Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Kratom

IamYou

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Fev 2012
IJesusChrist a dit:
I've heard somewhere that some people actually don't have the proper receptors to kratom or something of the like.

I wouldn't take anymore if 35 grams didn't do anything.

I agree. 35 grams is high even for someone who takes kratom on a regular basis. I've stopped taken opiates altogether but I took kratom about a month after I stopped opiates. I bought 25 grams of regular Thai and dosed roughly 7 grams each time. It was a great little pick me up. Thai is known for it's stimulant properties around that dose and it didn't disappoint. Definitely helped with focus and was a general happy, up feeling. I wonder how much methadone the OP was taking and also for how long. That stuff is ridiculously strong and stays in your system for soooo long.

Iksio

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Fev 2012
I read somewhere it would be possible that kratom could induces a kind of dependance, but only if used very regularly... I guess you won't take it everyday in big doses, and even if you do i'm not sure you would be very addicted...

Traduction from the french version of Wikipedia :

« Kratom utilisation is liable to induce an habit, and those who use it may feel weaning syndroms when stopping taking it. Scientists in Southeast Asia have made a survey on big kratom users and found this belief according to which some users would have dark discoloration marks on their cheeks ; however, those allegations do not seem to have been noticed by scientists »

But even if no "real" addiction have been noticed, you should use it carefully and, as Blacksnaik says, this substance is prohibited in Thailand, so...

(By the way, sorry for the spelling mistakes, english isn't my native language :oops: )

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I am just reaching day three sober after 6 months of taking Kratom every day - and I can tell you it's not fun to quit!
I also read from people who said it was a walk in the park to quit after a year of use, but I think they were comparing it to opiates, which I don't know about. All I can say is: it is manageable, but not fun at all!

I had only started taking Kratom regularly because of a nasty mononucleosis infection that just wouldn't leave me alone, and I was desperate to get away from that bad flu feeling day in and out - and Kratom really helped a lot for a few months. However the last month or so I knew I had to stop it because my tolerance had been growing a lot and I was up to 15-20g a day, without the effects really being that strong anymore. I should have known better in the first place, but I had been desperate enough to try anything (doh!)

I wouldn't say Kratom has a very high addiction potential, because I still have a few dozen grams lying around and I never thought about taking some of it, because I really want to quit. But quitting is rather nasty!
You feel sore all over and you are kind of tired but not able to sit still at the same time. Even with a mild sleeping aid you won't be able to sleep longer than 5-6 hours until you wake up feeling hot and cold at the same time, not being able to fall asleep again.

However, in the past I have been taking Kratom once in a while, sometimes daily for up to a week, and there was no noticeable addiction after that short period of time. Maybe a bit of a hung-over feeling for half a day. I think the noticeable side effects of quitting will start after you grow a bit of a tolerance, and when the effects become noticeably shorter and weaker. That was for me about two months or even three months into it.

But, I repeat again: not fun to quit! Don't do it on a daily basis unless you really have to (like some people using it for chronic pains who really don't have any better options)

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I have basically cut down to putting about 5 grams in my coffee and spreading that coffee out over 3-4 days of my work week. by thursday or friday I don't take anymore and the weekend I have no use for it.

Works out good, no addiction potential whatsoever this way. This past week I didn't have any.

Daily, however, including the weekends - no re-up for the body from the alkaloids, so... yeah not good!

munnystaxxx

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
4 Avr 2012
I developed chronic back pain about two years ago and found kratom through some online research.

After about 5-6 months of using around 10+ teaspoons (roughly 25 grams) throughout the day, which were potentiated with grapefruit juice, I realized that I was addicted to it and needed to quit. So I quit cold turkey (genius idea :roll: ) and the next week was my idea of hell. I remember being miserable and apathetic, having having "the shakes", random crying spells and panic attacks not to mention my back pain felt twice as bad. The panic attacks and depression lasted roughly 1-2 months after quitting.

However, I did not smoke cannabis throughout my withdraws and feel like if I did, it would have been a walk in the park (seeing as that is how I quit my 6~ month old cocaine +/ritalin habit.) Or possibly kava kava.

I do believe that kratom is a wonderful entheogen, and I am even using it again (in moderation) after my previous experience.

HeadFullDMT

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
23 Avr 2012
I tried Kratom extract couple weeks back. Think it was around 2 grams. I work a lot on my computer for work etc. First my hands started to sweat a little. Couldn't concentrate on mulstitasking between software programs any longer, even clicking the mousebuttons seemed to much for me. Went to bed and then it hit me, this bliss feeling going through my whole body to the end of my toes. I must say i never had this deep satisfying feeling of contentment for a long time. (Not even from smoking Cannabis) Smiling myself into sleep state. Had a very odd dream that night where i was taking kratom with someone and we both had to drag each other through the dark streets. For me personally Kratom helps to relax my body before going to sleep. I also found that Kratom and Cannabis go very well together. Sometimes when the high is a little to much from smoking Cannabis i use kratom to get myself down a little. I don't use Kratom daily only when i feel tension when going to bed.

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
jaywabz a dit:
dissociatives are things like dxm, ketmine, nitroius oxide, pcp. I dont think kratom is one, but more of an opiod. I am intersted in its effects also. I am wondering why if it is a mild opaite why it isnt so popular and everyone isnt doing it? It must be legal for a reason. :roll:

Depending on the strain, kratom is stimulating or sedating. For example; white vein is stimulating, red vein is more sedating.
The effects are rather mild, and it is also not addictive (or at least, not more addictive then coffee) which explains why it is legal in most countries.

I won't buy extracts tbh, I heard stories of them being laced with RC's, not sure if it's true or not,
There is also a hypothesis that plain kratom leaf contains chemicals that make it non-addictive. In extracts the ratio's of the chemicals are fucked up, so extracts can be addictive, in contrary to plain leaf.
Also plain leaf is allot cheaper,
so just buy plain leaf, and empty capsules if you think the taste is horrible

IamYou

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Fev 2012
I'm currently on house arrest and have to give a urine sample every week. Hence, I've been dabbling in kratom again. I've tried almost all of the strains and extracts over the years and my favorites are regular Bali powder, followed by regular Thai powder. What strain do you like?

J

jeffsmith

Invité
Kratom extracts are amazing indeed.

Kratom is the common name given to the leaves of Mitragyna speciosa, a tree that is native to southern Asia. Adult trees average about 15-20 feet in height and produce a multitude of dark green leaves.

read more here no no no no retailerss

B

bSPUN2DubLuv

Invité
"I get the feeling that almost 50% of people who try it don't feel much. I mean brain chemistry is different from person to person and maybe it only works well on people who are normally a little nervous/uneasy. Stuff like Prozac (SSRI) also only works if you are normally depressed from a lack of serotonine, why shouldn't it be the same with Kratom?"

I used to partake in a wide variety of drugs, and a few years ago had an opiate addiction, but i havent done any recreational drugs in over a year because i have become a bit of an agoraphobic and am completely cut off from my connections. about a week ago i tried Kratom 15X for the first time, not for the "fun" of it really but because of my history my doctor wont prescribe me painkillers, although i do need them for my chronic joint pain. I Ingested orally about 1 1/2 grams in some liquid, I did not feel any effects.

I guess ive always had a pretty high tolerance for drugs, but i figured ive stayed very well clear of all opiates for 2 1/2 years (i know Kratom isn't exactly an opiate but yuh know, same difference, kind of..), and no access to any recreational drugs since last september, so i thought id get some good results.

So idunno is it just brain chemistry? I was thinking because i used to do a shiteload of opiates maybe fings are a bit wonky now with those type substances..but then i remembered Kratom is sometimes used to combat opiate addiction so the use of it should compare...

Any ideas would be cool.

toogoodforyou

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Juin 2008
For some reason, I'm getting nausea after consuming kratom, despite the fact that my kratom powder is of high quality. Any tips to reduce the nausea?? :puke:

Am I consuming too much?? Or is my method of consumption wrong?? I've been taking some in a spoon and swallowing it with water. I'm sick of the taste.

Carbonel

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
2 Juil 2013
I suspect you need to reduce the dose. It is easy to overshoot; did it myself last night.

As they say, "less is more." It's counter intuitive, but it is particularly true with kratom. How much are you taking?

Ginger candies can help with the nausea, but -- once you've crossed the kratom misery threshold -- you usually just have to wait it out.

good luck!

aaron

toogoodforyou

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Juin 2008
Okay, finally made kratom tea yesterday and got no nausea at all. How long am I supposed to boil it??

joebatt

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
11 Déc 2013
hi all-

received a kratom sampler not too long ago and tried it - in tea, in yogurt, in soup, capsules, in alcohol - seemed it work best in tea and certainly enhanced alcohol effects but no matter how I prepared it or which type, it didn't sit well with my stomach - unfortunate since id say an avg dose was nicely sedative. anyway id like to pass on my sampler to someone who wants it for cheap or a barter - just not my thing really - granted you don't know me from a can of paint, but feel free to send me a message/reply and we can discuss - if you have ebay, we could work out a barter on there - let me know if youd be interested...

teodorus

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Jan 2014
Jeniger a dit:
There is a lot of unclear information about the use of kratom, just wanted to make some things clear around this underrated plant.

Offcourse like everything else kratom can be addictive, but its not really that addictive as people want u to believe, making comparations with opiates. Also there is some confusion about the intake, most people make a disgusting tea out of it, but this is a real waist, tosh and wash really is the way to go,but make shure to blend the kratom a few minutes to powder.

The kratom commercial sales in holland here are a joke, u will pay around 10-15 euros for aprox 10/15 grams. So if u make a tea from half of that, wich mostly is average advised dose(around 5 grams) U will feel something but not the full spectrum. I can understand that because of this people will think kratom is a waiste, boring, expensive, unatractive.

But when ordering from wholesales, the prices dropes with a 1000%.
Instead of 10 euro it becomes only 1,-
This is where kratom gets interesting.... :mrgreen:

I have had amazing (spiritual) experiences, really feelling similair like mdma(especially combining with cannabis) But without the serotonine fuck ups. Aftherwards i can sleep really long, wich is a great gift for me(light sleeper), afther sleep i can really feel being a bit reborn similair like shrooms.Mostly i will use between 15 and 20 grams, dosing 5 grams at a time with delays of around half an hour.

It's also a perfect replacement for asperine,or pain relievers, have used it succesfully against back pain, and a collapsed lung.

this plant is way too beautifull to be demonized, and if u have not, i encourage everyone to discover the full spectrum :rolleyes:

hi everybody, if there is any one of you wants to buy kratom, i have many stock here and i'm from borneo, Indonesia the country which produce original kratom and direct contact with farmers here. we can send a sample first and we only need your contribution on shipping and handling cost for the sample delivery. if you are interested with my offer, you may contact me through my email [email protected]

best regard
teo

mitchello

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Déc 2014
toogoodforyou a dit:
Okay, finally made kratom tea yesterday and got no nausea at all. How long am I supposed to boil it??

One easier alternative is to eat ginger before or during consumption, which is known to prevent nausea.