opposite slit; it has a chance to be going through either slit, there fore it developes a wave pattern that resembles if a percentage of the particle went through one slit, and another percentage went through the other.

exactly. and that is why you will never be able to quantize matter. it's in the nature of matter to undulate. between being and not being, whatever it is that you presumed it of being in the first place :lol:

even in this message it becomes hard to fully pin down that point, without missing the essence of it all

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
No! I don't believe it!

The uncertainty principle is the side effect of the methods we use. I don't know of any other methods, but maybe a thousand years from now the uncertainty principle will be a thing of the past.

We see waves in particles because the forces binding particles are so incredibly strong compared to their mass... relative to what we see in our world. Imagine the earth circling the sun 10^15 times per second, and all the other planets doing the same, but repelling each other. You hit those guys, and of course they are going to act like waves. When forces become more opaque than the matter and mass itself, you see waves. When matter is the most important feature, you see particles!

I hate quantum mechanics because it's theory is wrong!

!#!!!!!!!! RRRRRRRRRR! :)

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
IJesusChrist a dit:
No! I don't believe it!

The uncertainty principle is the side effect of the methods we use. I don't know of any other methods, but maybe a thousand years from now the uncertainty principle will be a thing of the past.

We see waves in particles because the forces binding particles are so incredibly strong compared to their mass... relative to what we see in our world. Imagine the earth circling the sun 10^15 times per second, and all the other planets doing the same, but repelling each other. You hit those guys, and of course they are going to act like waves. When forces become more opaque than the matter and mass itself, you see waves. When matter is the most important feature, you see particles!

I hate quantum mechanics because it's theory is wrong!

!#!!!!!!!! RRRRRRRRRR! :)

now you're thinking! :D so the longing question is, which is there more of then, particles or waves?
it totally depends on the scale of your point of reference as you've pointed out. and as i have pointed out, there is no limit (other than time) on that scale(big or little) in either direction. so you're stuck with both (particles and waves) being dominating factors, alternating between each other, in their own respective instances(scales)...

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
something just hit me.

What if we turned ourselves into energy - into a wave. We could travel at the speed of light and never age (lol) and then slow down and slowly form back into a massive object.

WELL DUH THAT WILL WORK, Im going to go make my flux capacitor now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeLorean_time_machine

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
haha!!! lol!!! yeah... well...

...and i wonder how i can not be energy and move at light speed?? :D :D

the only thing that requires some energy, i guess is move faster or slower than light-waves.

but then`anyway, energy is only being transformed constantly, isn't it?

:mrgreen: