Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

First-time Salvia 5X trip report - thoughts & questions

• Auteur de la discussion zackwolk
  • Date de début
Z

zackwolk

Invité
Hi! This is a trip report for my first experience with Salvia Divinorum, 5x, a couple of days ago. I'm 31 years old, and I had the trip with my girlfriend, same age. I left the trip thorougly intrigued, disoriented, full of questions and stoked to do it again.

I've been smoking cannabis regularly for years, and have always had a healthy interest in psychedelics, consciousness and psychonautism in general. I've experimented with LSD 3 times (one of them on a moonlit tropical beach - amazing), and found the whole nature of the experience to be fantastic and insightful. Since LSD has become increasingly hard to procure, I've turned to Salvia Divinorum, which is legal where I live... I read everything I could about the plant, and was turned on by the fact that it is a shorter trip and a different type of trip than LSD, somewhat more geared to internal insights, which is what I am most interested in.

So, I bought a gram of 5X and a gram of 20X, and decided to start off slowly with the 5X to get the hang of it. We set everything up at my girlfriend's house, in the living room with a nice setting and got into it in a good mood. I also left my notebook's camera filming the scene, which was really useful to reconstruct a few aspects of the trip, and get a better sense of the passage of time. I used my water bong and, in total, I smoked around 1/4 g of 5X, in 4 or 5 bonghits (my bong's bowl is small).

I loaded the first hit on my bong, lit up with an ordinary lighter, and inhaled... took one hit, held it in about 15 seconds, let it out, took a second one; when I was letting the second one out, it started to really sink in. I just had enough time to put my bong down and then I was out... I have to admit I was totally unprepared for how fast this thing acts - I was expecting effects in a couple of minutes, but in a couple of seconds I was already totally out there. I kept my eyes open, and while I still had some type of sense of being in my gf's living room, I was also *somewhere else*.. I felt as if all of my reality was steadily 'splitting up', in vertical slices, with each one of the slices moving like a wave, synchronized to each other... this happened not only to my visual input, but my entire sense of reality, including sound, presence and my body sense, splitting up in slices. I still had a sense of self, though. I could see my gf, who was next to me, splitting, as well as my arm and body. I closed my eyes for a few seconds and the splitting sensation weakened, and I felt my body as if it was 'larger' than it actually was. The splitting was not necessarily an unconformtable feeling per se, but the main thing was that I was totally disoriented because of how fast it came on -- I was somehow conscious that I had taken a Salvia dosage, but this 'splitting reality' felt absolutely indistinguishable from normal reality (much more so than LSD), and I had some anxiety thinking 'can I get back?','what is this place?' and so on, trying to make sense of it - I tried to relax and 'let go', and the anxiety passed... but pretty soon the 'splitting' stopped, I started laughing (and loving it!) and the main part of the that first trip was over.

All of the above paragraph happened in around 2 minutes, according to the film I was recording. The expression on my face in those 2 minutes is incredible... I kept looking around, to my sides and up and down, as if totally lost and seeing things for the first time... the expression on my face was just... empty, vacant. It actually got my girlfriend a little freaked out, she said it looked like 'there wasn't anybody home'... In some level, I actually think I wasn't. A pet theory/hunch is that our face and eye muscles at all times unconsciously reflect our level of awareness of what we are seeing and experiencing, creating our facial expressions and our appearance of 'being there' through this type of feedback... during those 2 minutes I was in salvia-space and experiencing 'somewhere else' inside my head, which wasn't closing the feedback loop to my facial expression... hence that haunting look of emptyness on my face. More trips will be necessary to elaborate on this :)

After I was 'back', from around 3 minutes after the hits to around the 10 minute mark I wasn't tripping anymore, but laughing and managing to talk to my gf about what happened... after I came down from those first 3 minutes, I didn't feel any other effects from Salvia, no afterglow, nothing, just absolutely normal, albeit a bit shaken and disoriented at first.

I spent the 40 minutes or so talking and trying to make sense of it, and then took the second hit on my bowl... I think I didn't do the combustion right (more on that later), so I had something kind of in between... this time I closed my eyes, and after a couple of seconds felt a 'pinching' and 'pulling' sense... the pulling came from the back of my head and a little to the right, and the pinching was as if my body was folding in on itself... I felt the pulling start, intensify... and then let me go, and the whole thing ended. I was not resisting the pulling in anyway, quite the contrary -- I let go and wanted to be 'taken away', but for whatever reason this didn't happen, and I opened my eyes 2 minutes after the hit having a distinct feeling of having something interrupted and no afterglow. I wasn't disoriented this time either.

After another 10 or 15 minutes, I decided to try the third time, taking the third and fourth hits on my bowl... this time I had an experience closer to my first one, with the 'splitting' slices also going on, albeit less intense than the first time... I also kept looking repeatedly at two distinct points in the room (a spot on the wall and a chair), as if there was something special there, as if they had personalities somehow... I somehow got the sense that this tripping reality was 'fleshed out' in the sense that there could be other knowledge, other subjects, other narratives that were there as well, and not just some visually distorted version of our normal reality. I may have forgotten parts of the trip that led me to believe this, and just have been left with the feeling.

Even though I was expecting it, I was still a bit disoriented at first by how fast it came on... this trip also lasted 2 or 3 minutes, and the film shows me in my expression to be a little less empty than the first hit, and, also, no afterglow or any other types of effects.

In both of these hits (the first and the last one), the duration was really short, just 2 or 3 minutes, and I get the feeling that I spent most of this time disoriented, and trying to get a hang on what I was seeing... actually, in both times, when I was starting to get some sense of what was going on was when the trip started fading... I don't know if this is a coincidence or not.

In total, in the three hits I consumed 1/4 of a gram of 5X in around an hour... the bowl on my bong is pretty small, and, looking back, I realize that I didn't do the combustion properly -- I used a normal bic lighter, and only on the start of the first and third hits I kept the flame to the bowl, the other times I just smoked with the embers of the bowl, which probably wasn't hot enough for a large amount of Salvinorin A to vaporize.

All of this happened in more or less an hour... while I can't exactly pin down what I saw/felt, I am definitely intrigued and want to explore more with Salvia - I got a sense of how powerful she can be, and this increases my respect and my curiosity... letting go and seeing where this plant can take you seems to be an incredible experience, especially if approached in the appropriate way.

So, any tips or thoughts on this experience? I will be back home next weekend, and intend to try some more 5X before going on to the 20X... a few questions, if anyone can help:

1) Are these extremely short trips of 2 or 3 minutes common at 5X? From what I'd read, I expected them to last more. I am assuming that this is probably because I didn't do the combustion properly... next time I intend to use butane torch and longer hits to increase metabolization of Salvinorin A.

2) Where is the afterglow? Does it reliably happen, or is this just a consequence of improper combustion?

3) Do you recommend smoking cannabis before taking Salvia hits, or best not to at this stage of experience? I am experienced and comfortable with cannabis, and have the impression that it would 'mellow' some of Salvia's experience... I don't know if this is necessarily good, actually. Does it dull salvia-space? Or enhance it?

4) Any tips for the disorientation that happens when you start tripping? I feel that the disorientation was the major difficulty in properly experiencing the trip -- I see it as the cause of my anxiety at the first trip (much more so than the 'splitting' effect or the fact that you feel yourself in a different reality). I feel that my trips were so short, and that I spent most of that time disoriented instead of observing/learning.

5) Did I take the hits too far apart to achieve good results? 1/4g in more or less an hour... next time I'm thinking of just taking hits one after the other, and when I come back from one (in 2 or 3 minutes), just taking another one, to see if the effects last longer. Should I increase the quantity?

Thats it for now... I really appreciate any comments or thoughts you might have.

.zackwolk

TheBarn

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Juil 2009
good report.

I've had x5 and x20 and the length does change slightly on the strength taken and how you long you hold it in for, I usualy hold it it in until Cant hold anylonger, no smoke comes out and I'm usualy on my way before I exhale. I have used a normal lighter and seem to get good effects, but others have mentioned hi-temp butane lighters get the burn hotter quicker.

I got an afterglow, a warm feeling, of just kinda feeling nice, later that night and for a few days after, guess it was just...a nice feeling. :) I wouldnt put it down to your combustion, guess it effects everyone different.

heard cannabis makes it better, not done that myself, but will be soon :)

just have someone there, got no other help with that.

and take them quicker you get better results, but, just take your time and enjoy the experiance...dont force anything.

Peace

J

JoeEagle

Invité
nice report, TheBarn
i too had this splitting experience.
that was very strange, but after getting over the freakstage, it felt absolutly interesting...
and i was very relaxed and peaceful afterwards.