Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Female curves of the psychedelic trip

Mara

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Avr 2008
Welcome girls to the first psychonautica's forum :D

This is the place for all women to chat and gossip about who you think is the cutest forum member. Heh... Ok. If you are reading this, and you have not yet subscribed, I'm inviting you now. I, and I'm sure many other forum members would like to see more female psychonauts, and learn from their experiences.

My first topic will be: the female view of tripping. I know everybody experiences his/her trip differently, but are there any typical female aspects?

I'm very curious to hear about this. I have read many tripreports, and I have done quite a few trips. The only thing I can never relate to is the experience of being the creator/manipulator of the universe on trips. I have never felt like this. I am always overwhelmed with something I call love and it's unifying, but it's like the universe takes me back in it's warm hands, and I'm back at my pure base, and I can look at myself from a different perspective. I can change my own code, but I've never had feelings of control over everything else. I would like to discover if other girls have the same experience.

Love and light,
Mara

mountain-girl

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Mai 2008
completely, i trip-a lot, probably too much, but i always trip with guy friends, and their trips are always quite different than mine. almost every single time ive tripped i see/become/experience mother earth, the goddess, the creatirx, whatever you chose to call her. i always feel her holding me and being-well, a mother, and with her hands everything is united in a beautiful oneness, but i have also felt the creator part of things. one time hippy flipping, my stomach grew and i birthed light-i was one of the most far out trips ive ever had lol.

but theres something im also curious about. so from all the women/girls whaever ive met, vesus the guys, the females seem more in touch with their inner psychonaut, like they dont have to use psychadelics as much. im not being sexists, i know this is a blanket statement and all that, but its something ive found and been trying to find out for a while. where i live, "shamanism" is a big thing, inner explorations in encourages, its a nice place to do all that, but ive found women, weather groovy psychonauts or uptight conservative sisters of suburbia, seem to be in touch with the spirit world weather they like it or not. i know many of the latter who can see auras, have a nack for interpreting dreams, seeing the future, super strong intuition, lots of things. ive found that from myself, i can communicate with plants like i do with humans, i can talk to dead poeple sometimes, i can trip on command and have an intuition that is annoyingly strong. ive seen this in lots of other girls, and ive known only girl children to be able to see auras and tap into all that. guys seem to take a different approach, they jump into the most intense possible outlet (drugs) and seem to develope a reliance on it (im only talking about my friends-nt all guys of coarse) but im just wording if there is an initiall difference between the daughters of the earth and her sons? or maybe its just femenine vs masculine energy? i have no idea, but their both beautfiul, just very very different. discuss! haha thanks for the topic. peace

Mara

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Avr 2008
Thank you mountain-girl for you reply. Can't wait to see more women on this forum!

This is a very interesting thought. I too sometimes have the idea male psychonauts have to use psychedelics more often to be in touch with that inner world. But I do think there is a good reason for that. I don't know if it is the same at the environment you live in, but when a guy in this Dutch society tries to explore his inner worlds by doing yoga, meditation or by burning insence, talking about emotions/visions/dreams etc etc, he is quickly considered gay or crazy. Luckily I notice this is getting less and less. Though most of the new-agy magazines are for women in their 40's here. There just isn't as much space for men to evolve like this as there is for women.

I used to have quite a fear for "spiritual" men though. I have dated two guys who were really into all the things you are missing in the men around you. Both of them had a messianic complex, thought they were really special or even God, and they considered me as something beneath their level, which was really an affirmation for me because I felt like I was unworthy to live. Ofcourse I realised this only after the infatuation. Luckily I have managed to work on myself, through psychedelics and talking, and I now have wonderful love, who is both spiritual and realistic.

I use psychedelics whenever I feel ready for it, which is about once in every 3 to 4 months. I am not sure if that is more or less then male psychonauts. What I do notice is that I use a lot less cannabis then most men I see around me. I can't really find a reason to use it more than once every few months or so, while others seem to like it as their daily medicine. Is this a female thing?

Want to type more, but have to paint the staircase in rainbow colours. Hope to see more women soon, and I'm glad to see you mountain-girl! Do you have any friends you could invite?

mountain-girl

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Mai 2008
i think that using herb as a daily thing is just a stage, i went through it for a few years, but it has lasted longer in the guys i know, so maybe, i think, i guess, that it all depends on the individual. i dunno, i was thinking about it, and i think both masculine and femenine have certain types of awareness that are individual to them and that pertain to a more traditional role men and women played-hunters, healers, mothers, lovers ect. GOD made an interesting point that, men, who have typically dealt more with an external world whether it be hunting or buissness have had to deal more with other poeple, gaiing an awareness of the world and others-kinda, and women have been at the home and garden with a stronger awareness of the mother earth and their inner self-maybe? im not really sure. i think the place men and women arrive is the same, like there is a destination point on the jounrey to whatever, englithenment, awareness ect ect but i think the way they get there is different, and maybe its easier for women? or i really dunno

agree about dating spiritual men, or the ones ive dated anyways have had egos the size of china and have been very manipulating and degrading, but i have tonsa friends who are psychonatus and spiritual and theyr beautuful-maybe i was just dating the wrong ones lol

i used to trip way to much, when i was really young lotsa really bad stuff happened to me so i used psychadelics as an escape so i wouldnt have to feel what was going on and i could just hide in another world, but now i only do it like in the moment or on special moons and stuff, but for me like tripping shrooms is like dancing with the mushrooms spirit, not so much being taught a lesson, plant teachers are awesome, but i guess thats just not whre im at maybe? haha idk, but i gotta head on down to work, peace and love everybody

M

MNG

Invité
Hello girls. I just signed up on Psychonaut and I'm relly enjoying your convorsation on unique female experiences.
I'm relatively new to psychadelics,and I find most drugs incredibly interesting. but ive tried salvia 4 times and sadly couldn't locate the divine goddess that i'd been looking forward to meeting. May I ask what forms you may have found her?
I'd like to better introdice myself soon but i'm feeling very exhausted from an acid trip I had yesterday. :wink:
LOVE,

MNG

Mara

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Avr 2008
Hello MNG! Welcome to this forum, I'm very happy to see you here. Tell us who you are! :D How did you find psychonaut.com?

I personally have never tried salvia before. I don't think I'm ready for her. Maybe other girls can enlighten you here?

Rest as much as you need, LSD is a very intensive mind/body experience!

-Mara

mountain-girl

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Mai 2008
heh, well actually, the most goddess oriented plant ive been on is salvia, well this one strain we grew anyways, everyone in the room saw the goddess-men and women, was purdy crazy, but shrooms, iboga, most natural plants will give you that goddess vibe i find. good luck! have fun expimrementing sister!

jungfrau

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
7 Juin 2008
hey....just joined the forum feels great to learn more about fellow female psychonauts and their expierences....

well i have been smoking weed for quite some time and have tripped once on lsd...and it was one of the most amazing expierence,
me and my fiancee' dropped it together it was just the both of us at my place we had set up some good trance chill and full on ..some lights and loads of water,it was my first time so he made sure i feel comfertable and safe with him so we din really invite anyone else...
it was awesome although when we started i felt slightly confused and lost but thanks to him i felt better as he kept comforting me..it was beautiful we were looking at each other and feeling the kind of oneness never felt before..we realise how much we love each other...and care for one another...and after that the music started taking us places and we were just tripping out madly on the music the entire night just passed like within minutes(it felt like that)...and morning both of us went to the terrace and we watched the sunrise it was beautiful i mean sky lookes like a plain canvas and the colours blending in,

it simply was amazing....

boom shankar

Mara

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Avr 2008
Hello jungfrau nice to see you here.

I really enjoy taking psychedelics with my loved one. I always realise how much I love him, but on those moments the love seems to materialise into this binding wave of energy. I also did my first LSD trip with him and he looked like a king lying on his bed. Everything was pretty much a fairytale :)

Jakobien

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
Ha, the appearence of this forum section made me think about female tripping for the first time... so let's see if I can make an contribution.

I think there is an essential general difference between men and women htat has to do with it.
From my point of view, in general women are the multi taskers and guys are the ones that focus. Women tend to have a general interest in lots of things, which results in them 'trying' a lot of new things in their lives but more often than men do, they just stick to that one single time. Men are more likely to dive deeply into a subject or a matter that calls their attention and want to find out everything about it. That kinda 'wanting to know how it works' I consider a typical guy-thing... That's why i think guys are that much more likely to turn into psychonauts and a lotta girls just move on with the next thing that comes up.

I haven't tripped enough to say i've got any specific notion about the female aspects. I think while tripping hard or making a journey like with ayahuasca, you feel closer to your innerself than ever before and although gender is a part of that, to me it seems you go beyond... I feel hundred percent more female in daily life than when i trip, maybe it's even so that more than anything else your environment and your interaction with it make you aware of your gender...

mountain-girl

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Mai 2008
acutually.....
i incredibly disagree. i think it varies individual to individual. i know a lot of girls like the typical men you just discribed and more men like the women you described, i think, i guess that generakizations are usually pointless caus every individual is different-thats my opinion. i think the difference with men and women is maybe one of connection? maybe...women have moon cycles-their body is naturally cycling with the earth which may lead to a different relationship with it? (never been a man so i dont know) and also i was listening to someone talk about this, maybe because mens genetals are outside and exposed where as women's are inside, it had something to do with their relationship with how they interact with things. This lady took it a bit far saying most men, because of that, acted with fear and agression, but who knows.

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
i think the difference with men and women is maybe one of connection? maybe...women have moon cycles-their body is naturally cycling with the earth which may lead to a different relationship with it? (never been a man so i dont know)
I don't believe women have moon cycles. They do have a cycle that roughly resembles that of the Moon, but it's much more variable than the Moon cycle. The two may coincide for a couple of months, but then they will stop matching again. Moreover, men also go through hormonal cycles, and since they have to wake up every morning to go to work, they are also connected to the cycles of the Earth on a day to day basis.
maybe because mens genetals are outside and exposed where as women's are inside, it had something to do with their relationship with how they interact with things.
I don't see how what this would have to do with it. Moreover, a significant part of the female genitals are also outside.
i think it varies individual to individual. i know a lot of girls like the typical men you just discribed and more men like the women you described, i think, i guess that generakizations are usually pointless caus every individual is different-thats my opinion.
No, this is not an individual question. All of us here are wondering why there are so few female psychonauts. There is something in general about women & psychedelics, and generalizations are required to understand why.

When I was a young teenager, I wrote a song lamenting that I couldn't find a girl with the similar interests, or get anyone passionately interested in the things I was discovering (psychology, psychedelics, occultism, spirituality).

A few years later I joined an Indian religion. There were just as many women as there were men, and both had equal opportunities to study (because everyone who joins spends a couple of years as a celibate student), but throughout the years and wherever I went I met several scholarly men, but no scholarly women. I wondered why.

Thinking it had something to do with the patriarchal undertones of that religion, I figured that the ladies might have felt disinclined to study.

A few years later I became interested in psychedelics again. But although the psychedelic movement is in no way patriachal, there are very few women writing books, giving lectures or participating in forums. Most of the more vocal women in the psychedelic movement happen to be "the wife of..." Many male authors of books (Christian Ratch, Stanislav Grof, Albert Hofmann, Rick Strassman, Martin Ball, D.M.Turner, Tim Leary), very few women. All current psychedelic podcasts are hosted by men.

So where are the women?

Well, there's nothing barring a woman from writing a book. Visit any book store, go the New Age or psychology section and you'll see lots of books written by women. But go to the business or politics section, or even the conspiracy theory section, books that have long lists of references in the back, and you'll find that most authors will be male. And I do believe it is indeed a male thing to want to really study matters in depth, "go hunting" for facts, figures, names, dates, citations etc. and get to the bottom of something, to become the master in a certain field.

Being a psychonaut also requires a lot of guts. First of all, you're inevitably going to be an outlaw. But you're not breaking the law for escapism, you're doing it to see your own shadow! Psychedelic experiences are always risky. It takes a lot of courage and openness to change. It takes "intrepid explorers".

In a sense it also requires one to be somewhat of an einzelgänger. First because you've got "secrets", and second because you've got to create some space for yourself to have these experiences and read about them. Who wants to be alone? Well, many men actually do. Perhaps not all alone, but they can handle being by themselves much better than women. Sorry for that overgeneralization, but this is a basic genetic characteristic of all male mammals. Throughout history most hermits have been men.

So, what to do? Well, perhaps there's nothing we should do. If this is the way it is, then this is the way it is. Let everyone do what he or she loves doing.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007

Maybe it's a cultural thing. In they way of upbringing and cultural conditioning.

The west was introduced by the mushroom by a woman, Maria Sabrina.

There are woman psychonauts, maybe not as much as there are man.
But it's about the work they do, isn't it.
Let's honour our sisters. And hope for more female psychonauts.

:heart:

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
The west was introduced by the mushroom by a woman, Maria Sabrina.
I think it was Wasson who introduced the mushroom to the West. Maria didn't write papers or books about the usage of the mushroom. I haven't even come across a citation from her. Ann Shulgin wrote quite a lot though, and like Maria she also engaged directly in the work of healing (through MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for example).

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Around the time Wasson wrote his books, the intellectual world was dominated by men.
Maria could,t read or write, but she introduced Wasson to the mushroom.
She didn't write books, but she wasn't silent.

mountain-girl

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Mai 2008
hey there, i didnt mean to be offensive, i call periods moon cycles-you so tomato i say tomoto-but even so, my period religiously comes on the new moon-just to let ya know lol

God said that maybe there arent as many women becuase women dont jump to the comp to tell about an expreimence they had, which brings up the point of interverted vs extrovertedness. i met a mystic that said that if you have a dream or a journey you are going on or want to happen, to not tell it to others for they will add their vibes to it-lessening the direct power of the idea as you saw it. i know about as many women psychonatus as men, however, i find men are more open about it and use more drugs. i know women-freakin conservative house wives who live in some burb who frerquently hasve psychonatuical experiences-not on drugs, i knew a lady of the discription i just described who said one day she woke up to find she could see auras-she got her eyes checked and had 20-20 vision. ive never seen these kindsa things happening with men unless they have started on drugs and then after a long time, weaned themselves to a natural psychonatuical experience-ive seen that once. the male psychonatus i know are way into drugs, they do ceremonies all the time, they do a lot off drugs, and right now-i completely get that, but there seems a time when one should move beyond that no?

i guess generalizations mainly seem pointless to me since each individual is so different. if you look at the majorety of the conversations on this forum theyr about drugs-not all, but quite a few. maybe the question is more why guys are more attracted to euthonegens?

and again, i was citing someone else abou the exopsed genitals comment-i dont know if i quite beleive in it, but its a plausible theory.

just as an example of the two tho, i work in a herbal medicine place-pretty chill. there was this one guy there who i really like, who on my first day started telling me about his ayahuasca trips and ceremonal drug use-which is cool, and the other guys there also engaged me about drugs-second day i was talking with two of the other guys about hippy flipping. a month or two later, after gaining the confidance of everyone there, i found out that all the women were intense psychonatus aswell-like really intense depp spiritual level psychonatus, most seemed like they could call them selves shamans with what they went through, but most of them were very conservative about the use of the word-where as the men seem to talk about shamans as if theyr a dime a dosen and an easy thing to acheive-this isnt a representative population, but its worth consideration i guess

peace and love peoples

mountain-girl

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Mai 2008
holy shite sorry that was so long lol my bad-i am SO NOT self defensive : :wink:

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
i know women-freakin conservative house wives who live in some burb who frerquently hasve psychonatuical experiences-not on drugs,
We know they are there, we all know they are there, I even mentioned them in my last post: countless women writing books and being very actively engaged in...the New Age scene. To clarify what I mean with New Age: any book on the matter of body & spirit that does not involve the use of entheogens (in the beginnen the New Age / Human Potential Movement involved or in fact came out of the use of LSD, but when LSD became illegal and Indian guru's began preaching their views on the Vedic drugfree path, the New Age scene gradually started downplaying and then rejecting the use of psychedelics too).
If we start using the word psychonaut for any New Age practice out there (even just "waking up from a dream"), then indeed there are many female psychonauts, even many verbal ones writing books or participating on forums.
i knew a lady of the discription i just described who said one day she woke up to find she could see auras-s
Great, she's now one of the priviliged ones who can see auras or feel energies, but these things have nothing to do with spiritual growth or spiritual development.
ive never seen these kindsa things happening with men unless they have started on drugs
You will never ever see aura's on drugs. You will see and understand lots of fantastic things, but you won't see aura's.
and then after a long time, weaned themselves to a natural psychonatuical experience-
By definition a psychonautical experience can be had by everyone (male or female, intuitive or rational) within a couple of minutes. That is the beauty and the glory of these substances. The experiences should be short and sweet, not a permanent state, like the lady who woke up with altered vision / her eyes messed up.
the male psychonatus i know are way into drugs, they do ceremonies all the time, they do a lot off drugs, and right now-i completely get that, but there seems a time when one should move beyond that no?
I don't think so. I believe human beings should regularly do certain drugs, just like we should regularly eat certain foods or do certain exercises.

mountain-girl

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Mai 2008
I don't think so. I believe human beings should regularly do certain drugs, just like we should regularly eat certain foods or do certain exercises.

case in point no?

mountain-girl

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Mai 2008
these things have nothing to do with spiritual growth or spiritual development.

umm, and wondering around on lucy trying to find some meaning is? i like drugs, a lot, i find that they often help solve things that are incredibly hard to unravel on your own-a little help is always nice. but i think the corralation with drugs and psychonatuism is overrated. i dont think poeple preech drug free mind expansion because its trendy-quite the contrary. and i think drugs are wonderful-especially if used the right way, but i think that in spiritual expansion, one will learn to move beyond them and not be dependant on a substance-its mostly just a reflection of yourself anyways. the short and sweetness you speak of-or how it seems, correct me if im wrong, seems more like your doing drugs for shits and giggles rather than mind expansion, why would you want to remain in the limited state we are in now, only to be opened up while on a substance? maybe one who cannot handle the concept of being in a permanently altered and higher consciousness would turn to drugs as a sole method-i dunno, if i misinterpreted any of what you said, please crorect me

and speak for yourself, i have seen auras while tripping