Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Female curves of the psychedelic trip

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
maybe one who cannot handle the concept of being in a permanently altered and higher consciousness would turn to drugs as a sole method-i dunno, if i misinterpreted any of what you said
Yes, misinterpreted, for I never spoke about drugs as "a sole method". Perhaps we also define "altered state" and "higher consciousness" differently. Altered state means a purposefully triggered intense alteration of consciousness. So intense, it's useless for practical matters (daily chores etc.). Higher consciousness is simply the state of being enlightened about certain matters. One may be in a state of higher consciousness for weeks or months between trips.
but i think that in spiritual expansion, one will learn to move beyond them and not be dependant on a substance-
I think spiritual expansion requires and teaches one to dovetail things, rather than "move beyond" anything.
In modern psychological terms there are different forms of dependency. Co-dependency is seen as a dysfunctional form of dependency, whereas inter-dependency is a characteristic of a person living an integrated social and professional life. A drug addict has a co-dependent relationship with drugs (he can't function without them), whereas the psychonaut or shaman has an inter-dependent relationship with drugs (he can function without them, but when available will gratefully employ them for specific purposes).
the short and sweetness you speak of-or how it seems, correct me if im wrong, seems more like your doing drugs for shits and giggles rather than mind expansion,
I hardly ever giggle during my trips. I plan these experiences for mind expansion, but I want the mind to be expanded, or altered, for a limited time only. I want my mind to return to normal before I start interacting with the world again. The memory of the experience will not hinder me, but the experience itself should end.
why would you want to remain in the limited state we are in now, only to be opened up while on a substance?
I want to be in the limited state I'm now in so I can focus on the limited objects and tasks at hand (traffic, family life, work, study etc.). When all the tasks have been accomplished and I have set aside time for myself I will "do drugs" to immediately trigger the intensely altered state of mind.
It's possible to develop yourself intellectually, emotionally, artistically, physically and in many other ways, without using psychedelics. I don't see why anyone would want to abstain though (aside from legal reasons) in favor of a permanently drug-free state of mind. No matter the "spiritual" reasoning behind it, they're missing out on something.

mountain-girl

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Mai 2008
i wonder though, why woudl you want to limit yourself to a mundane world if you coud be permanently altered? i mean, it just seems to me that there is no point to living in a shallow world if you have the choice to go deeper, i just dont understand at all, and i guess it also raises a question of values-living ni a pysicical plain with family, comforts, posessions ect, vs going further into a metaphyisical consciousness-which would be what one who was constantly and naturally in that state would be.

i guess we do differ there. i beleive we do "more beyond" or expand upon things. whe one learns smoething, they are moving beyond ignorance of that something, as well as expaning upon their knowledge. i think spirituality is the same, and i think as a chil learns to crawl/walk/run they are moving beyond that stage-spirutality seems somehow the same, that now we are crawling, to take a drug is to walk while someone is holding you hands-there is so need for balance becuase you have something to aid you-does that make sense?

dont get me wrong, i love drugs, i think they are a wonderful tool for mind expansion, but i think one could be the most spiritually advanced person, have had the most intense experiences ect and have never done a drug in there life, maybe wer missing out on something

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
i have an 11 day cycle. i first had this pointed out to me by a female friend ive known since i was 16., shes a witch (Wiccan) and notices these things.

i wonder if any of the other boys notice a biorhythmic cycle?

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
seems more like your doing drugs for shits and giggles rather than mind expansion, why would you want to remain in the limited state we are in now, only to be opened up while on a substance? maybe one who cannot handle the concept of being in a permanently altered and higher consciousness would turn to drugs as a sole method-i dunno, if i misinterpreted any of what you said, please crorect me

just offering a slightly perpendicular point of view...

one reason might be the differences in reasons why people do psychedelics.

i don't take psychedelics for spiritual experiences. i grew up religious, had plenty of spiritual experiences when i was a devout believer and am already very aware of that side of myself. if i want a spiritual experience i will walk alone in the woods on a starry night and if i am lucky enough to be far up north i will watch the aurora borealis. i will read then i will close my eyes and meditate until i start seeing through my eyelids. i have had several experiences on psychedelics i would call spiritual (some moreso than others) but i wasn't seeking them.

i take psychedelics because i am genuinely just interested in how my senses work and how i perceive the world. i get creative insights out of them. i find them useful for self-programming on occasion. i get synesthesia. i enjoy creative play on psychedelics. i enjoy the interaction between memory, imagination, sight, sound, etc. i like listening to the rain. i like drumming and hearing voices in the drums. i find the experience genuinely aesthetically beautiful (and that doesn't necessarily mean easy).

and also i kind of respectfully disagree with that last point. i permanently alter my consciousness through new experiences, reading books, learning, exploring, thinking and refining my senses/awareness. if my consciousness were "permanently altered" as it is on a psychedelic drug, it would simply become everyday and mundane. and that's because psychedelics don't automatically make you smarter. you still have to do the thinking and self-analysis on your own, high or sober, altered or not.

i like being sober. i like the places it is only possible to mentally go when you are sober. also, some places are only possible to go with psychedelics (for example, you won't experience synesthesia without them unless you were born that way). life and consciousness has many, many different shades and i appreciate them all

:)