Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Just what you always wanted for Xmas

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
The Church of Scientology International is encouraging parents to give their tweens and teens a new kind of stocking stuffer this Christmas-and its free.

It's a packet of drug education booklets that kids actually like, called "The Truth About Drugs." Made in a youth friendly, pocket-sized format the booklets provide straightforward facts from national and international sources and meet head-on the problem of how to talk to kids about drugs.

A community drug education and prevention proponent for more than 20 years, the Church helps support the publication and distribution of the drug-free packets. "Drugs are at the root of many of the problems we face today," said Wendy Beccaccini, the Say No to Drugs Programs Coordinator of the Church of Scientology International. "Arming kids with relevant facts about drugs isn't just a nice thing to do, it's a vital part of keeping them happy and healthy."

The Truth About Drugs packet contains a series of booklets on the most commonly abused drugs: alcohol, marijuana, inhalants, ecstasy, cocaine and crack cocaine, prescription drug abuse, methamphetamine, heroin and LSD.

Nineteen year-old Nick Mauser, the Youth President of the Foundation for a Drug-Free World, the non-profit secular organization that publishes the booklets, says they debunk what kids hear on the street about drugs. "If you don't know better, when someone tells you a drug will make you cool, help you forget your problems or make you one of the guys, it might seem worth the risk," said Mauser. "That's why informative drug education is vital and why these booklets are straight talk-things that pushers and others who want you to do drugs don't say," said Mauser.

"Teens like these booklets because they don't just tell you to say 'no" said Mauser. "They say what each drug does with real stories from people who have been there -- its not preaching but the facts."

To get a free Truth About Drugs packet, contact your local Church of Scientology, or order them online at drugfreeworld.org.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
'The truth about drugs'

The truth about drugs is that they are an integral part of what we are.

Whether you call it 'dope', or 'medicine' or 'food' ( remember, glucose functions as a drug within the human matrix ) or 'poison'....

It's all the same thing, chemicals.

Manipulating abstractions for control is what the terminology of 'drugs' is all about.

....and the church of scientology is a joke.

A religion started by a mediocre science-fiction writer and espoused by a who's who of dumb-ass Hollywood stars with more money than brain cells.

Jesus.
:lol:

G

Invité
I want one for Christmas, so I can have time to learn it by earth by New Year's Eve and piss off my friends by citating quotes from this shit the whole night long.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
drugfreeworld.org
wow. I mean- WOW. Did you visit this homepage? It is perfect. Hitler would envy them. This site is.....wow. Propaganda drawn to perfection- absolute. Wow. I am impressed. They really have much money. They are good.
Shit. WATCH THE VIDEOS. This is perfect.

Crappy Homepage a dit:
LSD is manufactured from a fungus that grows on rye and other grains and is one of the most potent chemicals and poisonous substances on Earth.
Ecstasy is illegal and addictive.
Alcohol kills more teens annually than all other drugs combined.
At least they are right here.

But hey, interesting. I'd like to get it for Christmas. It's funny.

Mycophile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
30 Juil 2004
I will pass by the Scientology church in Amsterdam in an hour. I think I'll drop by for a little chitchat. :)

If you don't read anything from me within 2 days they probably convinced me...

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I wonder if that LSD guy grew his hair long just for the video. And who's lying about what "they said"? Who's "they" anyway?

I wonder what happened after that girl took half an E. And whether that Hanson guy actually tried to rob a store in his life.

Check out the real life stories, for example the one about LSD:

"At the age of 16 I was introduced to a drug that I abused for over three years —LSD. What I was unaware of was the fact that LSD is the most potent hallucinogen known to man.

"The drug came on a small piece of paper no bigger than my index finger, called a blotter. Fifteen minutes after putting the paper on my tongue my entire body got hot and I began to sweat.

"Some other reactions that I experienced while on the drug included dilated pupils, nausea and goose bumps. While high on LSD I felt like there was a huge distortion both in my mind and body. The visual changes as well as the extreme changes in mood were like some strange scary trip — one in which I felt like I had no control over my mind and body."— Edith
So let's get this straight: for over three years she abused a substance that gave her nausea and scary trips, unaware that this substance was the most potent hallucinogen known to man... I mean... That doesn't make sense.

Fortunately Tom knows LSD a little better:

"I would stay up for days at a time binging. Eventually I had lost a lot of weight; I looked like walking death and was a disgrace to everyone who loved me."— Tom

Yeah, that happened to me once, really sucks.

endlessness

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Mar 2008
spice a dit:
'The truth about drugs'

The truth about drugs is that they are an integral part of what we are.

Whether you call it 'dope', or 'medicine' or 'food' ( remember, glucose functions as a drug within the human matrix ) or 'poison'....

It's all the same thing, chemicals.

Manipulating abstractions for control is what the terminology of 'drugs' is all about.

....and the church of scientology is a joke.

A religion started by a mediocre science-fiction writer and espoused by a who's who of dumb-ass Hollywood stars with more money than brain cells.

Jesus.

well said :)

would you mind expanding on how glucose works as a drug?

Mycophile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
30 Juil 2004
By the way...
I can remember a documentary where they showed/stated that pharmaceutical companies belong to the biggest sponsors of drugfreeworld.com. Just so they can keep naggin' about cannabis. Terrified as hell for a 'new' medicine...

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
endlessness a dit:
would you mind expanding on how glucose works as a drug?
I know you asked Spice, but just yesterday there was an article about it on DoseNation.

http://www.dosenation.com/listing.php?smlid=5588

Professor Bart Hoebel and his team in the Department of Psychology and the Princeton Neuroscience Institute have been studying signs of sugar addiction in rats for years. Until now, the rats under study have met two of the three elements of addiction. They have demonstrated a behavioral pattern of increased intake and then showed signs of withdrawal. His current experiments captured craving and relapse to complete the picture.

"If bingeing on sugar is really a form of addiction, there should be long-lasting effects in the brains of sugar addicts," Hoebel said. "Craving and relapse are critical components of addiction, and we have been able to demonstrate these behaviors in sugar-bingeing rats in a number of ways."

And:

Hoebel has shown that rats eating large amounts of sugar when hungry, a phenomenon he describes as sugar-bingeing, undergo neurochemical changes in the brain that appear to mimic those produced by substances of abuse, including cocaine, morphine and nicotine. Sugar induces behavioral changes, too. "In certain models, sugar-bingeing causes long-lasting effects in the brain and increases the inclination to take other drugs of abuse, such as alcohol," Hoebel said.

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
Yes please, 1 box for the fire place :lol: :oops:

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
One of us should order such a set, and then make a video in their style, concluding: "They said they would tell me the truth about drugs, but they lied."

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Yes please, 1 box for the fire place

HAHA I was thinking the same thing. But I was thinking more less on ordering a shit load, and burning them, so they have none left. This is complete bullshit. Our world needs to wake up.......

seriously through, how do you order, I feel like laughing.

peace & love

tregar

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
28 Sept 2008
Yeah, the truth about drugs is that humans have been changing their consciousness since the beginning of time, we have an inbuilt drive to seek out and change our consciousness from time to time; drugs are the catalyst or tools that allow that to happen.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I just ordered a copy. This should be interesting.

MelloTrip

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
CaduceusMercurius a dit:
One of us should order such a set, and then make a video in their style, concluding: "They said they would tell me the truth about drugs, but they lied."

Haha, that would be great.

We should also gather some users' comments from trip reports and scientific data about the drugs presented in the various booklets.

Then edit these booklets, i.e. keep the same format, fonts, images... and replace the made out quotes, crap statements by our collected material.

And finally print them and give them out in the street.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
hehe how many such plans did I already hear on this forum?

have fun, user_1919 :wink:

dutchmarshal

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
21 Juin 2007
i ordered an info box with free dvd :)

look at this someone wrote...
"For three days, a friend gave me glue, free of cost. On the fourth day he asked for money from me. By then, I was addicted and I had to give him money to get a tube of glue. I needed several tubes of glue daily."
—Marty

"I didn't think I had a 'drug problem' — I was buying the tablets at the chemist [drug store]. It didn't affect my work. I would feel a bit tired in the mornings, but nothing more. The fact that I had a problem came to a head when I took an overdose of about 40 tablets and found myself in the hospital. I spent 12 weeks in the clinic conquering my addiction."— Alex

haha so funny! how do u take an overdose of 40tabs accidentally :p and yea i am so addicted to glue.. and my friend the glue dealer? c'mon..

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Quote:
"For three days, a friend gave me glue, free of cost. On the fourth day he asked for money from me. By then, I was addicted and I had to give him money to get a tube of glue. I needed several tubes of glue daily."
—Marty

No amount of drug treatment is going to help Marty. He is;

a) fucking stupid

and

b) a figment of some propagandists imagination.

Thanks CM for answering that question for me.

I also want to add that glucose functions as a drug in a more primal, basic way in each and every one of us, whether or not we display addictive behaivour patterns in terms of our consumption.

It is common knowledge that our moods are affected by our blood sugar levels.

Glucose is truly the 'everymans' antidepressant/ mood elevator/ stimulant.

Twilight

Inscrit
7 Juin 2008
You can't argue with these guys. They also made a documentary called 'Psychiatry: Industry of Death', I guess that says enough.
There is really no way into convincing these guys of the real truth.

It's pathetic they claim to know the truth. Who are they to claim to know the truth is all what they do is lie? It might get even worse than Christianity is doing at the moment.

pax

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Sept 2008
Just ordered the box set.. Probably use it as wall art the next time I decide to drop :)