Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

how do you all feel post anti-climax '2012'?

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
Updated consiousness?
You must be joking.
How can you say such a thing.

This is nonsense. Why can people not accept this whole 2012 hype was nonsense because NOTHING HAPPENED.

I think that the psychedelic community does not need this nonsense. This sort of stuff damages the psychedelic community. The psychedelic community does not need a timewave. It does not need someone like Pinchback who sells lies and new age nonsense. It does not need people who are obsessed with alien reptilians and conspiracy.

What is needed is clear and logical thinking people. People who speak about psychedelics without going on about the super natural. People who show that psychedelic does not mean crazy or freaked out.

. The psychedelic community does not need a guru. The psychedelics themselves are the teachers. Listen to the plants themselves. Listen to the message of the psychedelics. Do not listen or believe those charlatans.

Deeps

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
19 Sept 2012
The 2012 End is the beginning of a new calendar leading to the end again and again , don't forget we are in the infinity loop, dudes !

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
Deeps a dit:
The 2012 End is the beginning of a new calendar leading to the end again and again , don't forget we are in the infinity loop, dudes !

This is such nonsense. Everyday and every second is the end of a new beginning and again and again.
It, s a stupid pointless empty statement that say,s absolutly nothing about 2012.
This sort of talk gives me a headache.

2012 is nonsense just like the predictions of nosteredamus and
Other fortune tellers.
Do we realy need fortune tellers

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
i am riding this wave u guys!
u can too! all u have to do is let it in. i honestly believe the change is dormant inside you who is reading this right now. drop all skepticism and fear.

2012 predicted a "seeing"

apocalypse means "lifting a veil"

its not out there u guys. its within you

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
Illegalsmile a dit:
i am riding this wave u guys!
u can too! all u have to do is let it in. i honestly believe the change is dormant inside you who is reading this right now. drop all skepticism and fear.

2012 predicted a "seeing"

apocalypse means "lifting a veil"

its not out there u guys. its within you

This is another pointless statement.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
Illegalsmile a dit:

So you posted a link.
Let, s cut the crap. Do you have anything meaningful to say about 2012.

I get that you point to the spiritual and to consciousness expansion, but what is the connection to 2012.
In other words what makes 2012 special.
Why is 2012 different from any other year.

I personally think 2012 was not different from any other year.

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
In a way u are right dude, time doesn't exist. In other words, its the same play, different costumes.

still that doesn't give us an excuse to avoid responsibility for our own situation.

u are also right that we don't need fortune tellers, preachers, or anybody else to help us find "god" but our selves.

ive been riding this wave since 08 and im living in a beautiful world with no boundaries my dude. if any of you are in a different place then that is because that's what you decided to see

peace

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
Illegalsmile a dit:
In a way u are right dude, time doesn't exist. In other words, its the same play, different costumes.

still that doesn't give us an excuse to avoid responsibility for our own situation.

u are also right that we don't need fortune tellers, preachers, or anybody else to help us find "god" but our selves.

ive been riding this wave since 08 and im living in a beautiful world with no boundaries my dude. if any of you are in a different place then that is because that's what you decided to see

peace

And how does this say anything about the year 2012?

Let me restate my question to you.
Why is 2012 more special then other years? What happened in 2012?
Please stop all the semi spiritual talk and try to give a straight answer.

I am not against spirituality or riding waves. My problem is that i do not see what this year 2012 has anything to do with spirituality. Why is 2012 more spiritual than other years?

L

Larry_Golade

Invité
Because half-mythical brown folks apparently thought that it would be a special year and they had some pretty cool designs. Also our era reeks of apocalypse, nuclear extinction and shit.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
Larry_Golade a dit:
Because half-mythical brown folks apparently thought that it would be a special year and they had some pretty cool designs. Also our era reeks of apocalypse, nuclear extinction and shit.

The question is not where the 2012 story comes from.

Point is that different people predicted that something was going to happen on this specific date. Some said it would be the end of the world. Others said it was the birth of something new. Some said it would be the return of something. All these people from the new age and also the psychedelic people predicted something was going to happen on this specific date.

My simple question is: what happened?
Why is this date special? Where is the change all these people predicted.

For me 2012 was a year just like any other year. I saw no world wide awakening no apocolypse. No return of a old maya god. No second comming of jezus. NOTHING.
If you think there was something that happened on this date, what is it?

L

Larry_Golade

Invité
I did suggest an answer to your question: whether pandemia or the second coming or the collapse of capitalism or whatever you can come up with, there's a shared feeling that doom or change is upon us. Some academics reported that the Mayan calendar ended in 2012 and for some reason people bought into it. Nothing happened, but few things feel worse than being wrong, so those who really believed that something BIG would happen on December 21 just traded their former creed with one that states that it was all a 'within' thing. Mind you, if you take away the hippie jargon, it does seem that humanity has been reaching some critical point for quite some time and will continue to do so in the near future. But trying to pinpoint the exact date of 'change' ? Meh...

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
People have predicted change on this specific date 21 dec 2012. So my question is what change? What happened 21 dec 2012?
And why can, t the people who predicted something was going to happen just admit that nothing happened? Why can, t people not admit that they where full of the well known substance.

I believe that all this 2012 talk was a bunch of nonsense. I do not believe we need this sort of shit.

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
i think people were relying too much on their science with trying to pinpoint a date. like i said i first became aware of this stuff in 08, and some people still haven't even heard about it in 2014

if u want objective proof having to do with this date, look up the age of aquarius, project looking glass, spirit science, kymatica. there is lots of astrological stuff to help u understand better if u feel that helps. from what i get, we are getting closer and closer to the center of our galaxy which is our spiritual and physical "home", therefore better "reception". to me, arguing over whether this is scientifically proven is pointless to me because its not about whether its "real" or not, its about what the story teaches. we go through big phases of "falling asleep" and "waking up" in consciousness. i never looked more into it because i have been so busy with other things but i believe it is true. and 2012 is just the beginning of it.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
Illegalsmile a dit:
i think people were relying too much on their science with trying to pinpoint a date. like i said i first became aware of this stuff in 08, and some people still haven't even heard about it in 2014

if u want objective proof having to do with this date, look up the age of aquarius, project looking glass, spirit science, kymatica. there is lots of astrological stuff to help u understand better if u feel that helps. from what i get, we are getting closer and closer to the center of our galaxy which is our spiritual and physical "home", therefore better "reception". to me, arguing over whether this is scientifically proven is pointless to me because its not about whether its "real" or not, its about what the story teaches. we go through big phases of "falling asleep" and "waking up" in consciousness. i never looked more into it because i have been so busy with other things but i believe it is true. and 2012 is just the beginning of it.

Sorry man but i think you talk a lot of nonsense. You do not give a straight answer to my questions.
It is typical that people tend to hide behind pseudo spirituality when asked a straight question.

I am not some kind of nitwit who does not know about spirituality. I have been looking into spirituality for more than 15 years.

You claim some kind of spiritual superiority, as if you know more than others. However you have nothing to back it up.
Your retoric is the following: because i say so.

Why was 2012 more special? Because you say it is? Because people say it is.

I think all this shit about 2012 has nothing to do with true spirituality. I think what you are talking about has nothing to do with true spirituality. It, s pseudo spirituality and pseudo science. 2012 was just a year like any other year if you aks me.

Please try to give a straight answer and stop hidding behind pseudo spirituality and pseudo science.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
I have a big problem with people who say something is true not because of any logical reasons, but because they say it is.
Everybody is free to believe whatever he or she wants.
However because you believe something to be true doesn, t make it so.

I believe the moon is made of cheese.

People have been to the moon and back. People know the moon is not made of cheese.
2012 is in the past. NOTHING HAPPENED and still you keep holding on to this 2012 story.

I believe you are holding on to this story because of ego reasons. You can not admit your wrong about 2012 because it hurts your ego.

2012 i believe has nothing to do with spirituality and everything to with the ego of the writers who try to sell us there books.

Psyche101

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Août 2014
“People have predicted change on this specific date 21 dec 2012.”

Really? Who are these people? Can you give specific examples of people who “predicted change” on 21/12/2012?

There are several different people and ideas/theories that relate to the 2012 date, but I don't think it is accurate to say of any of them that they “predicted change” on this date.

The best known of the various 2012 proponents among psychonauts is Terence Mckenna. For Mckenna the 2012 date was used as part of a broader theory of time, the “novelty theory”. The main idea of novelty theory is that the complexity of the universe increases as time progresses, and that this process of increasing complexification also accelerates as time progresses. This model of time and evolution asserted by novelty theory suggests that the process of accelerating complexification will eventually become so fast (exponential) that it will converge with infinite complexity and the universal process will then be complete. Mckenna said that human history was the final part of the evolution of complexity, the 2012 singularity is the purpose of history.

It is a minor issue that the process didnt hit its completion point 2 years ago, a much bigger issue by comparison is whether the overall model is accurate, ie does the universe really become more complex, at an increasing rate, as time progresses? Mckenna made a very detailed, well argued explanation of why that is the case, and it is entirely separate from the issue of the 2012 end-date.

Mckenna was not claiming that "something is going to happen in 2012", that is a misunderstanding of what novelty theory is saying.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
I have read all mckenna, s books and i listend to most of his talks.
You don, t need to explain novelty theory to me. I know what i am talking about.
I have no problem with the idea of the evolution of complexity.
I think the timewave is nonsense.
Mckenna, s timewave is a creative idea, but i think it, s a lot of nonsense.

People like daniel pinchbeck (for example) have been predicting change.
I think it, s a joke that you say people did not predict change in 2012.

Before 2012 a lot of people where talking about it and a lot of people where predicting shit was going to happen at this date.
We all know that nothing happened, but when you ask people like pinchbeck about it, they do not give a straight answer.

I think all this talk about 2012 had to do with sensationalism. People talked about it to make themselves look intressting and spiritual or in the case of writers to sell there books.

You try to deny that there was a 2012 phenomonon. You try to deny that a lot of people talked about it and believed it. I know why you try to deny it. You deny it because it, s 2014 and nothing happened 21 dec 2012.

To come back to Mckenna. His brother Dennis and his ex wife Kat Harrison also talk about psychedelics, however they do not talk about 2012 timewaves machine elves aliens or ufo, s
I think that all this shit about 2012 is typical american sensationalism.
Americans love sensationalism. Watch some hollywood movies and you see what i am talking about.

It may sound like i am trying to bash mckenna. I am not trying to bash the guy. I read al his books and enjoyed listening to his talks.
Mckenna had some interresting things to say. We also must remember that mckenna was like a modern bard who entertaint people with his talks.

I like mckenna as a artist or a entertainer. When it comes to knowledge and information i much more prefere to listen to his brother.

Psyche101

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Août 2014
Pinchbeck also never predicted that anything would "change in 2012", he just jumped on the bandwagon that Terence Mckenna started. So you are just attacking strawman arguments that noone ever made.

Mckenna's "timewave" theory was strained and artificial, by contrast the "novelty theory" was a very powerful and tightly argued theory.

Finarfin a dit:
It may sound like i am trying to bash mckenna. I am not trying to bash the guy. I read all his books and enjoyed listening to his talks.
Mckenna had some interresting things to say. We also must remember that mckenna was like a modern bard who entertaint people with his talks.

This is irrelevant to what you said before, where you falsely claimed that someone was predicting that something would "change in 2012". Nobody ever made such a claim afaik, including Mckenna. You are "bashing" yourself, by revealing that you have spent years reading Mckenna but you never understood what he was actually saying. That would make me feel really stupid.

Finarfin a dit:
I like mckenna as a artist or a entertainer. When it comes to knowledge and information i much more prefere to listen to his brother.

His brother Dennis never came up with any original material of his own relating to psychedelics or 2012 or whatever, everything Dennis ever said about these issues was simply plagiarised from Terence. Dennis spent his entire career riding his brother's coattails and pretending to be more serious and scientific, when in fact he was just bereft of any originality.

Finarfin a dit:
I have read all mckenna, s books and i listend to most of his talks.

you obviously weren't paying much attention while you were reading/listening if you came away with the idea fixed in your head that Mckenna had predicted that something would "change in 2012". I suggest you go back and read/listen more carefully to what Mckenna was actually saying, to clear up your confusion.

Finarfin a dit:
People like daniel pinchbeck (for example) have been predicting change.
I think it, s a joke that you say people did not predict change in 2012.

You can blindly insist this as much as you like, but you would not be able to substantiate this claim with actual quotes, because it is false. Neither Pinchbeck nor Mckenna (or anyone else afaik) ever predicted that anything would "change in 2012". You have completely misunderstood Mckenna's novelty theory.

If you really believe your own nonsense, try to actually find some quote from Mckenna, Pinchbeck or whoever where they predict that something will change in 2012. You wont be able to find anything because that was never what Mckenna claimed. I pity your ignorance.

Finarfin a dit:
Before 2012 a lot of people where talking about it and a lot of people where predicting shit was going to happen at this date.

Really? Who are these people? Can you give specific examples of people who “predicted shit was going to happen” on 21/12/2012? I somehow doubt it.

Finarfin a dit:
We all know that nothing happened, but when you ask people like pinchbeck about it, they do not give a straight answer.

Nothing happened on that date, and nobody had ever predicted that something was going to happen on this date. You have completely misunderstood what novelty theory was getting at, it was about the evolution of complexity in the universe, not about some "event" that was "predicted to happen in 2012".

Finarfin a dit:
You try to deny that there was a 2012 phenomonon. You try to deny that a lot of people talked about it and believed it. I know why you try to deny it. You deny it because it, s 2014 and nothing happened 21 dec 2012.

Believed what exactly?

You are a victim of your own lack of intelligence, you have drastically misunderstood the whole point of what you call "the 2012 phenomenon". This says a lot about you, but it says nothing about people like Mckenna or Pinchbeck.