Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Its a psychedelic.

Crimzen

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
People tend not to think of cannabis as a psychedelic, it sure is though
apart from the many experiences (it would take FAR too long to type them all up) i've had with it being psychedelic, last night i was at home bored, i decided to resin my bong (as im fresh out of weed) and the resin was pretty decent quality believe it or not, i hate smoking resin but beggars cant be choosers
So i was out in my backyard with my bong and my notepad as per usual
after the first hit i instantly felt more enlightened and wrong a page of theory in relation to the universe and all that good stuff

I'll post what i wrote next time im online at home (not at home atm)
does anyone have any very obvious psychedelic experiences from the most reliable drug i know of?

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Agreed. It is my favorite psychedelic, and the ONLY ONE that you can use with consistent results day in and day out.

There's a reason why IT is still illegal.

But they're losing. :D

figment

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Jan 2008
It is. And it seems, that the 'older' I get (or is it, the longer it has been since I first took a real psychedelic, say a tryptamine), the more psychedelic it becomes. Back in the day I was just stoned. Now it can be such a beautiful and inspiring thing.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
agreed
im only 20 so im not 'older' but ive been smoking since early puberty and over the last say 2 years ive noticed it more and more, now i feel like i can really enjoy it on another level than i used to

altho even in my early smoking days i had a few fairly intense 'trips' on mj

i hope more comes with time :D

try and stop me govrenment

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
It depends on the user though. These days plenty of youths loitering about and using cannabis, but they seem to use it more like a form of 'escapism'. It doesn't make them reconsider their actions and their overall attitude towards things, in fact it seems to work as a catalyst to behave even more uhh... irrational? Vandalism and randomly annoying people for the fun of it etc.

Though even those casual users will inevitably be subjected to the more psychedelic effects every now and then, but will likely fail to comprehend it and/or truly appreciate it.

[Edit]: I just realised that this is also true for the more obviously psychedelic substances, Mushies and LSD have their casual users as well. Though people who don't like the psychedelic aspect of it are not very likely to use these substances more than twice or thrice. And Marijuana has a whole legion of users that do not appreciate the true potential of the plant.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
very true, more so than those who truly appreciate it i'd say.

i gota admit though, sometime i smoke to blurr myself a bit, i think too much and if i get hazed out i dont think so fast.
and sometimes i smoke to get blazed as fuck, no real reason for the belligerent use but i enjoy the experience, this happens with a bunch of friends so its a social thing

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Yes you are right indeed, when I smoke socially the psychedelic effects are minimalized, though I can also be psychedelically stoned amongst the proper friends. But yeah it's most psychedelic when done alone, so maybe there is a correlation between cannabis being used mostly as a social drug and it's lesser acknowledged psychedelic potential.

I can clearly remember occasions when I would be smoking socially and 'peer pressure' just killed the psychedelic part of it and made it more of an alcohol-esque inebriation.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
i think the thing about cannabis is that it really facilitates trance, that's where it reveals it's psychedelic side--and smoking socially is not conductive to trance at all... also you can totally ignore that side of it once you get used to being high. unless you eat a couple big brownies, typically the psychedelic effects of cannabis are optionally experienced, only by those who know/remember how to go there. at least in my experience.

i still get psychedelic effects when i toke everyday, but when i take a break for a week or so, i forget how strong they come back. i recently had my first toking session in a week. i was seeing objects in my room shrinking and stretching and changing color, fanciful imaginative creatures coming to life, fully animated on the surface of some drumskins and cymbals nearby, hearing musical ideas in my head so clear it was as if they had a life of their own, yet i could control and shape them. vibrant, organic visuals behind my eyelids . listening to minimalist music, my sense of time seemed to slow down to a halt, even fragment

and crimzen i agree. i've been smoking for years now.. i usually don't smoke everyday (maybe for a week or 2 now and then, followed by a break of a week or so), and so far the psychedelic effects haven't been reduced at all.

:weedman:

MelloTrip

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Cannabis doesn't get the respect it deserves.

I've had some wonderful psychedelic experiences with it, alone in my room. Smoking it has became a kind of ritual with rules attached to it :

1- pure cannabis i'll smoke
2- at most once every 3 weeks i'll smoke
3- with a bad set i won't smoke
4- within a good setting i'll smoke : at most two close friends, preferably alone, in my room or a place i'm familiar and comfortable with, with some music I know, love and want to explore deeper (generally full albums)

It's funny though, I also have a huge respect for mushrooms but I kind of fear taking them. With cannabis I get powerful (yet different) experiences but I don't experience this fear.

Besides, I don't feel I need a sitter with cannabis. What I find interesting with cannabis is that it is versatile (you can use it in so many ways), powerful when used properly, yet to me it is 'safe'. Most of my experiences didn't have a bad moment (unlike my shrooms trips for instance).

Edit : Did i kill this interesting topic ? :?

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
When you smoke a lot of cannabis, it loses its psychedelic properties more and more. However if you don't smoke it often, it will be really psychedelic.
At least for me it is.

Cannafarmer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
13 Sept 2008
I know once when I smoked a fat one after more then a month... I first felt at very good peace and very at ease.
I starting to call out the kundalini fire within me and then I had what you could call a psychedelic experience.

So yes, I believe so too cannabis is a psychedelic, but to have any sort of effects in that sort of way on me, I should leave a huge amount of time between it.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
for me i generally only have to take a break for a few days and smoking good mary jane will have me experiencing mild synaesthesia, my peripheral vision will be dancing with visuals, I'll get CEV, etc. last night i smoked some fresh outdoor after 4 days and I had an incredibly deep experience that cut through a lot of the stress i've had lately, put me in a profoundly calm headspace and brought out some early memories i had forgotten about. good stuff.

if i take a break for a couple weeks the same dose will be even more amplified in effects, quite comparable to a moderate psychedelic trip. if i'm with people holding a conversation, i'll just see geometrical patterns instead of hearing a conversation.. that kind of thing

i know i seem to find weed a lot more psychedelic than other people i know.. i wonder if that's because i didn't start smoking weed until my mid 20s (wheras others my age were smoking weed hardcore during their later teenage years), or that i mainly focus on its trance-inducing and sensory qualities

Oknayd

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Mai 2008
nice topic.

I just (temporarily) quit smoking +/- 5 months ago, i guess (to paraphrase spice) because i didn't liked the road i was on. You see, i was always a moderate smoker, maybe three or twice a month, but somehow i developed a little habit and started smoking 2 or 3 times a week. Which, i guess for most people, isnt a big deal. But i caught myself using it as an escape instead of in an exploring way, and i felt there was a lot of shit undealt within me that i tried to bury under the hashish so to speak ;) .
Anyway, i quit and indeed a lot of shit came rising above and it really tested my discipline everytime i smelled that lovely smell :lol: .. It helped a lot though that i just knew it probably was going to be intense ride and the setting wasn't right for such an experience.

But to conclude my so serious sounding post, i think i'm going for the 6 months and maybe then get out the good ol' pipe when it's new year whooheee! :mrgreen: now i just have to select some music beforehand :)

I-Am-Ford

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
7 Août 2009
I completely agree. I have been an avid tripper for many years now, but I never smoked weed. I'm not a smoker, so getting past the smoking aspect of it just seemed to not be worth it. I made a wish one night while tripping that I could afford to be in that state of mind more often (both financially and physically). I got my wish a few weeks later when a friend recommended to my wife to get me a vaporizer for my birthday.

I got the vaporizer and I must admit, I wasn't too enthusiastic. In fact, it sat in a drawer for about 2 months. Finally, one beautiful Sunday sunset I decided to give it a whirl. After using it, I sat down and I began to get into that meditative state like I normally do when I am tripping. I expected to feel a little light, perhaps maybe a little euphoric, but I did not expect in anyway to get the psychedelic experience. Well, I was pleasantly surprised! Suddenly I had all kinds of visions from my third eye. There was no doubt that I was once again "in that place" and everything made sense. I was whizzing through the multiverse and relating very intellectually with my varying states of awareness.

The beautiful part was that it was light and I felt like could still totally function. I grabbed my laptop and I started taking notes for my next book. I loved the fact that it wasn't so much of a commitment. Tripping for 6-10 hours can become draining and its a little difficult to feel refreshed the next day simply because I'm mentally exhausted. This was nice. It lasted about an hour and then I fell into a pleasant euphoria and then to sleep right there in the chair on the porch with my dog.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
hahaha sounds good man
if you enjoy it you should try ingesting some orally, cook up some brownies or something, theres no negative effects if its not smoked

i smoke alot of weed and as high a tolerance as i have i still get a good high from cannabis
i like to sit in my backyard in my chair next to a table with my bongs and stuff on it, i sit there with my pen and pad and write and draw whatever comes to my head, i've had a few really good sessions where i've written some pretty intense stuff
and it just kinda comes to me when im in the right setting (my backyard)
or i read a book (depending on how high i am, if im blazed as hell then readings tedious)
my back garden is awesome to get high in as its a little overgrown and its full of different colours from the many different kinds of plants
i cant wait to trip in my backyard on acid or shrooms
but for now mary jane is nothing but satisfying

Nina_is_alive

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Mar 2009
So speaking about experiences where it's gotten obviously psychedelic

last night a friend and I were hanging out and we got an eigth of some really good stuff and decided to smoke out of an apple. we had like a bowl and a half or something and didnt feel it for some time, when it finally came on it was fine at first- 15 minutes after it hit me I felt so floored. My entire body was trembling/shaking and I couldnt help it. it was involuntary and I had to almost think about breathing [which felt really heavy] I kept a cool head but realized that I could start to trip a little, but tried to steer it away from that becayse that wasnt what I wanted that night. Then I layed down and when I put my hand on my bed I swear I felt it start to melt. CEV's if I kept my eyes closed, but I didnt keep them closed really. I just wanted to stop shaking! I felt my chest fold in on itself like origami if I layed sideways. after half an hour/45 or so the peak died down and I nice more enjoyable high.

but yeah my hands begining to melt and uncontroblable shaking really shocked me! It reaffirmed a whole new respect in me for Miss Mary. I was going to maybe trip on shrooms this week for the first time, but this is making me really think twice about it! I still feel pretty confident though.

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
CEV's should only happen with closed eyes, lol, unless you trip have a new set of eyes grow out and then keep those open while closing your original eyes. Wow I'm high right now. Fo Shizzle... I always wanted to say that.