Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Let's talk about DXM

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
I'm more interested in using PCP, which seems to produce a much more 'mysterious' effect than Ketamine or DXM. I never did DXM though.

I have found Ketamine to be very spiritual, it's full effects literally is a shut down as with DMT. Just more gradually and under an anaesthetic calmness, and the dream consists of worlds with normal forms, shapes and people and the gentle comeback to being awake is very pleasant.

Either way, I can see why it is addictive and why is easily can become a habit. It's a woollen couch to lay down on and wait for the turn in of an exciting dream with everytime a next episode. Not to mention it's indifference.

The ego death is typically a thing of the first experiences in where one feels he's disolving in it's body. But later on, this adjusts itself and turns out into a habit of self-absorption. To keep it spiritual, one must be very reticent with it's try outs.

Somehow PCP seem to differ a lot if I'm reading up the reports, it seems much more all-round and is known for stimulant, analgesic, psychedelic en dissociative effects. It's not the favor to the health, but I'm excited about trying this once. I have searched in vain for years but it's extremly rare here in the Netherlands.

Ah crap, I'm now seduced to do Ketamine by this thread, it has been 2 years since the last time. :\

aryaman

Inscrit
29 Sept 2008
what scares me the most about keta, pcp and dxm are,I think it's called in eglish, the interneuronal vacuoles (Olney's damage).

yes, if you take good serotoninic drugs (LSD, psilocybin ecc.) and some anticolinergic that should protect you from such damages, but I'm always a bit scared for my neurons :?

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
From the link:

"Finally, there may be drugs which specifically protect against Olney's lesions. Curiously, in animal tests, LSD is one such drug (because of its affinity for a particular neuroreceptor, incidentally it's probably not the neuroreceptor involved in its psychedelic effects). However, LSD is also illegal so of course you shouldn't take it. Furthermore, combining LSD and dissociatives may produce overpowering effects which many find very unpleasant."

Interesting

IAmTheNight

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
7 Avr 2009
I tried DXM for the first time recently.

I did 750mg and really liked the trip but the itch was unbearable!
I also got really bad hot and cold flushes. I felt really cold and shivery but my skin felt REALLY hot too touch.

I don't think I'll do DXM again, to be honest.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
The link ???????? posted is exactly the reason why one should be very modest with dissociatives. But they are worth trying out.

Psychedelic Heroin as D.M. Turner pointed out, best given name ever IMO.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Everything more than 120mg I found really unpleasant. I think the highest dose I've done was 200mg and it was trippy, but unpleasantly so.
I don't like it.

I do however like dxm in lower doses (I mean really low, like 60mg at most!) in combination with alcohol. Gives a nice speedy buzz, but it might also black you out a little, depending on the amount of alcohol you're drinking (so don't overdo it!)

I know shouldn't recommend it like this - it's really not healthy in combination with alcohol, and I repeat again: do 60mg at most if you intend to drink alcohol with it and enjoy it as a party drug. And don't do it often!

swingline545xx

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Juin 2009
There are very distinct plateaus and the lower doses will not teach one anything. The first and second plateaus can be fun in a recreational way for some, but not for everyone.

Don't ask here, many of the responses here are just silly. Read the fucking manual. Read all of it. Then decide:

http://dxm.darkridge.com/faq/contents.html

As for SWIM, the third and fourth plateaus are incredible and can teach one many, many things. They are totally unlike the lower levels in every way. If you want to learn, try out the first plateau, and then the second. Do this not because it will teach you anything about yourself, but because it will teach you about the way the drug will act as you move up to the third and fourth. If you think you can handle it, then move on the third plateau. Take a really good upper third plateau dose, just under the 4th.

Don't "wing" it or just use 900mg. What the fuck? And who the hell in their right mind would make a recommendation like that without knowing a person's body weight first? Use the damn calculator, it's there for a reason:

http://dxm.darkridge.com/calc.html

Anyways, I don't think I can really add anything that isn't in the FAQ already.

RushNerd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
As you may have seen in that other thread I posted, I did 706mg yesterday W/Grapefruit juice. I could be wrong, but it appear as if you might develop a tolerance to the drug that lasts at least a month. This trip was similar to 520mg, but i'm convinced the grapefruit enzymes "smoothed" out the experience, hard to explain. I suppose i'm lucky enough to not get any side effects from it other then a crazy afterglow when it wears off. This last time from comeup to no effect lasted 12 hours.

The drug is so disorienting and strange that you really have fully come down from it to even realize exactly how bizarre things were. I don't exactly experience memory loss on it, but things tend to lose their distinctiveness. I was scanning through 71 albums in itunes and they all look the same. Within the 5:30 length of one particular song, I estimated I had had a months worth of emotions and thoughts at the same time. I put a Judas Priest album on and listened to the entire thing and it seems that no real action occurred, even though it's a high-energy album.

I tried brainwave entertainment too via B&W flashing (8Hz) on my monitor, but I couldn't seem to concentrate enough on it at the time. Oddly enough 9 hours into it, I tried again and couldn't look away, got very interesting visuals. I also noted that similar to LSD, taste was jumbled and blah.

Anyway in this case, the afterglow and lookback at the trip is actually better then the experience itself. Defiantly one of those trips that gives you a much greater appreciation and respect for life.

I think that most people could benefit and enjoy 1stPlat, sub 300mg doses though. The drug at those stages is almost like a stimulant and is very relaxing.

G

Invité
With a few friends, we had the habit of taking a high dose of DXM every 3 or 4 months in a place with tons of mastress and cushion.

We tripped for a whole night in the dark while listening to trippy music, I was *really* like a dream, even stranger as the concept of time is totally fucked up.

This is really my favorite psychoactive, and I don't have any addiction problems with it, never took it more often than once every 3 months, and haven't done it in more than a year.

Too bad I can't swallow it anymore :(

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Because they changed the law in the Netherlands it is only available as a prescription drugs from 18th of June. So I thought I picked my chance. I did an extraction and had two capsules with about 300 mg each. Took one and after two hours felt nothing special and took the other one. Still not much, I was watching a movie and suddenly in the third hour it was difficult to follow the movie, weird sound, and difficulty concentrating. Then I got a little bit of an anxious feeling and thought 'oh yeah it must be the dxm working!' So stopped the movie and lay down trying to relax. Indeed I got some weird sounds hallucinations but visuals were very mild. I got a little euphoric feeling but actually I felt quit bored, no insights. I couldn't do much and walking was very difficult, although I thought that was the most funny part. It was a nice try but I like the traditional psychedelics far more.

LsDxMdma

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Nov 2007
i really enjoy DXM at high doses. Sigma Plateau.
hardly any words can explain my joy

RushNerd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
LsDxMdma a dit:
How do you do it? Extract?

I see something about a Agent lemon's extract, but I can't find it.

swingline545xx

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Juin 2009
RushNerd a dit:
LsDxMdma a dit:

A long time ago (many years ago) I would have no other way but to drink three bottles of the syrup. :shudders: Horrible taste that is.

Then, I found a company called Pharmacon Direct that would sell 10 gram bottles of pure powder to individuals. They went out of business or closed or whatever and I lost my source for another few years.

Now, I'm happy to say that I've found another source (thanks psychonaut.com!) that sells the pure powder, and I can again enjoy this non-scheduled and as far as I know completely legal drug.

I've never done the extraction before, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. As for me, if I can't buy the pure powder, I doubt I'd bother doing it any more. I really like DXM, and as I get it pure and cheap, I've found my desire for almost every other illegal drug had dropped to very near 0.

LsDxMdma

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Nov 2007
RushNerd a dit:
LsDxMdma a dit:

The easiest way for me to do it is to use gel-caps containing only dxm, since i dont have a problem taking pills..and i dont really feel like extracting(i dont see the use when gelcaps are prettymuch pure)

http://dxm.darkridge.com/faq/dxm_experi ... ml#toc.5.9

instink

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Juil 2008
Guys... I've said this a couple of times on this forum, nobody seems to search for anything!

Pure DXM powder can be found very easily and cheaply on the internet. It works out cheaper than buying syrups or gelcaps plus you only have to take 1 or 2 capsules as opposed to 30 or more.

I found a very cheap and reliable chemical supply shop in china, they even accept paypal. Seriously I don't know why people bother chugging syrups or doing extractions!

mrvitorsky

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juin 2009
Shamanita a dit:
When the effects came down, i prepared a pipe with 0,5 g of salvia leaves.. I took 3 big hits.. and then 'tzang', sally-tripping for 30 secs or so from just this small ammount of leaves.
I tripped from just smoking salvia leaves before, but then it was just very mild tripping for 3 seconds. In comiantion with the dxm it seemed to last much longer, and it was really harder...
I think DXM and salvia are synergetic in some way.

I now think it didn't have much to do with the DXM,
my salvia trips just seem to be harder and the effects last longer every time i use it. Nowadays it's like tripping for 1 whole minute from smoking 0,5 g of leaves :p
When I smoke that much salvia I trip really hard. My salvia trips normally last about 3-5 minutes and are intense as acid(but very different from acid). Like the walls are made of hands and shit. Its been like a year since Ive done salvia tho it could be different. Im pretty sensitive to most psychoactive's any way, my trips on shrooms or lsd normally last like 12 hours and have very intense visuals through out. I fall asleep triping, wake up with strange vision(light text movement and brightness and distance distortion) not tripping tho.

Envix

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Juin 2009
I use the tiny one-shot 0.55 oz zicam spray bottles, containing 540mg. The taste is incredibly bitter, but at least I don't need to chug anything. I'd try countless things to try and mask the taste but the aftertaste always lasted. I later found out that eating a single strawberry rids the taste/aftertaste completely, for some reason. The worst part is over in 5 seconds.

Dxm always gives me terrible nausea, though I'm able to combat it somewhat with ginger/ginger ale. The trip, however, is amazing for me. I'm able to see with closed eyes. I always have an out-of-body experience; much like that one scene from the movie Waking Life where he is laying in his bed and it shows the ceiling getting closer and closer as he's floating up, until he goes through it and up out through his house, then flies through town.

Music is weird. Sometimes it's enhanced greatly and other times it sounds tinny and far away.

The "seeing with closed eyes" phenomena is probably the coolest part for me. I actually see clearer and with more detail with my eyes closed than I do when they're open. Dxm often blurs my vision and creates "flangings", which is why I spend most of my trip in meditation.

I've learned a lot from it. One thing about dxm is that you're able to control and manipulate your hallucinations. I composed a song while meditating on dxm. I was able to hear the music in my head in crystal clear quality, and I was creating it. This isn't your usual auditory hallucination, I was completely in control of what I was creating, and It was amazing. From this, I took the phrase that repeated in my head "you need a bigger canvas", which revealed to me how I could enhance my creativity at any time. This lesson I took with me and continues to help me. I take animation in college and make music as a hobby, so with creativity in high demand of me, this "tip" I took from my dxm trip became very useful to me.

I believe the trip is incredibly subjective. I mean, when you realize you're able to control your own hallucinations, that's a level of subjectivity most drugs can not provide. Many people experience different results because of this. Most people who take this are douche-baggy teenagers looking for a cheap legal high; an "easy buzz", if you will. That's what they experience. For someone looking for enlightenment, or seeking to learn something from this amazing drug, you need to have the right mindset. What you expect is what you will get, in this case.

This drug has great potential. It's a shame how much it's disrespected; reasoning why it's looked down upon by most psychonauts, understandably as most of its fanbase looks like this