Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Kratom

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
For me .1g of 10x seemed to be sedated. .2g of 10x seemed to be 'fluffy sedated' but it also almost gave me a nose bleed last night I think so I am laying off for a while till my nose isnt dry from the winter. You know how you can feel when its crusty? Well it was like last time I took it I actually felt my nose drying and turning that way and it was creeeeepy. May be a reaction with something or maybe the fact that it was 10x and as opposed to 2g of 1x (hit me all at once) but I am going to wait so I dont end up with an actual nose bleed from it.

Jerimah3

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Jan 2011
So last night I took Kratom for the first time, we were out in the woods having a fire, it's winter so there was lots of snow and here are the results...

~7:00 ate 2.5g of Red Indo in a yogurt
~7:45 took 1 capsule of Bali (roughly .77g)
~8:15 took 2g straight powder of Red Indo
~8:40 took another 1g of straight powder of Red Indo
Did not have anymore the rest of the night, but...
~9:30 stomach started feeling upset
~9:45-ish threw up, not much, in fact really just 1 good puke.

Effects:
Felt a little spacey after the yogurt
The capsule didnt do much (as expect it was only one) still just felt spacey
A few minutes after eating the 2g of powder I felt a little jittery, walking was fun, still spacey
Friend that I was doing this with agreed that after the powder he felt it, he was just more spacey and such not jittery
After the other 1g same effects just a little more, felt like sitting in the same place and just talking and shit
My friend said he was almost falling asleep from just spacing out when he was sitting, when he stood he was more awake but equally as spacey.

I was the only one who threw up, he said his stomach didnt even feel upset, I'm curious as to why mine did. I didn't mind the taste of it that much, tasted kind of like bad tea flavor. It came on like all of the sudden my stomach felt wierd, then just got worse until I threw up like 20 mins later, which made me feel better but didnt entirely clear the feeling.

Throwing up did not kill the effect, I just went from jittery to a more sedated effect. I seemed to get colder then than usual, but my body might have just been looking for an excuse to go in as I was getting tired. Got into bed around 11, watched some TV but kept feeling like I was nodding off, fell right asleep and slept well, I did dream, but by no means was I lucid dreaming haha.

Mainly I'm curious as to why I got sick, I don't throw up from many drugs, only get sick if I take vicotin or percacet, only took them when I was prescribed them, and from drinking. I only took Kratom that night, no other drugs/alcohol.

Will probably try it again soon as it was fun, and I still have some left, any input on the matter would be good.

Thanks!

NeilPatrickHarris

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Juil 2009
well kratom is a weak opiate so if you get sick on other opiates then perhaps it's your low tolerance that is the reason you threw up, although i doubt it. as i said, kratom is a really weak opiate. personally my first assumption would be that the yogurt + kratom combo didn't settle well in your stomach.

i'd recommend just taking the kratom in capsules and wash it down with lots of water, like an entire tall glass of water. 4-6g of kratom sounds like a good dose for a beginner wanting to test the waters a little bit so stick with that dosage. the effects you described are correct, kratom's effects vary, so yes it has a mix of stimulation and sedation. the stimulation vs sedation depends on the strain and also the dosage. i don't think i've ever felt spacey on kratom at any dose except for doses of 20+g where i get an opiate nod from it. at doses that high though, i get a hangover the next day that sucks. kratom definitely gives me a hangover that i don't get with hydrocodone or oxycodone. i'll take 40-60mg of hydrocodone or oxycodone, get MUCH better effects, and be perfectly fine the next day. whereas with kratom i have to eat a ton of powder which is heavy on the stomach, i get much weaker effects and a hangover at high doses. i lost my passion for kratom, it's just not strong enough and the hangover sucks. but that's just me.

Jerimah3

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Jan 2011
Alright, didn't even think that the yogurt combo would do it, but that does make sense now that I think of it, my friend did complain about the yogurt+kratom, not his stomach, just said he didnt like it and it was very thick. I took the idea from someone who said it was the best way to take kratom, hehe...

Well perhaps will give it another try tonight or soon, I am limited on capsules, have powder and a little extract. will probably just toss and wash most of it from now on.

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
When I do kratom I just do .2g of 10x powder mixed with water. I'm not looking for a high high though. It just helps me feel spacy and lets me fall asleep with very nice dreamy sensation.

Granted it doesnt taste great but it reminds me of a strong nutmeg though I cant place why it tastes different, just reminds me of that even though it isnt. Unless you can get opiate affects off nutmeg and I was scammed lol but I trust the company so they would have had to been scammed lol. Lol it works so I aint complainin at this point hehe. Doesnt nutmeg burn if you take .2g of it? :p

Jerimah3

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Jan 2011
I got 5g of 15x extract that I think I may try tonight, i'm just a little nervous about measuring, don't have a scale and was just using the measurement of 1 teaspoon ~ 2g. So, I need to be careful to only take like .1 or .2 of the 15x....

Jerimah3

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Jan 2011
Alright, the results as promised tonight, sorry, don't have the times again...

but in order...
1/4 teaspoon of 15x extract (figured to be .6, so .6 of 15x should be like 9g, but I assume its a little lower)
wasn't as intense 9g should be, didn't really feel anything strong. I didn't feel quite sober, had just maybe a little buzz going on, enough to hardly notice but I knew that I was not totally sober.
1 teaspoon of red vein indo (roughly 2g)
Felt a good buzz off this, nothing too much, can't really describe it more than, "a buzz", i guess you could call it spacey, but its not too much, maybe some zoning out. But it noticeable buzzed.
This differs among me and my 2 friends; 1 felt absolutely nothing, the whole night, maybe a little bit, he said his legs tingled at first... haha. My other friend reacted pretty much the first time we did it, just kinda lazily sitting/standing around, spacing out.
A while after I smoked a little bit of weed, I heard it goes well with it. Couldn't really complain, could hardly notice the kratom high, but it was a different weed high, so I guess that was the mix.
Took 2 bali capsules
Didn't really notice them, no one really spoke up that they noticed them, except for the one who felt nothing... he still felt nothing.

So, still sitting here, still a bit high and ...'kratomed', so far stomach has been acting nicely, and hope it will the rest of the night :)

PS-powder+extract were taken toss and wash with cola or ice tea.

Also been a bit itchy, mostly in the face/neck area.

R

rhave

Invité
the main active components are opioids, so they produce effects like morphine, but they are also adrenergic. In my experience it's also seems to have a maximum effective dose, i've never managed to get as strong effects from it as i have from morphine or heroin even with very large doses, especially if i have built of tolerance. It seems to only be a partial agonist at least for mu receptors, kind of like suboxone. Kratom should result in withdrawls similar to any other opioid, though i've never had them from kratom alone.

Inscrit
19 Juil 2011
So i took a nice 4 gram dose of some kratom two days ago.

got a nicer feeling, and cleaned the house. i love this shit, as it gives me anice melklow feeling and enough stimulation to stillg et stuff done.

i noticed frequent urination the following night, but nothing to scary. i jsut drank water to counteract and keep ymself hydrated.

last night around 1 am, (i work nights so this is 2 hours after i got to work) i popped another 4 g dose. drinking water (in retrospect probably not nearly enoguh water) throughout the night. around 4 or 5 am i guess i was fading and topped off with another 8 caps (approx 4 grams) and experianced the characteristic boost, with a bit more stim and a little less euphoria.

all is well...

i get home around 730 am. have a slice of pizza and a couple glasses of water. followed by an extreemely long piss.

i am having pretty intense dry moth, but drinking water wasn't helping it much.

thank goodness the delivery man came to the door and knocked, just a few minutes ago, and i woke up. i got the package and whatever...

anyway i went to suck some snot out of the back of my throat, you know, where it makes that sound like felix unger from odd couple, and i was rewarded with a slightly painful lump of flesh pressed against the roof of my mouth.

found a flashlight and peered into my throat - my uvula was massive

anyway i nearly panicked
but decided first to consult the innertubes to see what google had to say about my condition. apparently this is very common after a night of drinking (read dehydration followed by deep sleep). apparently i snored so hard for so long that it irritated the shit out of my uvual, and since it was dry, it want well lubed and swole up.

so guys, live and learn! stay super hydrated when using this shit. it is awesome, and i ain't throwing out the rest of my maeng da but it startled me pretty good. i think ill be going back to imbibing this stuff once every few months for a special treat.

Daytona Dan Jackson

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
14 Sept 2011
Ya should for sure stay hydrated when you're floating down speciosa river ... it also couldn't hurt to sip on some grapefruit juice for 30-45 leading up to a good ride.

lately Dan has been doing the ole shake and chug regardless of the variety of ketum. Bali is a little hard to handle sometimes but the more energetic varieties tend to go down a little easier.

and shit, I just got a little nauseated just thinking about all that. Your good buddy Dan rode the mytragina pony well into the night last night.

M

morpheus

Invité
I tried kratom for the first time last week.I have a medium tolerance to opiates as i take methadone 2 or 3 days a week.I dont usually take any other opiates on top of this.I bought 20gs of the so called pimps kraton and 15gs of regular thai kratom.I took the whole lot over about 6hours and i never felt a thing off it.I didnt expect a heavy opiate gouch but i hoped i would feel this so called feeling of being keen to work and do things etc.But i really never felt a thing from it.There wasnt really any difference in the two different batches so im thinking maybe it was either fake or old kratom.Does having an opiate tolerance stop it working properly?? It came from a site called alternative high in the UK.Any opinions???

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I've heard somewhere that some people actually don't have the proper receptors to kratom or something of the like.

I wouldn't take anymore if 35 grams didn't do anything.

jaywabz

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Juin 2010
dissociatives are things like dxm, ketmine, nitroius oxide, pcp. I dont think kratom is one, but more of an opiod. I am intersted in its effects also. I am wondering why if it is a mild opaite why it isnt so popular and everyone isnt doing it? It must be legal for a reason. :roll:

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
So... in a quest to find a natural pain killer I reverted back to kratom from my pain meds (I think they were percacet or something).

I bought way too much with the intent on sharing some with friends. Well I shared with friends and still had a lot. I bought ~150 capsules, hoping it would last a long time (few months). The stuff was the cheapest I could find and ended up being of variable quality - some caps were very strong, some were unnoticeable. So I would end up taking a few too much some times in anticipation that they were going to be weak.

Anyways. I think I bought the 150 around 1 month ago and I'm down to my last 10 or so. They went quick. I can't help but feel a small addiction to them as well. I really want to take them, and when I take them I want to take more. Addiction, in its simplest form.

The only reason I write this is due to a story I had read, a first hand account, of a man who had taken Kratom for about 5 years straight, and stopped cold turkey for one month. He said he had no desire to take them, no addiction feelings no nothing. I can say that is farse, for 1. why did he start again then, and 2. I'm very certain I'm having some addictive thoughts.

Mind you: no withdrawels, I feel fine when I'm off them, and I've gone a few days without any and have no real concern on taking more, just when I see them, I really want to take some more - but it is not something I am thinking about while driving, for example.

Just thought I would post this.

L

Larry_Golade

Invité
Damn, I just ordered some, much less than you but still.

Oh well, I won't have enough to feed an addiction.

All I can say to you is good luck mate.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
yeah it gives me headaches now. its not a big deal i dont really have an addiction. i realized i was more bored with my work and home life and it was more of something "to do"/

Blacksnaik

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Fev 2012
Yes Kratom is addictive and illegal for that reason out here in Thailand.

I suggest you do an herbal cleanse. If it becomes a real issue you could look to Iboga for assitance.

Peace

Blacksnaik

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Fev 2012
Try Iboga or go to curezone.com and get info on detoxing and cleansing at home. They have recipes as well...

Peace