Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

IS TV LAME- INFORMATIVE AT BEST-USELESS-CRAP!

DO YOU FIND TELEVISION TODAY?

• LAME

Votes: 0 0,0%
  • BORING

• EXCITING

Votes: 1 12,5%
  • INFORMATIVE

• EDUCATIONAL

• WAST OF TIME

• REALITY CALL

Votes: 6 75,0%
  • PUT YOU TO SLEEP

• COMPLAINT

• DO YOU PREFER SOMETHING ELSE

Votes: 1 12,5%

• Nombre total d'électeurs

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
Not blank for me. has a video but I dont do youtube or whatever it is.

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Quant a dit:
TV is a tool to control the population and keep people asleep so they work and consume quietly.

It provides shitty culture and it makes shitty people in a shitty world.

If you call it a "tool' it sounds like it was intelligently designed exactly the way it is, with the one goal to make people stupid.
That is an easy standpoint, because it takes away all the responsibility from the average viewer, and blames it on "them".
The point is, there is no conspiring "them" who want to control your mind with tv - there is however a lot of tv makers who want to sell a lot of advertising time, and so they try out shit and see how it works. Somehow the really, really stupid stuff seems to work best because most people are regularly watching it. This is totally the viewers fault. If nobody watched the stupid shit, no money could be made, and they'd have to show something else or go bankrupt.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i've changed my stance. the way i view it now is that: if these things didn't exist, the big-media, big-business, the illuminati, then we wouldn't even have realized what it was that we didn't have! they take this power from us, only because we didn't even realize that it was there to begin with! don't hate them. for they are the catalyst in our self realization. they took the reigns, but they truely only set an example of how the reigns can be taken! and now that the MASSES are aware, it's coming time for us to take the reigns back. it is with thought that this happens. there need not be another war, it would be pointless. the way to beat the illuminati is within us. all of us. not some external tangent that must be stolen or won. the answer is literally contained within the strands of our dna, so no one need be excluded, not even the illuminati themselves. if we can forgive everyone who has done us wrong, than ALL of us can move forward into productivity and peace.

reDEEMed

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Mai 2011
How the hell do I vote?

Aemilius, stop the short bus for a second and tell me why I can't seem to vote.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Aemilius a dit:
It's really very simple. If you can show me how it was insulting I will apologize. If you can't, then just admit you made a meaningless bullshit remark.

There such thing as a passive aggressive attitude...

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
do i tend to post "bullshit" or troll? i make an effort not to do that, maybe when i was 16, certainly not anymore...

Quant says: “TV is a tool to control the population and keep people asleep so they work and consume quietly. It provides shitty culture and it makes shitty people in a shitty world.”

aemillius said: "That’s a perfect description of television. Perfect, that is, if one sees the world through the mental equivalent of a drinking straw!"

with an obnoxious picture of colorful straws.

take it for what you will, it's really not very discussion-worthy. just my opinion...

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I don't see an insult in the straw-post, but you edited it so I don't know. what I know is that your picture-posting can get very annoying because it's loosing itself in redundancy, the more you use these pictures (especially those absurdly ridiculous faces in the news items) the less information they carry, they just become noise.
I felt like writing a post pointing it out to you some time ago, but I let it be because I thought it might have an insulting tone to it.
what I also know is that allusion seems like a decent person to me, and if he insulted you, you may have been the first person for him to insult.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
So, first you say there is no need for insults, but when I ask you to point out where the insult is I get "it's not worth rehashing" and "you should know it's insinuating".

i figured you'd know what i was talking about. concerning this, you seemed to sense the possibility of offense in your post anyhow, in the fact that you changed "you" to "one"..?

"obnoxious" ..so, we're going by stern definitions instead of how we normally use words? :| let me try again then, so as to be clear. how about loud, and unnecessary in such quantity.

Allusion has done neither. Either address the issue or don't, but obfuscating the issue with hints of "passive aggressive" tendencies on my part, picture posting that "can get very annoying because it's loosing itself in redundancy" and "obnoxious colorful straws", well, that's just plain silly (in my opinion).

i think we know that i originally addressed only one thing. like i said, i thought i addressed it the first time, my mistake for assuming that you knew which part of your post might sound a little insinuating. it's really not that big of a deal.

none of us are on the same team, we aren't ganging up on you (in fact we often disagree), these are simply our opinions.
i said this isn't worth rehashing because, well, look at what we're doing right now...

aynne.jpg

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
file.php

file.php

file.php

stop posting these. I don't see any worth in these "comments", and I'll go so far as to say that this isn't my opinion but a matter of fact. if you want to comment on our absurd world then do it in the form of text, but stop shoving these stupid images down our throats.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
honestly, i dont care what you say, even if it does break forum rules. i am not one for censorship. i simply thought i'd offer you a piece of constructive criticism. i am merely here for discussion (and trying to keep it useful...). but we've now successfully turned this thread into a black hole. :?

Too loud? Too bad! You’re not going to dictate (subtly or overtly) what opinion I post or how I post it as long as no forum rules are broken

just so you know, another member was warned about breaking forum rules by constantly posting in multi-colored text all the time. i think the picture posting follows this same line of ruling, but like i said, im not going to tell you what to do because i don't care. just stop doing this crap right here (arguing petty nonsense) and neither of us will have a problem. a debate is one thing(i love), this however, is something that no one else should have to read... can we all be mature and end it now? pretty please with sugar on top?

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
this thread reminds me of T.V.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
Aemilius a dit:
BananaPancake "stop posting these. I don't see any worth in these "comments", and I'll go so far as to say that this isn't my opinion but a matter of fact. if you want to comment on our absurd world then do it in the form of text, but stop shoving these stupid images down our throats."

So, is this just a strong suggestion by a fellow member voicing opposition, or the moderator forbidding me to post images based on my having violated some rule? If you are speaking as the moderator and I have broken some rule I apologize (and will remove the images), just let me know what kind of pictures I'm permitted to post and the limits on size and number per month that is allowed and I'll comply. If you are just speaking as a fellow member, I recognize that you don't care for the way I express my opinion, and would only add that you are free to ignore it, just as I am free to ignore yours.
this is a strong suggestion by an otherwisely tensed-up moderator (my arguments wouldn't be so heated or strong if it wasn't for other areas in my life right now, please excuse me for that), asking you to stop cluttering the forum with pictures and big text. you know, we'd read your posts in normal font as well, you get our attention anyway. I may be a moderator here, but I won't ban you - that'd be childish. I'm letting you know that your posts can be quite annoying, and that I feel that they often don't really add anything except for some random picture.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
guys, rly?