Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Greetings fellow Psychonauts!!

restin

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
@ Fork: I've been in a long travel right from Trondheim to Zurich today so I read your post just now.

The way you express yourself (be it in a religion, in a science, in philosophy, in poetry, etc.) is bound to that part of the Truth you identify with.

I totally agree. But try to see what I am saying: I say that in a communicative situation it is important to stick to certain rules or definitions.

example.

"I want to do something Good to the world."

Of course "Good" is very very personal. But the general definition of "good" is

for example

doing something positive according to your moral belief.

But what your moral belief is, is higly subjective. If I may say so, Hitler also thought to make "good" by building KZs. So here I agree with you that

for example

the definition

promoting or enhancing well-being

is very subjective.

But back to religion. By thinking about this again, I agree with you, that the mentioned Magick can be called a religion, if you define it like that. For me,personally, religion includes divinity and not "only" rituals. But yeah, as you said...

I think that Crowley, by calling Thelma "religion" he did it with his typical sense of humor and sarcasm. Crowley himself explored all kinds of religion and despised them. Calling it religion should keep the "followers" at a skeptic level towards their own believe.

I don't know this guy but I find it an interesting explanation.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"god- i dont think you understand Magick at all"

Please explain about magick and what i dont understand . I`m interested .

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
GOD, if you say you don't understand it you probably know more than someone who claims to understand it.

:shock:

Klaatu

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Fev 2008
Psychoid a dit:
If someone finds rituals and magic useful as tools, why shouldn't she use those tools? If the person feels better with religion in her life, then what's the big problem?

If someone finds it useful to repeatedly hit himself in the leg with a long and sharp knife as a tool, why shouldn't he use this tool? If the person feels better with his life after this, then what's the big deal?

Well, I don't see that McAllister's religion harms him/her in any way. If the person decides to believe in something that tells her to leave behind everything she has ever enjoyed and to start cutting herself- well yeah, that's bad (but not really the fault of the religion).

EDIT: Kllaatu... You claim that truth is subjective then say that you have the only truth...

Where?

OK, it seems that I didn't express myself clearly enough, and I apologize.

When I wrote:

Why lie back and close your eyes when you can perform rituals and get much deeper? Why use psychedelics when sensory deprivation is THE RIGHT WAY?

I meant it as a caricatured, sarcasmic version of GOD's post:

But asides from that . Why go the long way round with the esoteric books , kinky uniforms and pseudo ceremonial carnival bullshit when all you have to do is to :-

"Lie on your back close your eyes empty your mind and look for the light within you ?"

So: I'm not saying that "sensory deprivation is THE RIGHT WAY" or that any technique is absolutely, objectively "better" than any other technique, that would be idiotic - neither was I implying that GOD had said anything about psychedelics.

"If someone finds rituals and magic useful as tools, why shouldn't she use those tools?"

Who said they shouldnt . I didnt .

You are the only one who has been agressive .

Well then, maybe I'm not the only one who has written his message so that it gets interpreted incorrectly. All this talk about "forgetting the pseudo religious crap", "reading loads of confused bullshit or filling your head with it", "religion causes more problems than it solves" or "wanking your ego in public" just lead me to think that there is some sort of aggression towards religion, that you were trying to tell that McAllister should drop his religious/philosophical beliefs because lying on the floor with your eyes closed is a better method, and to think the exact words that tryptonaut wrote:

I think God don't like religion, does he? Wink

-
The easyest way is to do nothing , and what i say IS sensory deprivation .

...yeah, and for someone else that might not be the easiest way. Subjectivity. That's what we both just agreed on, I think?

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
I foun this book in a second hand book store : Planetary Magick the hearth of wesern magick by Denning & Phillips.
It claims to be a complete magick system. I don't practise magick myself but I like to read about it.
I don't know if this book is any good. I will give it a read when I have the time.

I don't care if magick is real or not. If it works go for it.

Magick is not without it's dangers.
I have heard a story about a guy from my home town. He got way to deep into magick and combined it with massive LSD and speed taking. People told him to leave magick alone because he was acting strange. He didn't listen and ended up killing two of his family members.

psm

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
magickmumu a dit:
Magick is not without it's dangers.
whatever you let into your own reality will be true. and the way you see it will form its character.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
That's true.

Whether you,re into magick, psychedelics or both you need to take responsibility for you own actions

Klaatu

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Fev 2008
Since this thread has been off-topic for...pretty much all the time, and since my confusion has grown unbearable, I just need to ask...

GOD a dit:
Bigot . Leran to read and dont twist what i say , again .

Again you are projecting your crippled little ego on me again .

I checked all my post on this forum. I have replied to your posts in five topics before this, and the discussion continued in three of them: here, here, here, here and here.

Where have I twisted your words (the sarcasm in the Kaleidoskopedelia topic doesn't count as "twisting your words") or projected my "crippled little ego" on you before?