Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Heavier Dose?

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Hey everybody.

Got a question for the more experienced mushroom users. I have tripped on shrooms about ten times now and had good experiences every single time. The experiences started out as fun and interesting, developed to be philosophical, then spiritual and even mystical. I used only the doses you get at smartshops (3gr Cubensis), and the last time I even used half that with the lemon juice/blackcurrant juice method described in another post here on the forum. It was what I would call something very mystical and deep. I seem to be getting deeper more easily every time I do shrooms and other substances, like weed (with which I'm getting trippy feelings for the last month or so). Now I'm planning on doing a trip with a bigger dose. I grew an 80 gram Cubensis a while back and it's just waiting for me... Is this a good idea? I am a bit anxious because of the amount and I don't know where it will take me, but on the other hand I'm curious about it. Maybe I should let my curiosity win over time? Are there any of you who have had experiences on high doses of shrooms that were very negative (and not because of the wrong mental or physical preparation)?

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Since I'm going high doses (60-120 grams fresh), I'm never even thinking about recreational doses because they only get me paranoid or half tripping.

I like to be propelled in that world without the option of holding back or to leave one foot in this world. But thats a very personal thing.

It's a known fact that most people who use mushroom, NEVER get to that very special place you get with 60+ grams.

Edit: I've never, ever had a negative exp on high dose. Only one time when I made tea with 70 grams fresh and drank it, the onset was in ten minutes and VERY Intense right away. I needed to lie down and just watch my thoughts for a few minutes just to get used to the intensity, after a few minutes it was all fine and great :)

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
hmmm, I guess I'll try the 80 gram one I have in the fridge...

The reason I'm asking was just because I seem to be getting to what HC calls "that special place" with smaller doses. Guess I'm just lucky... But will I be lucky on a high dose?

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
I wouldn't know fork :p
i`m still waiting to do the heroic dose myself .. about 70 grams fresh
for my feeling this time will come when I find the right place to do it where I can feel at home the best.. and that is not at home with my mum lol
but I think that whatever it brings ... it'll be good
good as in ..deep,learning proces thing stuff like that
since my highest dose till know what 15 gram fresh hawaian which is pretty strong but gets me nowhere near a out of this world experience..

G

Invité
My highest dose was about 45 or 50 grams fresh and that was a combination of tampanensis, cubensis and cyanescens, that was intense but pure recreational and no half inbetween shit. But my growingkit is coming in this week so larger amounts will come.

Shneck

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Nov 2005
High dose can be unexpectedly rough. Especially if all your previous experiences were easy on your mind and more or less positive.
It can be a shaking experience that may shatter all your fundamentals. In any case, I believe in the long run you'll regard it as a true revelation. No comparison to medium doses, kind of a different drug feel.
This way or another, think of really good preparation, better have a sitter not far from you and on alert, and do it with the most respect you can summon.

Good luck and tread steady but careful.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I seem to be getting deeper more easily every time I do shrooms and other substances, like weed (with which I'm getting trippy feelings for the last month or so)

With the weed, I totally agree. When I smoke weed today I only need two draws from a good joint and go into a psychedelic rollercoaster (which means I cannot anymore interact with people but I have to lie on my bed and close my eyes). I have always been sensitive to weed, but it became more over time.

With shrooms not so much. I had a vew trips with high doses, and I also don't like the lower doses anymore (I feel kinda half-here-half-there, or I go into some kind of boring, repetitive mental cycle).

I can say that all of my higher dosed trips did have their frightening moments (some more, some less) but after that they also became the most beautiful and enlightening trips with a lot of insight and clarity.

I can hardly imagine a high-dosed trip without some frightening moments, but these were also the turning points to really mystical in my case. For example on my first one I could not see myself anymore - the room was only lit in moonlight and I could still see that, but not myself - it was frightening because it didn't get better for many minutes. It led to myself thinking that I was caught in an empty spiritual place, some kind of "purgatory" and I would have to stay there forever alone. Later I laid down flat on the floor, started crying and repent all my sins - it felt like my life was over and I'd be in hell forever.
However, when I got back from the peak, this trip turned into the best one I ever had so far. The joy to have my life back again was so overwhelming, it was like being on ecstasy plus having an orgasm at once and it lasted for at least two hours. At the same time I had such mental clarity and gained so much insight into my psyche ("what are the things that harm my karma?" "How can I become a better person" and so on).

I would do it again any time even if I knew I had to go through hell first!

G

Invité
tryptonaut a dit:

And this separates the real psychonauts from the incompatibles

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Just wanted to let you know that I did the 8 gram dried trip just the other day. I'll post a report soon.

BTW It was great! :D

G

Invité
Cool :thumbsup:
I'm really looking forward on reading the report

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I posted a report, but it is not on the site yet...
Anyway, it went really well, was a very insightful trip, more psychological than my other trips (in which I usually tend to forget about this and skip over to the mystical unity with the world). I'll post the link in this topic soon.
Got a question, though: After the trip I had a really bad headache for about 24 hours. It was really stinging and I barely could retain the possitive feeling I had of the trip. It actually prevented me from doing all the things I wanted to do after the trip, which really inspired my creativity. Is this a possible consequence of the higher dose or does it have to do with something else (bad preparation, bad food after the trip, too little hydration during the trip)?

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I'm hearing that for the first time... do you easily get headaches? I'm asking because I hardly get headaches from anything, only from two litres of really bad red wine ;)

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
It was my second headache in about 6 years. The first one was a mild headache after my last trip... Strange huh?

Siq

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Fev 2006
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
tryptonaut a dit:

Yeah .. I do feel incompatible. With my highest dose of .. half a dose Cubensis, 15/17 grams a fresh Mexican. Sure that was recreational, but at times I thought it was quite heavy allready. I felt I constantly had to do something .. like it was up to me to make the world go round (whilst thing went around and around and around ..)

So I don't think I'd be able to wade through a high/heroic dose. Part of me is like "damn, no .. you would be able to cope with the intensity" while the other half says "just let go, slip through .. turn on, tune in and drop out".

I think it would be good for me to have it once .. but then in a good meditative setting.

G

Invité
Siq a dit:
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
tryptonaut a dit:

Yeah .. I do feel incompatible. With my highest dose of .. half a dose Cubensis, 15/17 grams a fresh Mexican. Sure that was recreational, but at times I thought it was quite heavy allready. I felt I constantly had to do something .. like it was up to me to make the world go round (whilst thing went around and around and around ..)

So I don't think I'd be able to wade through a high/heroic dose. Part of me is like "damn, no .. you would be able to cope with the intensity" while the other half says "just let go, slip through .. turn on, tune in and drop out".

I think it would be good for me to have it once .. but then in a good meditative setting.

I don't think you're an incompatible, maybe you just need an easier mindstate and maybe just graduately build up. My first 7 trips we're just recreationally dosed, so no more then 40 grams, but what a recreational dose is for me might be a heavy dose for you. So it's not about how much you take, it's more of how heavy the experience is.

Although I must say I found it easier to relax on higher doses then on lower ones. My last trip was an 800 mics acid trip (on a party) but I could totally handle it. Although I was stuck on the dancefloor because every signal came in as a vibration (so I could only see shapes and figures and the more I tried to get out the more I got stuck).

Ok I have to make a note: This was at a squat party where many of my friends we're and I always come there and feel at home, so it wasn't just any party...

The main thing is that you experience the mushroom in it's full glory and learn something from it. And that has absolutely nothing to do with the dose (although a higher dosage can show you more...)

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
There's also the possible reason that on a higher dose, your ego doesn't get in the way as much as on a lower dose. This is described in the Dutch "alles over paddos" (i think) where the author talks about this Danish guy eating 400 grams of kaalkopjes to trip and never had a bad one. Then again, you probably need a looooooooong time reintegrate after such a big one.

G

Invité
Holy smokes, 400 friggin' grams of shrooms! Man that's insane...

What is it with these Danish people anyway? A friend of mine is Danish and everytime he trips on acid he takes the max. (1200 mics) dosage.
Maybe there just like wooly mammoths and need a lot of the drug of choice to feel anything :mrgreen:

Siq

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Fev 2006
Yeah, I think I'll go for a 'full single dose' which is 35 grams of fresh ones .. but I'll have to mentally prepare myself for that. And maybe quit smoking grass a while before it, to make me more able to fucos right and don't be distracted by the things that pop into my head (or interpretation on emptyness, or whatever) that I have in the days after smoking a lot ..

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
where the author talks about this Danish guy eating 400 grams of kaalkopjes to trip and never had a bad one.

Wow, I guess I wouldn't remember anything from such a trip. The most I did was 14 full sized shrooms (I couldn't weigh them but I guess it was between 8 and 10g dried) and I already blacked out for almost 2 hours. Afterwards it still was extreme though (it was my first really heavy trip that I mentioned above).

How can you even eat that much shrooms? I was hardly able to get down the 14 shrooms and almost had to throw up later on...