Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Guy on psilo jumps out of his window in The Hague

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
GOD a dit:
Whats the percentage of people who harm themselves on mushrooms compaired to the percentage of people who drink alc that harm themselves , or to car acidents and car drivers ? A sensible risk list after making reliable studys into all acidents / harm would be good .

That's exactly what what came to my mind immediately after I read this!
We recently had a case here where a 17 year old jumped from a bridge into the river at night and drowned. All they can say is he was a good student, he had a girlfriend, and he didn't seem suicidal at all. Bottom line is he was most probably drunk and jumped because he thought it would be fun or something.
People just accept that and say "well, you should drink responsibly and not do crazy stuff when you're drunk!" But nobody wants to ban alcohol because of it.

MindAstronaut

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
10 Juin 2006
I experienced something similair a little while ago, i got me in a wheelchair by that..

It went something like this, me and my friends where planning to do an lsd trip the forest, so we dropt out ( i had about 600 mics ) in this so called forest "Kaapse Bossen"

It went all nice and smooth untill we stumbled on a Watch Tower that was about aprox 30 mtrs high, what happend after that i really dont know.

According to my friends and eyewithnesses once up there i just walked to the railing and step over it, a little tree saved my life by breaking my fall.

All i know that it wasnt a panic attack or a suicidal thought or state.
I fucking Love life even know more then ever, all i know is that on Psychedelics you just dont realize that your on a 30 meter high building and that falling down could be dangerous, your dealling with totally other stuff at moment like a Ego death or you realized some addictions ect ect..

Im short in time, i might finich this later..

Peace yall..

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
holy shit dude.

ApostasyProphet

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
12 Fev 2008
"If he thought he could fly, why didn't he take off from the ground first? We lost another moron! I think I just felt the world get lighter!"

-Bill Hicks.

zezt

Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
You hear it every year here. The hot weather eventually arrives, and then you hear of youths who have jumped into some water, a pond, etcetc, and drowned, because they didn't realize the 'dangers'.

Now. What do we do? ban all open ponds, lakes, etc? No, of course not. Too absurd. All we can do is try and tell youth we know the dnagers. Some ARE told and still do it. You cannot ban wild.

It is rare.

Same with psychedelics. There is so much information about the vital importance of good set&setting for a Tryp. But maybe we will always have people who missed it, or just don't think it applies for them. But banning psychedelics is as absurd as banning wild nature!

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I can see why people jump out of windows on mushrooms. I have been there, but there is a certain amount of responsibility one must have before consuming these substances. People do not realize the power of these substances to change ones mind, and do not respect it as much as it should be respected. My first bit of advice would be not to trip somewhere where you can jump out of a window. Some mushroom experiences can get intense were you are not fully consious of what you are doing, hense to sucidial tendicies. There are no worries about jumping out of windows when you are a few miles into the wilderness. :D

PEACE & LOVE

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
It was my first acid trip with a friend and his cousin at that cousins home (3rd floor, big windows) and we had opened a window because the weather was very very nice. And after the peak we decided to go outside and take a walk but we were lost in what to take with us and where the key was and who's taking a back pack,.... Suddenly the cousin said "fuck it, I'll just go outside and smoke a cigarette" and he puts on his sweater and walks towards the window and I stopped him. I didn't know if he was going to jump or just close the window, and neither did he...

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Men I am so happy to hear from you again Mindastronaut!!! Entheonaut told me a little about it. I think it's brave that you tell about this now.

There are a lot of young people think they all understand but they don't know much. Under the influence of mushrooms and dmt I had some scary moments but luckily something tells me everytime to just stay and lay down so I can't harm myself. I had scary moments even when I was prepared, have experience and are a stable person with a great life. Maybe this was the short line between great trips after all or a terrible accident.

Most of the time I trip alone but it's best to have a sitter for everyone. When you are on high doses, like mindastronaut said: even when you are not scared. You have no common sense of reality anymore so an accident can happen easily. Certainly never walk around!!! just lay down and stay

The question remains: should the government protect humans against themselves? People are impulsive and abuse drugs all the time! should it be illigal for everyone so they can't hurt themselves. Or should they let it our own responsibillity?

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
The question remains: should the government protect humans against themselves? People are impulsive and abuse drugs all the time! should it be illigal for everyone so they can't hurt themselves. Or should they let it our own responsibillity?

I think that they should make it legal so these people who have accidents like this can be avoided. I think they should set up places where you can go, pay a certain amount of money, and have an experience with an experienced guide(shaman) who also takes their dose. There could also be sober sitters. This way, the consumer cannot harm himself, the government wins because people are more safe and drugs are more pure. Also the substances should not be able to be purchased in stores. Although there is still a possiblity of underground trade, I am sure it would decrease a lot, hence lowering the probality of people doing dumb things on psychoactive substances. Also making it illegal for everyone will do nothing! All it does it push it to the underground. Make substances avaliable for the people is the best option, but it has to be well thought out.

PEACE & LOVE

PEACE & LOVE

mogdonotkd

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Mar 2008

That happend after the governments created the impression that a human who takes drugs is an addict and an addict is an ill man, suffering a desease he cannot cure by himself, not being responsable of it or capable to escape it. Therefor that was the excuse for governments to enter one's private life and decide what is better for him or her without his/her approval. But doing this, making drugs illegal, even the governments are breaking the law. For thousadnds of years, drugs and plants had been seen as an important source of knowledge. There are laws regarding the right of free information for every human being. So, if it applies to media, I wander why wouldn't be the same with other sources of information. The idea is not to take drugs for compsuntion but to know yourself better. And, yes, seeking knowledge may and it must be dangerous, that's why only few are made to obtain it. Many drugs are not recreational...

mogdonotkd

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Mar 2008
And, somehow, the drugs and law situation now is simillar to witchcraft and inquisition a few centuries ago :? :x :roll:

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
MindAstronaut a dit:
I experienced something similair a little while ago, i got me in a wheelchair by that..

It went something like this, me and my friends where planning to do an lsd trip the forest, so we dropt out ( i had about 600 mics ) in this so called forest "Kaapse Bossen"

It went all nice and smooth untill we stumbled on a Watch Tower that was about aprox 30 mtrs high, what happend after that i really dont know.

According to my friends and eyewithnesses once up there i just walked to the railing and step over it, a little tree saved my life by breaking my fall.

All i know that it wasnt a panic attack or a suicidal thought or state.
I fucking Love life even know more then ever, all i know is that on Psychedelics you just dont realize that your on a 30 meter high building and that falling down could be dangerous, your dealling with totally other stuff at moment like a Ego death or you realized some addictions ect ect..

Im short in time, i might finich this later..

Peace yall..

Shit man! That sounds really heavy. Do you have to stay your whole life in a wheelchair, or is it for a period of time?

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Jahvision a dit:

It seems that it does not matter if a government makes it illegal, because the drugs will still be available. I think it would only make this worser if the Netherlands gonna make mushrooms illegal. And it is also hard to inform people how to use the mushrooms, because they have never tripped before, they can't imagine the dangers... It's stays a nasty issue.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
user_1919 wrote:
I think they should set up places where you can go, pay a certain amount of money, and have an experience with an experienced guide(shaman) who also takes their dose. There could also be sober sitters. This way, the consumer cannot harm himself, the government wins because people are more safe and drugs are more pure.
GOD wrote:
Special trip centers , like disney land / a holiday camp with therapists , sitters , medical staff and animaters .
CM thinks:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I forgot the holy whores in my sugestion . ( men and women , hetero and homo )

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Damn Mindastronaut. That's some serious shit you've been through.

Perhaps this sounds weird, but do you still use mind-expanders?

I don't think I even dare to go outside during doing LSD experiences above 400. Let alone be in public in the nature.

I just close all doors and windows and all I need is my bed and headphones.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
CaduceusMercurius a dit:
user_1919 wrote:
I think they should set up places where you can go, pay a certain amount of money, and have an experience with an experienced guide(shaman) who also takes their dose. There could also be sober sitters. This way, the consumer cannot harm himself, the government wins because people are more safe and drugs are more pure.
GOD wrote: [quote:205w25cn]Special trip centers , like disney land / a holiday camp with therapists , sitters , medical staff and animaters .
CM thinks:
[/quote:205w25cn]

There is some sort of center where they have something like this. But it is more a therapeutic center. They also have a website www.degeweideries.nl. I am on a maillinglist, and i am not sure about this. But they gonna move to a new place somewhere in Drente(a region in Holland). There new place will be a farmhouse, which sounds great.

I believe something like you said would be possible. But i think we need to start something like this by our self, the government will never support this. I don't think they would directly stop us, doing this. So it could be worth trying it. I think we need to sit together with some other psychonauts, and see if we can find a solution, and just doing this. I know money would be a problem, so we need to make a great plan and then maybe we can find someone who is willing to support this.

Greets,
Mysticwarror.