Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Ibogaine

????????

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
Dantediv86 a dit:
about the reprogramming of consciousness i found out that i've learned to recall my psychedelic states without using any substance

how?

Roeligan

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
???????? a dit:
Dantediv86 a dit:
about the reprogramming of consciousness i found out that i've learned to recall my psychedelic states without using any substance

how?

I could think of a way to deliberately recall states of consciousness. When on any substance, by repeating a mantra while at the same time repeating a movement for some time this behavior can be linked to the state of consciousness you're in at that moment and by repeating these things at a moment after the trip this state can be recalled (partially).

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
i really just concentrate...it's not easy, but i just focus on the memory, i guess i tend to follow self hypnosis methods, such as regular breathing and relaxation of all limbs and self induced regression....dunno how to explain it it comes so natural
EDIT but is partial, is not full blown back to that state...

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
Is kind of a "mood" one gets into huh? anyway I have yet to experience a major trip so I'll practice this until then :wink:

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
How was it? Can you elaborate on the psychological/spiritual process of Iboga?
Unfortunately I cannot give a spectacular report, because the dose was relatively low. At 10:00 in the morning I took 5 grams, which I first soaked in warm water and then put in a blender. Psychedelic effects were noticeable before the nausea started. First I noticed that I felt quite calm, and that Iboga seemed to have some kind of reassuring quality. In any case, I laid down in bed and observed what seemed like slowly transforming hallucinations. Not like the fast swirling and twirling I've seen on mushrooms and ayahuasca. Neither were the colors that vivid and iridescent, rather soft like an old Disney movie. Indeed the first thing I observed was Jiminy Cricket.

jiminy.jpg

A few other cartoon figures appeared and then I started to think of different family members. At no point was the trip a struggle. I didn't feel disturbed about anything.

But my stomach didn't appreciate all that wood fibre, so after a while I did vomit. Not very pleasant, pieces of wood in your nose...

Perhaps related to my experience of the hallucinations changing slowly, was the feeling that familiar ambient songs seemed to be playing way too fast. I checked my media player to see if something was going wrong, but it all worked fine. So I tried some other music, but after 5 minutes I had the same experience.

After at least an hour of lying down in the dark I stood up and turned on the lights. As I turned on my vaporizer I noticed something moving in the corners of my eyes. As if a disco ball was spinning in my room I saw lights all around me, spinning around me. It took some time before I realized that there really wasn't moving anything in front of the lights or in the room. As I moved my hands about, I noticed a trail of hands, each hand frozen in time. Though pretty meaningless, I enjoyed these acid trails a lot. It made me very curious about higher doses of Iboga. Actually everything I experienced, except for ingesting the stuff and then vomiting some of it out again, made me curious about higher doses of this psychedelic.

Although the closed eye visuals ended after one or two hours (or so it seemed), the open eye visuals lasted until I went to sleep. No problems falling asleep on time, even though Iboga is a long acting psychedelic (24-32 hours).

Next morning (Wednesday) at about 11:00 I took an Amanita extract, but it didn't do anything noticeable.

On Thursday evening, around 20:00, I weighed 6 grams of dried shrooms, and made tea from that. I drank the liquid, and poored new hot water on the shrooms, but didn't drink any of that. The trip was quite intense though, with very impressive hallucinations and lots of funny thoughts. But I felt restless and disturbed about pain in my body, about financial insecurities and other issues for which there seem to be no solutions other than patiently waiting for better times. The trip was over before midnight, so I went to sleep on time again.

And now... I'm going to drink the remainder of that tea I made last night.

burp

twicon

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Mai 2007
good quality iboga can be dramatically better on the trip and the results

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
CaduceusMercurius a dit:

Did you really take iboga, amanita and shrooms on 3 consecutive days? Don't you need some time to process what you've encountered, or where the first two trips too weak to really get you going on that?

Either way, I think we should stress that beginners should not follow this path and should stick to shrooms (low dose) for a couple of times...

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
I liked the Jimmy Cricket reference :D

twicon

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Mai 2007
today i saw my friend who took 3capsules of pure iboga extract and said that he experienced a ''after death... cosmic experience'' and he said he had been given a dose of wisdom from the times the earth was getting fertilized from alien dna... [exact words :bear: ]

thadivine

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
i think im going to try iboga too this vacation.

But what is a good dose? Im looking for more then some visuals, but really an intense trance-state.

grttz

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I could think of a way to deliberately recall states of consciousness. When on any substance, by repeating a mantra while at the same time repeating a movement for some time this behavior can be linked to the state of consciousness you're in at that moment and by repeating these things at a moment after the trip this state can be recalled (partially).

Right...so while peaking you start a mantra while doing some body movements to remember. In a few weeks when you are sober, you repeat those movements and then you remember how it was doing that mantra and movements while loaded ? This doesn't really seem like a viable method at all to me :)

If you are talking just above treshold doses, you may have a point but suggesting to do this while on a really peak experience? How will you not interfere with the content of the journey? Isn't it about letting go, surrendering the ego, give up control etc...

If you want to trip without a substance or try to get back to a trip without using a substance, try holotropic breathwork which seems to be the most reliable means to get to an altered state without the aid of a psychedelic. Veterans describe this state as altered without a doubt but not coming close to 'the real thing'. This breathwork is developed by Stan Grof, someone who has extensive experience treating people using psychedelics until they became illegal and he wrote, 'LSD therapy'. 'Dead, birth and transcedence' and 'the holotropic mind'. ,

LSD is good but not to the point of literally saving lives!

Iboga: Well it seems a few bags of Iboga made it to my desk yesterday (looks at Caduceus) so I'm up soon for a bio essay as well :)

Maybe it helps to readup a bit before making a retard out of yourself here :D

S

smelly

Invité
"Ok here is what I think about the psychedelics and reset :
Have you heard about leary's states of cunscious? the 6th one is called metaprogrammation : the extatic state makes you notice that what you think your personnality is, just doesn't exists, 90% is just a matter of education, events in your life, country you are living in...ect... For example you may think for a long time that you are shy because you think it is a fact . In reality, there are no facts, you can reset and reprogram your personnality with shrooms, cactus, ibogaine...ect... because psychedelics permit you to look back with a total objectivity....see the real 10%, the true part of you, the first and virgin soul... and that is why there is a feeling of rebirth... don't believe you are something, because you are just what you want to be and you can change whenever you want! I think that is why psychedelics makes me be optimistic, now nothing seems impossible... I can rebirth anytime, so it's a kind of most powerfull anti depressiv in the world! peace!

Nooooooo... what you are thinking of was tried in the army with alcoholics and things, they gave them lsd, hoping that when the ego-less state was reached they would be able to program new ideals and morals into the soldiers. this was a faliure, as th majority simply reverted to their original ways. im sure that many people will tell you, after taking lsd you will feel completely changed, as if something has been learnt, yet it soon fades. thiis is NOT the same as Ibogaine.

im no expert on this and am just regurgitating what i have been told, but i think the addiction destroying features of Ibogaine are of course amplified by the introspective state of mind created, but it physicaly does something to the pain receptors in your brain. the same pain receptors that bond with the diamorphine or any other opiate, resulting in addiction. however this is only true for the opiates( i think) this of course ties in with the OD'ing of patients, as it somehow removes all the tolerence, and therefore also addiction. i just wanted to make sure that this idea was put forwards in this conversation.

have a happy whatever it is you do.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
The psychological process, any psychedelic can achieve it, I agree on this. But (correct me if I'm wrong), Ibogaïne is the only one that allows the user not to suffer from any withdrawal symptom

But that does not make it more of a wonder medicine. Psilocybin and LSD both have been reported over and over again, to help people get rid of their chronic addictions. It doesn't really matter then, that Iboga hides withdrawal symptoms imo.

Iboga does seem very promising. On the other hand, it's not without dangers using it. When was the last time someone died of the direct consequence of psilocybin use for example?

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
HeartCore a dit:
But that does not make it more of a wonder medicine. Psilocybin and LSD both have been reported over and over again, to help people get rid of their chronic addictions. It doesn't really matter then, that Iboga hides withdrawal symptoms imo.

i think the key is the duration of the experience

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^agreed.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Meduzz a dit:
HeartCore a dit:

i think the key is the duration of the experience

I think a greater key is the ignorance on this forum regarding therapeutic use of substances like psilocybin and LSD from the time before the prohibition.

Of course you all are correct in stating Iboga is marvellous.

Its not like NOW we have a wonder medicine for addictions, we found another one that works as good as the classic entheogens but has some unique characteristics.

All at once Iboga is this magical substance that can do stuff that nobody dreamt of. Not true, surely it is special and unique but we aren't even sure yet, it does a better (and safer!) job.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
CaduceusMercurius a dit:
Did you really take iboga, amanita and shrooms on 3 consecutive days?
Well, the thing was, I took four days off from work in the hope of getting rid of some of the tension and pain I was experiencing. Lying down as much as possible was part of this plan, and what better thing to do while lying down than tripping? And vice versa: what better way to make sure you stick to your plan of lying down than getting loaded? So I decided to do three different substances on three consecutive days. Unfortunately the Amanita extract didn't have any effect.

Don't you need some time to process what you've encountered, or were the first two trips too weak to really get you going on that?
I've had some very strong trips in the past, which did not give me the impression that I had to seriously process what I encountered. I don't really encounter difficult new things during trips. It's the difficult stuff of everyday life (pollution, war, ignorance, poverty, spam, lies etc., including the complications of my own life) that I have a hard time with...

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
HC, what about the resetting of opiate tollerance after an iboga trip?
there have been overdoses from people falling back in their addiction short after the experience, and taking the dose they normally used, which was too much for their resetted bodies.

please give me some sources of information that show the same effects with psilocybin/LSD/...

i know there have been people getting rid of addictions using LSD/psilocybin, but the resetting of tolerance remains a riddle to me. my little voice tells me it's probably the duration. if resetting tolerance is a process that needs some time, this riddle is pretty much solved. but i have no knowledge about the mechanism...

Alkoloidian

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
29 Mai 2007
yeh i just got some root bark straight from the bwiti cult and had only 3g and was trippin balls......in a good meaning of life way!

MAKE IT LEGAL!!!!
MAKE IT CHEAPER!!!!!
SAVE LIVES!!!!!!!

JosVU

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Juin 2006