Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

First time with salvia ruined

xonar

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Avr 2007
First of all, I'd like to tell you what the dosage and type of salvia we had:

We smoked 1/2 gram of 20x "Purple Sticky Salvia" extract on top of a bit of tobacco so it didn't fall down into the bong. This was shared between three people. We couldn't get ahold of any leaves, though I'm thinking about growing a few plants as house plants :P

So here we are, my best friend and another one of my friends. We're sitting in my living room, getting our butane torch and new small bong that we bought for the occation. What is the occation you ask? Well, we wanted to explore the wacky world of Salvinorin A that is!

My best friend and I were really wanting to it right, and meditate and fast before we attempted to visit with Lady Salvia, but the other guy was pretty much just taking it because he wanted to try it. So I take my shirt off, and start meditating. I hear some noise and look up, and the guy is about to take a hit. I'm like wtf! So I grab the bong (which we used dry by the way) and ask him to comply with what we're trying to do. He starts complaining about me being superstitious and that it won't make a difference (which I'm quite convinced that it probobly will make a difference).

So finally I get a minute or two of concentrating in and start taking the first hit. Since I heard that salvia has a mild smoke, I really f***ing ripped it. It took all the strength that I had in me to keep that smoke in. I held it in for about 30seconds without feeling anything. All of the sudden, when I started to release it, "it" hit me. I'll go into the experience when I upload it as "an experience". But the guy freaking got up like 2 minutes later, and started turning on all the lights and looking for food and stuff. Needless to say, my attempts to keep meditating during the high were fruitless. I got distracted permanantly and started laughing a lot.

The purpose of this post wasn't to bore you with a complaint, but to ask you whether or not this actually ruined the trip. I'll post a link to the experience when I'm done writing it, but it was nothing spectacular. We have no intention of smoking it with this person again.

Ilian

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
it was a waste of the salvia, but if you didnt have a bad trip i guess the trip wasnt ruined..
try it again with ur best rfiend only and chances are that you get a way better trip ^^

K

Kihorun

Invité
I am said best friend, and I thank xonar for introducing me to this site. Like he stated, this other person, my boyfriend, did not want to treat the salvia with respect. He treated it like a 'party drug,' which annoyed me greatly and I was not able to enjoy my trip. I hope next time we can be alone with darkness and quiet.

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
I am not an experienced salvia user (have tried it a few times though), but this is what I have to say about it.

First of all, you speak of a ruined trip. But I think you learned from it, so it's not really ruined. Just not what you expected.

If you go into the trip with mixed feelings (or still a bit annoyed), it's not a surprise it doesn't work out the way you want. Especially during the salvia trip, small things can be very confusing. At least that is what I experienced. Even having a quiet sitter around can disturb you and your ability to experience salvia to the fullest. It is safer though.

Make sure you feel relaxed and comfortable with your surroundings, and you will have much better results. That goes for any psychedelic.

edit: oh, and welcome!

Siq

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Fev 2006
Prime need for a good/intense SD experience is a clear mind. So that means no distraction at the moment of experience and preferrably no lingering distractions like things that bother you or remembering important things you need to to. This may more easily be accomplished by; .. yes, meditation. No need to get crosslegged, just empty your mind the way you like.

When I experience SD, I see it's effect (the patterns, the objects, the Salvia-realm, the entities or the future) evolve the void of my mind. This void gets rapidly created by SD in my mind and filled with it's effect. So .. close your eyes, lay back and take off.

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
When you'll feel more confortable with Sally, you'll anyway prefer to smoke the encens alone. Sally helps to reach a very deep inner state in which any outside event/request is saw as an 'intrusion'.
It is NOT a party drug but a truly meditative allie.

Recreative possible use : listening music

patilan420

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Déc 2005
I find the presence of other people at least "disturbing" when I smoke salvia
I do it either alone, either with people whom I trust more than I trust myself.
I remember smoking salwiq in the garden in one vilage,
with not very well known friend,
and there was people in the neighbouring yard, and they was dunk and shouting.. It confused me and first I thought it ruined the expirience, but later I realized, that the expirience was positive after all, because for me Salvia is like dying, and I just realized that I do not want to dyie with drunk people around, that's all.

MindAstronaut

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
10 Juin 2006
My first Salvia experience was also not the way i planned it ( kinda fuck up )
I was the first to try so everbody was watchin my ass, i think there where like 5 people in a room, after it hit me the pipe melted out of the home-made-bong i try'd to pick it up and burned my hands pretty bad :P
Don't know where i was and who all the people in the room where, and that freaked me a bit..

But when i think about that afterwards i sure did have some weird thoughts, so it was not totally fucked up, it was strange but intresting :D