Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Improve high from low quality buds - the magic of terpenes

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008
I figured some one here would be interested

Smokin Moose a dit:
While I was in Nimbin recently at the 2008 Mardi Grass, I had the opportunity to sit and blow a joint with Ed Rosenthal. We got to talking about Terpenes, with particular regard to a chapter in Ed's latest Book, "The Big Book of Buds Vol. 3", called 'The Secret Chemistry of Cannabis Odors and Highs'.
The discussion led to a Terpene known as Myrcene, which is the most prevalent Terpene found in most varieties of Cannabis, but not found in hemp. It is also present in high amounts in mangos, hops, lemon grass, West Indian bay tree, verbena and the plant from which it derives it's name Mercia.
Myrcene appears in small amounts in the essential oils of many other plants.
It's odor is described as clove-like, earthy, green-vegetative, citrus, fruity with tropical mango and minty nuances.
Without going into too much detail from the book, Ed explained that the presence of Myrcene was an important factor in the quality and enjoyment of the high from smoking certain Cannabis strains, particularly those strains that came from tropical climates...namely Sativas.
Ed went on to tell me that it was possible to enhance the quality of the high from a low potency bud, through the addition of Myrcene. He went on to say that this could in fact be tested and verified. And this is how he told me to do it.
Say I had a nicely grown bud that was lacking in the 'Zing' department when smoked. If I was to eat a Mango one hour before smoking the bud, Ed said the addition of Myrcene to my body from the mango, would have a profound impact on the quality of the high, and I would notice the 'Zing' that was missing, had I just smoked the bud without having eaten the mango.

Yes folks, you heard it here. You can improve the quality of the high from a bud you smoke, if you eat a fresh mango ONE HOUR before smoking!

Yep... that is true.
- Source

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
Thats amazing! :) i LOVE mangos too, ill be sure to give it a try next time i smoke some and post any diffrence!

(shit... where do i get low quality bud?! hahaha)

how about ill test it on some indica and see if theres any sativa like feelings with it.

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
my only suppliers are medical. :ANAL: :mrgreen:

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
That's awesome! I guess it would improve any quality of smoke wouldn't it? I want to try :D

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
hmm, this makes me wonder how much of the rest of my diet plays into how high i get (besides all the fruit i eat). i eat better than all of my friends (except maybe 1 or 2) and seem to get way higher than them. i am also slightly smaller than them too but the difference in how high we get seems far too great to solely be attributed to weight difference. (i was seeing (soft)open, as well as (solid)closed eyed visuals last night from some super quality herb. only a couple hits). i love being healthy! :D

Weyoun

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Août 2009
trick a dit:
my only suppliers are medical. :ANAL: :mrgreen:

1403_randyWheelBarrowA.jpg

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
well thats a good idea to get em off the ground! thanks man!

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
I tried this yesterday. Instead of whole mangoes, I had 450ml of Odwalla Mango Tango juice (damn good!). I definitely think it had an effect, these buds were not low quality, but I got completely blazed out. I was way higher than usual, even for a binge like that was, so I'm completely convinced.

:weedman:

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
ya, i think this shit is real. theres too many people on the net claiming it works to be a placebo. nearly everone who tries it says so.

and i deffinatly aggree, altho the bud wasnt low quality, it seemed like it took much less to get a really euphoric nice cerebral high, and it seemed to last longer.

i also ate one AS i was smoking and around about when i usually start to sobor it. it started kicking back in just as hard. i think this can be used to bring back a diminishing high too. :mrgreen:

crazy shit. wish i knew this when i was actually smoking. i hardly do anymore. i dont like the way it dulls my mind.

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
trick a dit:
crazy shit. wish i knew this when i was actually smoking. i hardly do anymore. i dont like the way it dulls my mind.
Same here brotha! I think a human being is nothing without a memory, life is pointless without it, and weed completely destroyed my memory after a year of heavy use. I tried this mango experiment after a sober week and smoked as much as I normally would have when I was using it often. That totally solidified my view that what I was doing was complete abuse of the plant, and didn't even feel that great. It's good though, now I know how much and how often to enjoy it :D

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
ya im finally learning how to use it properly without abuse.

i spoke to an ex member on here today who discribed himself as being on an herbal holliday.
thats the best way to do it. save the bud for vacations. how often do you take those?

when i smoke im out of my head. im just absent. i dont like it.
i loved it while i was doing it every day for afew years, but after getting a taste of what its like to be human again, its turned me off of it quite abit.

keep inmind i would smoke a fatty right now if you passed it to me. but atleast its a start huh? lol