Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

First breakthrough DMT experience!

bloodbrother778

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Avr 2007
Ok so I finally had a breakthrough DMT experience a couple of weeks ago, still remember it perfectly so I thought I'd write a report which many of you will probably enjoy reading. (It'll have to be on a few posts but it's good I promise!)

Ok so here's the setup, I've smoked DMT many times before since I had my hands on a lot of it, but all of those times turned out to be only threshhold effects, which were cool and give much better visuals than acid but it didn't seem like the bad taste and harsh smoke was worth it. So I had one last dose in my freezer and I decided to eat it with some syrian rue which I ordered off ebay, however the syrian rue never came so I finally decided to go and smoke it. I wanted the perfect setup so I went down by a river and even though a few people were walking around I got tired of waiting and smoked it with a shirt over my head (which wasn't smart but I don't regret it).

So here's the trip: Immediately after breathing two things happened, I got a very intense rushing feeling and at the same time what my eyes were looking at started transforming. The image of the river with woods and the sky looked like a long line that was blending together in colors and constantly changing and moving towards me (if you know what the self transforming machine elves or fractal elves are that's what I was seeing everywhere). This continued for about 20 seconds of "coming up" and the visuals combined with the body buzz seriously made this feel like a roller coaster ride through hyperspace, all I could do was clench up and try to hang on. Once I plateaued all reality started splitting apart. The image of the river and the woods and the sky combined together into a huge pink line, it felt like this line was going through everything including me and reality was splitting apart by it and all that was behind it was white space.

The only sounds that I can remember from the actual trip are strange electronic sounding sounds that were associated with the visuals (sound wasn't a big part of the trip).
Now while all this was happening not a single thought went through my head, I was too busy hanging on and being amazed by everything that I saw. My first thought was "Am I alive?" I realized that I couldn't feel my body at all, I couldn't tell that I was breathing, I was pretty much just my eyes floating around and watching stuff. I looked down at my body and couldnt recognize it because I couldn't feel it and at this point my salvia trip came back to my mind (in which i basically thought nothing existed but a giant face and I was a part of it so it was like my body was sucked into everything else), the trip only came back for a second it was like the DMT made a pit stop there to give my mind a break and then it shot way past that.

Even salvia seems like kid stuff compared to DMT now, and I once freaked out on salvia and was climbing a wall for 20 minutes.
So after looking around and making sure I was ok I took a look at the river/woods/sky line again. At this point it was something I couldn't recognize at all. All I was seeing was intense images of crazy colors everywhere and they were going into me and I felt like I was a part of them. It seriously felt like God came down from the sky and punched me in the face (metaphorically speaking of course). I felt like I was being blasted with infinite information for an eternity. It was all there, everything that exists, everything that you could ever know I saw it, or more like I was a part of it! This was so far beyond ordinary life or death or reality as we know it. It was everything I could ever want. It was the best and worst experience I've ever had, worst just because while it was happening it felt insane and very very intense.

At some point I couldn't handle this anymore and I fell on my back and closed my eyes. All I could see was a big orange three dimensional five sided shape with a cut out middle. I looked at it for a while and opened my eyes again. At this point I was coming down from the trip, I started hearing people talking, somehow I could hear people talk from 50 yards away, but it all sounded like distorted echoes coming towards me. Someone called me on my phone I picked it up and said "I'll call you later I'm tripping" and hung up, when I said that I could hear my own voice echo in my head when I said those words. The grass and trees were waving in and out, stuff was sliding, I was basically getting threshhold effects (or a bit more than that really, when I was coming down). I looked at the ground I was sitting on and put my hand on it, I felt it vibrate and it seemed to get darker and started caving in, but then it stopped, so I got up and walked away still feeling the after effects a bit.

I feel like that was the complete trip I've always been looking for, it was all there. I am a different person after it, I just can't look at reality the same after seeing something like that. I am completely not afraid of death anymore, It feels like not even death can be as intense as that was. I do not think any experience that I will have in the future will ever match up to that. That was IT, I do not even want to do any psychedelics again because I feel like I've gotten everything I could out of it and that there is no purpose in it anymore for me.

Straight up, DMT is not something to fuck around with or to be taken lightly. It is THE most powerful hallucinogen (or any other kind of drug as far as im concerned) on the planet, salvia doesn't even come close to it. If you do not agree with that then you haven't gotten the real DMT experience yet.

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
thats amazing man, i want to try DMT but im not ready for that intense trip yet...seems to intense and to crazy, how much dmt did you take...mg wise? or did u just put some in the bowl and smoke it?

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Straight up, DMT is not something to fuck around with or to be taken lightly. It is THE most powerful hallucinogen (or any other kind of drug as far as im concerned) on the planet, salvia doesn't even come close to it. If you do not agree with that then you haven't gotten the real DMT experience yet.

Nice report!

Interesting to read this since for some people it's the other way around (in as that Salvia brings them much farther than DMT)

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
bloodbrother778 a dit:
At this point it was something I couldn't recognize at all. All I was seeing was intense images of crazy colors everywhere and they were going into me and I felt like I was a part of them. It seriously felt like God came down from the sky and punched me in the face (metaphorically speaking of course). I felt like I was being blasted with infinite information for an eternity. It was all there, everything that exists, everything that you could ever know I saw it, or more like I was a part of it! This was so far beyond ordinary life or death or reality as we know it. It was everything I could ever want. It was the best and worst experience I've ever had, worst just because while it was happening it felt insane and very very intense.

What you describe here has got to be the best feeling in the world... Atleast it is for me. :mrgreen: Good stuff huh? :wink:

DMT has opened a new door of perception for me. 8)

bloodbrother778

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Avr 2007
user_1919 a dit:
thats amazing man, i want to try DMT but im not ready for that intense trip yet...seems to intense and to crazy, how much dmt did you take...mg wise? or did u just put some in the bowl and smoke it?

can't tell the exact mg dosage since it wasn't weighed on a milligram scale, however it was between 50 and 100, probably around 80 mg. smoked it out of a light bulb

Nice report!

Interesting to read this since for some people it's the other way around (in as that Salvia brings them much farther than DMT)

I meant what I said, if you don't think that DMT kicks the shit out of salvia you haven't tripped on DMT for real. I'm not just saying this out of ignorance, I've had many intense salvia trips before and seen many other people have messed up trips. I thought salvia was more powerful until I got the real DMT experience. The only thing that is more powerful about salvia is the sudden onset - it just happens whereas with DMT you have a short coming up period, however that in itself is very intense and feels like a roller coaster ride through hyperspace.

anyway my point is DMT definitely kicks salvia's ass.

What you describe here has got to be the best feeling in the world... Atleast it is for me. Good stuff huh?

DMT has opened a new door of perception for me.

I agree 100%

izmar

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Déc 2004
I agree with heartcore. I've had some very very intense trips with both and I often feel like both experiences can convey the same kind of atmosphere and insights. I think what I support in the other guy's statement (about kicking faeces) is that DMT tends to trigger a visionary, cosmic experience in a lot more users than salvia does. Also, it seems, DMT is a lot more about joy, euphoria, humor, happiness, death, fears, confrontation and common spirituality than salvia.

I think we still need to find out actually how to use salvia, by the way. Smoking the extract is, from what I know, something invented by our culture, who had no more, from what I estimate, than a couple of decades of familiarity with the plant. Chewing the leaves or oral ingestion of certain infusion methods trigger experiences with prolonged pharmacodynamics (building up to the peak lasts over 15 minutes rather than 20 seconds, the peak lasts over 30 minutes rather than 5 minutes, the descend to baseline can take more than an hour, rather than up to 30 minutes).

Oral use of salvia, however, is not as common as Western oral ingestion of DMT with an MAOI. This means that we still need to find out a lot about how to go about with the trance salvia induces and how to reach the maximum potential of this plant.

Did anyone try a big dose of fresh salvia leaves yet? I've tried 8 big leaves and got a ++ experience with very comfortable pharmacodynamics, giving me the time to ease in with the effects. My salvia plant will be ready for experiments with higher doses in a couple of months, I think. Looking forward to trying >15 big fresh leaves, which is supposedly something in the dose range the Mazatecs use.

bloodbrother778

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Avr 2007
HeartCore a dit:
I meant what I said, if you don't think that DMT kicks the shit out of salvia you haven't tripped on DMT for real.

Thats just not true for everybody.

Perhaps you're right, but I definitely know what salvia is and no salvia trip that I've ever had, witnessed, or read about can even come close to what I experienced from DMT. It literally made me a different person. Salvia seems to just give you a weird random trip that you probably won't get much out of, I mean what the hell am I supposed to learn while I'm thinking that I'm a part of a big face?

I don't know maybe I had an overly intense DMT trip somehow, but I feel like that has pushed me to my absolute limit and if it was any more intense my ego would've shattered permanently.

Anyway that's just my opinion as someone who is familliar with both substances, I stand by it as it applies to me.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
BloodBrother, I couldn't agree with you more. I had used ayahuasca many times before smoking salvia and the first few times I tried smoking it, it sort of reminded me of the visuals I get with aya. But at the end of the trip it's like "Wow, that was some weird shit", I'm all clammy and sweaty but nothing great happened. There's never any great revelations or even a positive afterglow; just WTF?

DMT is something special. I don't think it should be mentioned in the same breath as salvia.

Siq

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Fev 2006
Well .. there is a comparison; smoked it's rises and lasts about as long and it's effects are both seemingly 'happening somewhere else'. But the differences are far greater in my opinion.

I've smoked Salvia for about 40 times I estimate in the past year or so and I have bonded quite well to her. I'm about to try, this day, the quid-method, but anyhow .. the intensity of Salvia trips can NOT be compared to the DMT trip I've had. DMT gave this hugely intens rush of energy and love to me that also felt really physical. Salvia however takes me (my mind) away but my body becomes like stone, so still and physically relaxed.

I have not put down a report of my DMT trip because it's mainly indescribable. Let's just say it made me open my heart-chakra and rewarded my for that with the DMT-intensity of Love.

Ohyeah, erm .. one thing; the previsous, first, time there was an elf-like jester sitting besides me and he was like "Relax dude, enjoy the view, just take a look around since it's your introduction, first time". It was a treshold dose so I didn't got a rush or so, just very very nice visuals.
Now this last time, second time, in this really really intense trip .. the elf-like jester was there again and this time after I surrendered to the intense love I got from nine female entities, the elf/jester was like "There, you see?" - with a reassuring grin.
I like the fella :)

bloodbrother778

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Avr 2007
Brewmaster a dit:
BloodBrother, I couldn't agree with you more. I had used ayahuasca many times before smoking salvia and the first few times I tried smoking it, it sort of reminded me of the visuals I get with aya. But at the end of the trip it's like "Wow, that was some weird shit", I'm all clammy and sweaty but nothing great happened. There's never any great revelations or even a positive afterglow; just WTF?

DMT is something special. I don't think it should be mentioned in the same breath as salvia.

Thanks for understanding

and siq, judging by your post you should probably think about quitting drugs

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
*sigs*

Edit:

I just realize, my BIG Salvia experience was on 3/4 gram of 15x so maybe that experience is not really common to compare against :D

Siq

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Fev 2006
bloodbrother778 a dit:
and siq, judging by your post you should probably think about quitting drugs

Why so?

I am not denying it, but why so?

Siq

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Fev 2006
I can't really see how you can judge that by my post, since .. well, it's a slight report of a trip .. that is, quite 'out there'. But nevertheless, you've got a point that I acknowledge. I've allready quit psychedelics, besides this DMT trip.