Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Hi all

Tycho

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
9 Août 2012
Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd stop by here and give myself a quick intro.

I have smoked cannabis for a long time, but I'm here to learn more about the world of psychedelics. I am a firm atheist (and anti-theist), but delving into the world of DMT is someting I would like to do a lot more of. I haven't ever taken it, but I have read a lot about it, the Pineal gland in the brain, and how it all works. As far as "spirituality" goes, to me, there seems to be a lot to explore in the world of DMT.

I am opposed to any religion as I think that it takes people down the complete wrong line of thought, and takes them completely out of touch with reality. People use religion for many reasons, but they "believe" a lot of the time because of some incident that happened to them that they feel has no explanation other than god(s). The big fault here, of course, is that people have these spiritual moments in any religion, as atheists, through meditation (sometimes), or through hallucinogens. With Christianity, that should be as far as the thought goes for any thinking person.

Anyway, I'll stop ranting now :D

Nice to be on here... I've already picked up some valuable information, and I hope that in time I can share my knowledge and experiences with everyone else.

KingLordMaster

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Mar 2012
Welcome :) Hi enjoyed your post, its always good to be analytical and opinionated about these things.

A personal recommendation though, I would suggest that you'd try LSD before DMT.
The reason is, DMT is pretty intense for a first psychedelic experience, and if you where to have a dose of 100 microgrammes of LSD (1 tab, usually) instead of trying DMT first, I believe you will benefit more from DMT if you take it after an LSD experience.
With the dose I've mentioned above, you shouldn't experience any visuals, hallucinations, or physical AND mental discomfort, just a really intellectual and spiritual journey into the depths of your mind.

This should help you feel a lot more at ease for when you decide to try DMT.
Again, some people may disagree with me on this, but this is my opinion.

Welcome to the forums,
Alex

Tycho

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
9 Août 2012
Hey Alex,

Yeah, I was actually planning on doing that. Before I take any DMT I'll build up to it via LSD and a few shrooms.

Thanks for the advice!

KingLordMaster

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Mar 2012
Tycho a dit:
Hey Alex,

Yeah, I was actually planning on doing that. Before I take any DMT I'll build up to it via LSD and a few shrooms.

Thanks for the advice!

My pleasure :)

If you are new to LSD/Shrooms, feel free to ask me any questions you might have about them.

oreya

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Juin 2012
welcome bro,

friendly advice - don't do "isms" , don't be a "ist" , just be you :)

WillyKanguzi

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
13 Août 2012
Hey Tycho, whats goin on, listen...I dont understand you atheists. How can you believe there is no God?
Im not religious (thank Christ for that, haha!) but when I look at the universe, to me it becomes blatantly obvious; of course there's a God
(Divine Creator, Holy Architect, whatever, they're just names). To say that all of this created itself, out of nothing mind you, with the help of no one and NOT belive it to be divine, to me that's insanity. We can all see that everything is based on casue and effect, right, and God is an effect that is its own cause. Its beautiful...
Thoughts please...
-Willy

Tycho

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
9 Août 2012
WillyKanguzi a dit:
Hey Tycho, whats goin on, listen...I dont understand you atheists. How can you believe there is no God?
Im not religious (thank Christ for that, haha!) but when I look at the universe, to me it becomes blatantly obvious; of course there's a God
(Divine Creator, Holy Architect, whatever, they're just names). To say that all of this created itself, out of nothing mind you, with the help of no one and NOT belive it to be divine, to me that's insanity. We can all see that everything is based on casue and effect, right, and God is an effect that is its own cause. Its beautiful...
Thoughts please...
-Willy

Hi Willy,

When I say I'm an "atheist", I mean it in that I don't currently hold a belief in a deity. I think religion institutionalizes and degrades the human soul, and jams it into this tiny and narrow world view, which perpetually cuts people off from reality, or achieving higher states of consciousness. Rather than living their lives expanding their mind and knowledge of reality, religion draws people's minds into a trap. They get stuck in non-thinking loops, and so easily justify things such as genocide, disease or famine as "god's will".

I don't BELIEVE there is NO god, and I do think it's highly likely (almost obvious) that some kind of intelligence was behind everything. I just don't have a belief in any ridiculous, immoral and anti-human gods such as the judeo-christian god. I think it's clear from what we understand of the universe as a species that whatever the truth is, it is far, far greater, more impressive, more ineffable and more mind-blowingly unbelievable than the iron-age, redundant, sexist, racist and backwards morality and values preached by modern religion.

It is clear from people's experiences on various psychedelics that whatever spirituality exists in our world, (or the 4th dimension, or even outside that, or ALL of it) that it is quite positive. I doubt anyone would be given advice to go and commit genocide from drinking some ayahuasca. This makes anything from the old testament redundant, surely. That being said, people are still able to have spiritual and life-changing moments whilst in church, or deep in prayer, or maybe just amongst nature. This is where it gets dangerous though, because people end up jumping straight to religion for answers. People need to learn to always be open to new experiences and information, and shouldn't ground themselves in beliefs that make no sense to begin with. It belittles life and destroys the soul.

So I guess I believe in some kind of grand architect, whatever that may be. However, I don't expect to ever understand it. I will be doing my best to though!

I am absolutely open to any and all evidence related to this area of discussion, and honestly I see myself dedicating my life to understanding it in a greater depth.

I still haven't yet tried DMT, and I think this may have quite a drastic impact on my world view none the less.

Thanks for your question :)

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
welcome to the board!

Atheist: A-theist. without "theory" (of god). this is to say one is without a preconceived notion of a god. this is of course the most humble way to approach any scenario, which, funny enough is presented as a virtue in the bible.

labeling things simply limits ones ability to interact and fully experience or understand it. why try to conceive of the inconceivable?

Ouroboros

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
1 Déc 2010
Isn't that agnostic ?

Tycho

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
9 Août 2012
ophiuchus a dit:
welcome to the board!

Atheist: A-theist. without "theory" (of god). this is to say one is without a preconceived notion of a god. this is of course the most humble way to approach any scenario, which, funny enough is presented as a virtue in the bible.

labeling things simply limits ones ability to interact and fully experience or understand it. why try to conceive of the inconceivable?

That's exactly right, summed it up better than I did in a few sentences.

Ouroboros - Agnostics believe that the answer is unknowable. I think agnosticism just unnecessarily divides people into further categories. If someone is an agnostic, then by definition they're an atheist, because they don't hold a belief in a deity.

I also think (and hope) the atheist movement can pull any spiritual and higher consciousness public debate away from being monopolized by religion.

PS. Sorry everyone, I didn't mean for this thread to become an ideological discussion, but I can't help myself sometimes :)