Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

I'm homeless! WEE!

Sprax

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Juin 2009
Guenn Eona Nimue a dit:
Spencer’s original post is a perfect illustration of why one should not steal, and (in my opinion) you are injuring yourself and others, both psychologically and spiritually in the process.
Well said! Theft is not only a matter or ownership. In fact, the biggest problem with theft, especially when from someones house, is the breach of personal integrity that leaves people feeling violated.

I respect ICJ as an intelligent and in many areas knowledgeable person, but I still agree about Spencer's bit about being "gutted with a fucking steak knife" for these types of crimes.

These types of crimes cost society astronomical amount of resources that could have been put to better use. Consider not only the monetary value of that stolen, but also also resources spent on preventing theft (time, energy, resources on doors, locks, alarm systems) and the resources spent on the police, judiciary and penal system. There is no such thing as petty theft. Anyone who believes this has not spent enough time reflecting on the actual costs.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
The reason I can casually say I steal things is somewhat hard to relate to...

When I had a car I did not lock my doors, and had my entire ~500$ sound system stolen. When I found out, I laughed. I put up a note on my window from there on out "Doors unlocked". :D - you see. If I buy 500$ worth of stuff from the internet that I didn't make and I didn't design, the only thing they stole was my ability to connect the wires in my car - I DID kind of get mad at that. But 500$? heh.

I went an entire year without locking up my bike and it was never stolen, but if it were - I would just take the bus. I lock it up now, but I second guess it. When someone is willing to steal something from me, I assume they are worse off than me, with the occasional cleptomaniac that may not be.

My music player got stolen earlier this year. I was pissed off at that because the person that stole it was not worse off than me, had been intoxicated, and was using my house for his own entertainment, but decided to take even more. That I despise.

I had stolen a bottle of alcohol earlier this year after I had entered a party and said "Who do you know?" I said the name of a person who lived in the house, and he immediately directed me to the door. I was offended. The person I knew quickly came down stairs and said he knew me and my group. The guy began to argue, but then let go and walked away. I attempted to talk to him later that night to encounter a high amount of hostility and anger, which I had no logic conclusion as to why - except, that he may be wanting to get rid of males at the party for a better chance of himself getting with a female.

I decided at that point he had reached a level of his own karma, and I took a bottle of his alcohol.

This may seem childish, ignorant, and foolish - and perhaps it is even hypocritical, but it is how I deal with things. I do not run by ownership, and I do not like the idea of it. The only thing you can "own" is your creativity and your passion - aka, you can only own what you create, inspire, or design. As far as I'm concerned, you are renting everything you buy until you die -unless you made it yourself, and put more of your own time than those absent laborers with whom you will never meet that made your products. I have stolen solar panels from the rail ways and city construction zones because I blatantly disagree with how they operate.

So, Guenn, you are right - the reason I steal (stole) is that I disagree with the thought that one should get angry in such a way, Crimzen, you are correct, and Sprax, so are you, however - I think you are seeing a separate answer to a separate problem.. It is a moral issue and there is no real right or wrong unless you understand the person's point of view.

I can never steal anything with the thought of selling, profiting, or directly hurting (revenge) on an individual. In many cases I am wrong, but in some I have more ground than who I have stolen from. Its a touchy subject.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
i think thats pretty much fair enough
you seem to have at least thought your views on it through and found a place where you are comfortable

I can never steal anything with the thought of selling, profiting, or directly hurting (revenge) on an individual.
This is the biggest point imo and i think its good you're of this mindset

Guenn Eona Nimue

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
15 Avr 2011
Hello IJesusChrist, and all!

“The reason I can casually say I steal things is somewhat hard to relate to...”

Yes, I am having considerable difficulty understanding the concept.

“When I had a car I did not lock my doors, and had my entire $500 sound system stolen. When I found out, I laughed. I put up a note on my window from there on out "Doors unlocked".

Understood, and that is probably the healthiest response to such an event, as opposed to getting all worked up over, what to you, is an irritating but insignificant offence. If that mind set works for you, wonderful! However, it does not seem logical or realistic to me that you would attempt to project, or impose, that line of reasoning onto those around you who may not feel the same way, generally, and use it as a means to justify the repeated commission of inherently malicious acts. I am curious though, how you would have reacted if you had arrived on the scene while the theft was in progress? Would you, recognizing someone of like mind, a “kindred spirit” so to speak, have just laughed and told them to hurry up because you have somewhere to go? Maybe get their number so you can get together later and blow the froth off a cold one? If that is the case, your screen name is indeed apt, but I do not think that is really a plausible scenario. I think, rather, that person would have woken up later in the hospital, wondering what happened and recovering from serious injuries!

“If I buy 500$ worth of stuff from the internet that I didn't make and I didn't design, the only thing they stole was my ability to connect the wires in my car - I DID kind of get mad at that. But 500$? heh.”

Again, if that line of reasoning works for you, wonderful! There are some things, invisible things, that you are not taking into consideration, though, which bear mentioning. When you steal something, you are not only stealing the visible object itself, you are stealing all the time and energy it took for that person (or the person who made a gift of it to them) to save the money to buy it, you are stealing their trust and intentionally causing them discomfort to one degree or another, and you are stealing a dream that someone may have had of using that object (like a car stereo) to brighten what may be an otherwise dreary and depressing life. You are also entering, and deliberately remaining in (what I consider to be), an unhealthy, aggressive and diseased state of mind which, if you persist, some say can even result in a physical disease, or other chronic malady manifesting itself, not to mention the risk of incarceration, and being branded with the modern equivalent of the scarlet letter, "felon".

“I went an entire year without locking up my bike and it was never stolen, but if it were - I would just take the bus. I lock it up now, but I second guess it. When someone is willing to steal something from me, I assume they are worse off than me, with the occasional cleptomaniac that may not be.”

An irrelevant assumption, even if true, and of questionable value (in my opinion, no offence intended) with regard to the topic, but I am very happy that no one stole your bike!

“I had stolen a bottle of alcohol earlier this year after I had entered a party and said "Who do you know?" I said the name of a person who lived in the house, and he immediately directed me to the door. I was offended. The person I knew quickly came down stairs and said he knew me and my group. The guy began to argue, but then let go and walked away. I attempted to talk to him later that night to encounter a high amount of hostility and anger, which I had no logic conclusion as to why - except, that he may be wanting to get rid of males at the party for a better chance of himself getting with a female. I decided at that point he had reached a level of his own karma, and I took a bottle of his alcohol.”

I would be fascinated to read your take on karma and the mechanism of its operation.

“This may seem childish, ignorant, and foolish - and perhaps it is even hypocritical, but it is how I deal with things.”

You, then, are in for a rough ride!

“I do not run by ownership, and I do not like the idea of it. The only thing you can "own" is your creativity and your passion - aka, you can only own what you create, inspire, or design. As far as I'm concerned, you are renting everything you buy until you die -unless you made it yourself, and put more of your own time than those absent laborers with whom you will never meet that made your products.”

That is just fine, I agree with you (to a point) in not liking the idea of ownership, as it almost invariably leads to the unequal distribution of wealth, over consumption and destruction of the environment. But when it comes to possessions, whether people think they own it, or are renting it, or are just using it, they more than likely need the things they have, and anyway, that is a subjective evaluation that every individual must conduct on their own behalf. It is not up to you or I to decide how other people see any aspect of life, even if you think it is the essence of evil, and any attempted “enforcement”, or projection, of your values or ideology onto another person against there will, or without their knowledge, is nothing more than a brutish form of spiritual assault (in my opinion).

“I have stolen solar panels from the rail ways and city construction zones because I blatantly disagree with how they operate.”

I asked in an earlier post if you were a gambler, and, clearly you are! Do you know what system was affected by your intentional disabling of that solar array? I hope it was not the emergency collision alert system, because you could end up being responsible for the deaths of hundreds of people, while at the same time making yourself a target of our dreaded Department of Homeland Security. Even if it was only for lighting, you have made an unsafe area (presumably the reason it was installed) less safe, and are increasing the already high misery index of the taxpayer by having to fork over more money to repair it!

“I can never steal anything with the thought of selling, profiting, or directly hurting (revenge) on an individual. In many cases I am wrong, but in some I have more ground than who I have stolen from. Its a touchy subject.”

The only problem with all of that is....

Not selling something you have stolen in no way diminishes, or mitigates, the harm you have done to another person.
You are profiting, at least indirectly, by the use and enjoyment of that which you have stolen.
You are hurting someone, and just because it is not motivated by revenge, it is no less reprehensible in its effect.

In closing, I, again, am not saying that you are a bad person, and your opinions are actually very close, almost identical, to those of my youngest son, an extreme minimalist since the age of sixteen, but the difference is that he has found other ways to express his discontent with the current state of affairs, ways that have a positive, rather than negative, impact on the community. Just remember.... we are all in this together.

Wishing you well! Guenn
Copy_of_posters_1-37_007.18674752_std.jpg

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Guenn your wisdom is truly a blessing. I won't argue with you in that what I do is not a correct way to live life or rationalize my actions and leave it at that.

. . . I want to say I will not steal again, but I cannot say that in any good faith...

Actually I won't leave it at that. I want to bring you into one more perspective.

I work in two different places, both packed to the brim with interesting things and doodads. Often I have taken them in the past to create art or use them for my hobbies.

Before I take anything, I firstly evaluate how much or often it is used (or in the other case - whether it will sell or not).

The last thing I had taken from my work place had been sitting on a shelf, collecting dust for over 6 months. Other identicle objects are still there (9 months). We are obligated not to throw anything away - for we stand on a "100%" recycled policy. These things were unrecylable, and nobody wanted to buy them... nobody has bought one yet (there are nearly 200 on the shelf). In that case when I took them, I literally did not perceive myself as stealing.

Would you still regaurd this as a bad act of karma?

either way I think you have made your impression on me.

PS the solar panels were needed to measure wind speed and temperature conditions... I made sure they weren't connected to important track mechanisms or lighting. . . That example, I'm not quite sure, it is more a gray area.

PSS - Your last comment - whether or not my perspective on stealing makes a difference; I believe this is a little skewed. When one steals with the intention to profit, gain, and hurt someone, there is a difference from the one who takes with forethought and genuine intent for use & passion into the object. It may not be perceived directly by the one who is stolen from, but the propagation of the actions is echoed in the manner it is put forth - no matter how dim. So I will say this: to steal with malicious intent is worse than stealing with constructive intent.

I do not steal out of anger, contempt, or any general negativity. I have stolen for the bettering of my interests, passions, and identity.

Guenn Eona Nimue

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
15 Avr 2011
Well, I am sorry, IJesusChrist. I did not mean to come on like some preacher ready to kick out a stained glass window, and I am perfectly aware that there are times, or circumstances, when dire need dictates action, and also that there are times when objects of value sit neglected when they could be made use of for this or that purpose. Do not forget that I am 85 years old, and have, without question, made my share of mistakes. During the sixties, for instance, I did my share of “liberating” as we used to call it. Your last post paints a very different picture of you as a more conscientious, sensitive, and caring person than I at first thought, and I do not think your immortal soul is at risk or anything like that, just be careful is all I really meant to say, I suppose. My second oldest son, a good and decent man, made one mistake 35 years ago, and has struggled ever since, emotionally damaged by his incarceration (5 years behind bars), branded as a felon, shunned by employers, and never allowed or given a chance to hold any position of trust.... one mistake. I notice you said in your last post that you sometimes use these "liberated" materials to create works of art. Are there any posted here that I might see?

Looking forward to our next chat! Take care for now, Guenn
Untitled-38_182144747_std.75170123_std.jpg

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4081/475 ... 1a84_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2767/420 ... 05ec_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2452/383 ... 7705_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2563/383 ... d986_b.jpg

I have been waiting to make a lamp out of some of the materials that I have from my work - what they call "Steam punk" nowadays, I guess - It will be made completely out of copper and gas pipeing, valves, and the like. I like working with electricity and art :)

Way off topic by the way.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I was - I find it hard to come up with those images anymore... I was in a very odd place when I was able to make those, but not disturbed.

I get that a lot - my mom shows my paintings off and people usually reply with "He must have a lot of anger".

No, it is just passion. I seek passion and when I feel something that stirs me so much to draw it, it is what comes out. I am not living in those places - I just visit them for inspiration.

HermesTrismegistus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Mai 2010
I where reading this thread with some great attention, because in the past i also did steal a lot from other people, not just because i needed or wanted something, but because i needed it to survive. Around my 18 birth year, i'll also ended up on the streets like Spencer did. I got a bill from a company because i made a mistake, i couldn't pay the bill. So finally a bailiff stole anything i had end i ended up on the streets. And although going trough this period/phase did heard a lot, it also opened some doors which else would never have been opened.

I had to survive and i needed a roof, food etc. So i started to squat houses, did a lot of dumbster diving, but i also visited expensive restaurants, ordered some food and then run away. I also stole from the big corporation, when ever i where in need of it did anything to survive and only did these things, when there where no other solutions. I know that sometimes i did heart people because of this, and it could cause them problems etc etc. I knew exactly what i where doing, my problems became the problems of someone else. But what's wrong with trouble?

Thanks due to trouble which where caused by others, i ended up on the street and found the great opportunity to wake up. Before i where spoiled as hell, i could get anything i wanted and my live was like a dream or huge bubble. But ones i got robbed by a big company which resulted in many debts, my life changed big time. For years i went trough hell, but in the end I am glad this all have happened to me. If I had to go through this again, and also needed to steal and heart others etc, i would directly do it again.

When I look back, I think it was a very fascinating period/fase in my life and I really wouldn't have missed this part. I think troubles are sometimes exactly what we need in life, even when it means we lose everything we got and get suicidal. And hearting others? Wether you like it or not, where doing it all the time. What about the food in the supermarkets, for many of the products they sell many people or animals had to suffer for it... Even the land your standing on, has the price of blood.

What i am trying to say is, we heart each other all the time and there is no escape from it. Only if we are conscious enough of this, at least that's what i try to do, we could do what ever we can to reduce this suffering. We could become vegetarian, or even vegan. We could buy clean, honest and biological or green foods and products and try to atleast to reduce the suffering of humans, animals or nature to a minimum. But when ever i am in need of it and there is no other solutions, then i'll do what ever means is necessary.

IJC may have stolen some bikes and random stuff like laptops, but i think this is always better then stealing a live from a other creatures like cows, pigs etc. And maybe the victim of IJC has learned valuable lesson, which brought some great opportunity's to his victims.

What i am trying to say is, there is no real good or bad. What's good for me, is bad for someone else. This is even the case for the choices i'll make on a daily basis. In the end if something bad happening to you or someone else, it's upon them how they react on it. They could dramatize and stay anger and stressed out forever and ever, but they could also learn that what ever happens in the world around them, they are the ones who decide how much energy they put in it. And if they don't learn this, they will get hit time and time again. And one buetifull day, they will understand this lesson.

All I know is, due to the pain I had to go trough because others stole everything i had(legally) I really learned that I needed nothing to be happy or feel lucky, and became conscious of how much blood, pain and suffering is on our hands without noticing it.... So whenever I see someone begging for some food or money at the side of the street, i'll understand him and give hem at least something i can miss. That's something that many rich people can't say, they just judge anyone who steals or who is begging for his life, without noticing they maybe even are far more worse then the person who is begging or stealing.... I think you first need to see both sides of the coins, and then it all becomes clear.

At leat, that's what i needed to learn....

[youtube]HIPoKGQpkMU[/youtube]

Gr,
Hermes.