Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

how do i kill these stupid aphids on my plant?

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
yeah.. i have a few dozen aphids eating away at my kratom leaves...

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
Had a similar problem with a couple different plants of mine (not Kratom). The best thing I found was to give the plant a good watering, then wait 30 minutes and use a spray bottle to spray on some 50% Isopropyl Alcohol. Make sure you get the undersides of the leaves too, as that is where they lay their eggs. Do this for three or four days in a row, and you should be fine. The Alcohol evaporates quickly enough that the damage to your plant is minimal, and at the same time dries out the aphids.

plantguardian

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Déc 2005
If you can find it at a plant store, you may have to look around a bit, use Neem oil. You put some on a cloth or a q-tip and wipe it all over your plant, both sides of all the leaves... the following day take a dry cloth and wipe off any excess Neem that the plant has not absorbed or that hasn't evaporated and your plant should stay bug free. Neem oil is a natural pesticide that kills aphids and many other creepy-crawlies, it's been around for centuries, originating around India (or somewhere over there) but it's just not too well known in the U.S., although many pot farmers in Europe swear by it. I learned about it on Overgrow.com years ago (they no longer exist, but many folks here are familiar with the site) and the people I've known who have needed and used it all found it to be an effective natural pesticide against aphids, white flies, and other insect pests as well.

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Very true, I use neem oil as well. Very effective but must be used in cycles. That's my problem with Kratom, every time I crush one type of bug, another one seems to make itself known.

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
darkwolfunseen a dit:
Very true, I use neem oil as well. Very effective but must be used in cycles. That's my problem with Kratom, every time I crush one type of bug, another one seems to make itself known.
+1 on that. i found a new type of bug on my plant.. they are white/see through, and about 3-4X the size of the aphids.. found like 7-8 on the plant, but they blend in with the plant really well. found out i have another mouse problem. gunna kill that sucker quick before he eats my cacti again..

Terror

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Jan 2009
Another one which will work for you..

garlic.. yes garlic. Cook some in the oven and place it ontop of the medium (soil). \

otherwise you can get some 'sticky traps" google it.