How to prevent people you know from abusing psychedelics?

• Auteur de la discussion Auteur de la discussion Forkbender
  • Date de début Date de début
restin a dit:
Psychedelics may have a funny side to them, they have a more serious side as well.
If you go into a trip with the intention to just have fun, you may not know how to deal with the not so unpleasant stuff.

My feeling is that if you want to take psychedelics you need to prepare to deal with the positive as well as the negative aspects of the trip.
I very much agree that set and setting is always important - which includes a good preparation. But you can also prepare yourself to trip on a party etc. so that's no contradiction.

It depends on the type of person you are and what type of party it is you're going to trip at.
For me personally psychedelics are not a party drugs.

For me personally psychedelics are not a party drugs.

Hehehe, i can't imagine myself using it entheogens again, as a party-drug. I would already feel sorry from of the moment i would have ingested it. I ones did it for fun on a party, but fuck that was a hell of a time.... :D

magickmumu a dit:
Waiting in line for 12 hours. What's up with that. :roll: :?:

I know.

There was a problem with the computers. You will never see problems like that on a German Festival.

Hehehe, i can't imagine myself using it entheogens again, as a party-drug. I would already feel sorry from of the moment i would have ingested it. I ones did it for fun on a party, but fuck that was a hell of a time.... Very Happy
Me neither. But it seems that there are several people that are comfortable with it...

Fork: You could print the rules of set and setting onto the blotter :lol: Seriously, if people don't research before they take (I can't imagine myself doing that, I check 100 homepages before I try) a drug you simply cannot help them.

Another point why I do not like to trip at party's is that I don't like crowds.

And something that always seems to happen to me when I am at a party. Dumb or/and drunk people come up to me and start talking to me.
I don't want to deal with stupid people while tripping. :lol:

I think the only effective way to do it is to be a reasonable user yourself, and to make their whole "education" about psychoactives right from the start, hoping that they'll keep up to your good example.

That's what I did for a whole bunch of my friends, and I'm happy to say that no one had any major issues with drugs (actually, the only thing I don't like about them is that they tend to smoke lots of weed, which I don't do. But hey, as long as it doesn't destroy their professional and personal lives, who am I to judge them?).

Give them a huge dose and let them figure that shit out themselves

I guess the only way this would ever work is if, by yourself you obtain the inner peace and obtain the wisdom that comes with psychedelics and then make the relevant changes to your own life. Presuming your friends see this, they may become inquizitive?

I find once you obtain that inner peace and wisdom it is very noticable to your friends next time you trip with them. The orientation of the trip has changed, You have discoverd an awakening and plan to share this becuase you are no longer blinded by social normality and propaganda that we have all been subjected to since birth. You think outside the box, acknowledge some negative aspects of man, talk of some way out stuff and bring people to conclusions allowing thier minds to expand. I guess this is when people go one of 2 ways? They either get freaked out or they recognize what you are saying and the process of awakening begins.

So I guess I am saying, If you want respect in what you think or believe in. Then you must believe in what you say and demonstrate at every turn how it benefits you and how other people could benefit from this approach of awareness.

So I guess I am saying, If you want respect in what you think or believe in. Then you must believe in what you say and demonstrate at every turn how it benefits you and how other people could benefit from this approach of awareness.

:finga:

Retour