Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

feelings.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
You write that we are driven away of our authentic roots. I think you have a point.
Being to comfortable has made us lose contact with nature (our own nature and nature in general). I think it is good to get out of the comfort zone and to challange ourselfs more.

Demahdi

Banni
Inscrit
23 Avr 2014
The researches of that book are also to be found online. It is not about estimating your death date. It shows how flawed our perception about ourselves and even reality is.
I thought you might be interested in that psychological shizzle ;)
When I asked you when will you die, you were confronted with a question your mind doesn’t fully grasp, right? :)
It even sounds unbelievable to die. We don’t think about it until we are confronted and when you see death coming, your whole perception changes about likely everything.

Love, sharing, caring … isn’t futile at all and that is not what I was trying to say. What I was trying to say isn’t we shouldn’t plan our tomorrow ahead while we are driving on fake emotions. False reality perceptions, …
We have nowhere to go, no purpose to attain, no mission. It’s been taking out of our hands and twisted for other goals to serve. Look at this high tech in war. If we spent all our money in wealth, space missions; we would already live on the moon, had trips to mars…. It doesn’t have to be this way and it never had to be this way. We allowed this to happen for we are all blind and feeling the wrong feelings!
We hide what is deep inside and we hide who we are.

All I loved, cared about dies anyway. And all I stood for is changing abruptly fast and nobody is seeing the seriousness of this all. People who say all is fine and well are just like those in “The Optimism bias” invincible until they confronted with reality themselves.
It’s easy for us to talk about war in Iraq, Syria, Libya in here. But would you talk the same to them when you they point a AK47 in your face and hold a knife to your neck?

Anyway, all this material will be heading far off topic and frankly I don’t want to talk about it anymore.
I don’t feel like being a positivist. I had things to say, I said them and will leave you guys to it.
But let’s talk about this migration again in 2020. And may I add, it has NEVER been like this. Most people whom flee war run to a safe country, went back after the war. This is not the case now.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
Would i talk the same if someone would hold a knife to my neck?
Nobody is holding i knife at my neck at the moment. This is just a scenario you made up. It does not have anything to do with the here and now. 2020 is in the future it does not have anything to do with the here and now.
It is the same with thinking about death. You die when you die.

You write WE do not have a mission. I think you should write I instead of WE.
There are enough people who do feel a purpose and who have goals in life.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
I think that the worldview that everything is futile (let,s call it nihilism or nihilistic worldview) is not constructive worldview. Saying there is no meaning and no purpose does not bring us (me) anything or anywhere. I see it as a road to nowhere. I think it is giving up on life in general.

Demadhi writes we have no mission and he points at how our powers have been taken away.
I see that we do not live in a utopia and we have been manipulated on many levels. However i still see purpose and meaning in life. The fact is that nobody is going to give you meaning and purpose, no leaders no teachers. You have to give meaning to your own life. You have to do it yourself. That,s why i keep pointing at out inner power and inner strenght.

I don,t know if you are familiar with the painter and artist Alex Grey. Alex wrote a book called the mission of art. Demadhi writes there is no mission. I think we all have a choice to pick our own mission. Art can be a mission. Creating and/or putting energy and love into something can be a mission. What is art? Art is putting your blood sweat and tears into your creations. Look at the great works of art and you may see what i mean.

Having a mission is having a direction it is giving meaning and purpose to your life. It is a worldview that is much more constructive then the nihilistic view that everything is futile and there is nothing to do but sit on our ass and watch the wicked world burn.

Demahdi

Banni
Inscrit
23 Avr 2014
I already told you, I am the world’s most terrible describer. I was not making up scenarios, I was trying to show you how fast a reality tunnel can change. We might feel something, but over a second it can change.
A lot of times we hide a vision of reality with a blind spot. We do not recognize it to happen or to be possible until it happens. Is 2020 really the future compared to time in general ? It doesn’t take a clairvoyant to connect our actions (driven by wrong feelings these days) and see how a new political landscape is being formed. If you would name this a mission, you are not involved at all. The only way you are involved is to be expressed on a shelve in a local store.
You can create a lot of missions that will make yourself feel as involved, but I see Plato and his caveman taking shades for reality. Running around in a restricted field and for all they know call these laps of circles freedom.

I am very aware of Alex Grey’s works and I have always felt connected with his works. The life energy, sex, the birth of a child, our connection with the universe, …
I’m happy you reminded me. I was sort of like you, the positivists ... And it is easy to say there “needs to be bad to honour the good”. But there are 2 types of evil in this world. Inevitable and evitable. Thouh blind shades, blind spots and distorted reality tunnel mixes those 2 many times up. And it is easy to play soccer from behind the television and say how the game should be played… until those are handed the ball themselves, they can't say they were involved themselves. Shouting from a distance from a comfortable seat doesn't make one involved.
It is even futile trying to explain what we are up against, but let me tell you, you are not on a mission to do anything about it, you are on a mission causing all this shit to be.
This is hard through the corner, I know, but look at it objectively and you will see how futile it is to do anything.

It is my yoga example all over again: what good does it make to practice yoga if we continue to eat breakfast that is responsible for enslaving human beings, animal abuse, global warming, food deficiencies, …

Have you ever felt what you were doing?

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
You call me a positivist but i do not see myself as such.
You write that caring for each other is futile and i think this is the biggest nonsense. The person you care for (childeren parents) who need your help are happy and gratefull for your care. Your parents also cared for you without there care you would not be alive.
If you don,t want to have a direction and think everything is futile that,s your choice. I think it is not a constructive or caring worldview. I feel it is a road that leads nowhere.

About alex grey if he did not have a mission he would not have made all this great art.
And Alex grey is just one example. There are many people who have a mission and a direction in life.

This message you bring about how everything is futile is an empty message that brings me nothing and leads nowhere and it does not change anything at all.
If everything is futile we would be better of death and why not kill ourselfs?
Or we can create our own mission and put our blood sweat and tears into creating something constructive.
If you think everything is futile and that,s your message it does not matter what you do.
If it does not matter you can still have a mission and you can still have a message. Futile or not it does not matter you still have this choice of where you want to put your energy. So what you say does not change anything because you still have a choice on what you think is important.

If you do not care about other people of about creating something then you have a choice to do nothing and not care for anyone. You have a choice to be alive of to kill yourself. You have all these choices and you decide what direction you want to go. And whatever direction you take that,s your mission. You always have mission whatever you do that,s your mission that,s your direction. Even if you do nothing you do something. So it does not matter if you call me positivist or not it,s just a label.
It does not matter if you say everything is futile, it does not change anything. So i hearded your message but i think your message is futile it does not lead anywhere it,s a dead end. Or not?

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
I think this positive negative discusion is not going anywhere. You keep writing everything is futile and life has no meaning. And i don,t understand why everything has to have a meaning at all.

The flower blooms and does not ask itself why it is a flower or what is the meaning of being a flower.

Artist make beautyfull works of art. Lovers make love. Is it futile? Does it matter? Just enjoy the art enjoy the moment.

You yourself give meaning to life. You decide what you want and where you want to go. You can say it,s futile but this does not change anything to the situation. If you want to be unhappy be unhappy it,s your choice. I don,t want to feel misarable. I want my life to be filled with joy,beauty, and love.

You can say everything is meaningless and futile all day long, it does not change anything. You can say everything has meaning all day long, same thing it does not change anything. All we do is go in circles in this dualistic game of wordplay. It are toughts we make up it are just creations of the mind. When you say nothing has meaning or not what you do is put a label on life. You say life is this.... or i say life is that.....
It does not matter.

It,s all about choices we make. The bad stuff that happens are also choices made by people.

Demahdi

Banni
Inscrit
23 Avr 2014
Will the world stop turning if you did or didn’t care?
Would the world be any different without Alex Grey? Not to insult the great man, just sort of speak. He expressed his experience and bond with life. Doesn’t make life in general different. It is been going on for millennia FinarFin.
There is no involvement at all. We are all left behind with scrapes and inherit the mistakes of others whom are in a safe ivory tower.

I am not trying the bring the message that everything is futile, but on the bigger scale it doesn’t matter what you do, think or say. The agenda is already been set and it doesn’t care about your opinion to suit it, it sets the agenda, it is pre-eminent. unquote Terence.
Either you are a loving, caring, hating, selfish kinda guy, it will not change the general picture that has been going on for millennia.
There is no message, no mission to go up against this. Global warming is already changing our world abruptly and we don’t seem to stop consuming the way we are, now are we? Instead, after the spill in Mexico we go drill oil up in the arctic.

I am not saying our lives or what we do is pointless or meaningless. It has meaning on a specific scale, but humans overestimate themselves. We are blinded by illusions and 99% of us are infected with a distorted view of reality. I myself am infected with it as well. I am only beginning to learn how futile it all is.
If we would just all look at the picture in general and stop hanging on fake images and comfort talks we would all be seeing the same.
But that would be a topic on its own and I am not sure this would be the place to kinda share that stuff. It’s a feeling I get ;)

Demahdi

Banni
Inscrit
23 Avr 2014
Finarfin a dit:
I think this positive negative discusion is not going anywhere. You keep writing everything is futile and life has no meaning. And i don,t understand why everything has to have a meaning at all.

The flower blooms and does not ask itself why it is a flower or what is the meaning of being a flower.

Artist make beautyfull works of art. Lovers make love. Is it futile? Does it matter? Just enjoy the art enjoy the moment.

You yourself give meaning to life. You decide what you want and where you want to go. You can say it,s futile but this does not change anything to the situation. If you want to be unhappy be unhappy it,s your choice. I don,t want to feel misarable. I want my life to be filled with joy,beauty, and love.

You can say everything is meaningless and futile all day long, it does not change anything. You can say everything has meaning all day long, same thing it does not change anything. All we do is go in circles in this dualistic game of wordplay. It are toughts we make up it are just creations of the mind. When you say nothing has meaning or not what you do is put a label on life. You say life is this.... or i say life is that.....
It does not matter.

It,s all about choices we make. The bad stuff that happens are also choices made by people.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
@demadhi i don,t know what it is you are trying to bring accros. What is it you want people to understand? It,s doez not matter if you care or not? Is that your message? What is you message in a nutshell? And what are the implications of your message.

. You ask will the world in general stop turning if i did or did not care, my point is that it,s not about the world in general it,s about your life and the people in your life. You keep going on about the world in general and how bad everything is. I would say focus on your own little world and the problems in it first.
Ask yourself how would the world in general look if nobody cared? How would the world be without artist like alex grey?

I work in healthcare and It,s my profession to care for people who can,t take care of themselves.
So for the patients i care for it,s important that i care.
If you go to a doctor for example you want him to care and to listen don,t you? it,s important maybe not to you, but to most people it is.
Also for childeren growing up it does matter if the mother and father care for them.

What is the world in general?
Isn,t the world in general made up by all out little specific personal worlds?
I want to bring it back to the personal to the self and to the inner feelings.

Is it important to say something nice to somebody? Maybe not, but if it gives them a good feeling it makes me happy.

And why does everything need to be important? Why not enjoy life, life is beautifull be happy.

Demahdi

Banni
Inscrit
23 Avr 2014
First off, thank you for reminding me about so much.
It felt great :). As y’all may observe yourselves, I was not caught in a happy vibration. As I should’ve learned from the past how vibration is everything, all that was needed was to be reminded again. Thank you.
I would hug it out and leave a tear on your shoulder, but let’s not go there, sugarlips. :snakeman:

There was no message, only my observation, my thoughts on matters. I know this is about feelings here, and I think I took an honest approach to get it back there. I wanted to make known people aren’t always feeling what they think they feel.
Jealousy, lust, selfishness are often mistaken for love. We do this because we have a distorted view of reality. Did you ever hear about “realitytunnels” of Robert Anton Wilson?

The world and my world are 2 different places. In my direct surrounding I can create laughter, tears, … But there is a whole other outside world that is affecting me.
I think you live in the Netherlands and I live in Belgium. If you see what roughly 10 km difference can do to a culture, to a political landscape, to the education system, etc, it is hard to adapt to rules you are fully aware of they are “wrong”. Walk around in Brussels and walk around in Amsterdam and you will know what I speak of. The mindset of people is affecting more then it should and their ideology is spreading all over my country. I live in a city where I am outnumbered, where I should respect everything and all around me, but where I am being lead to trial for smoking pot. I don’t have freedom to grow my own pot. After they closed “shengen zones” people were putted aside, vehicles controlled, … I didn’t visit Holland anymore and I honestly miss the vibe. I am faced with repression and it came way too close for all I’m concerned. It feels as if my freedom is violated and soon they will come after freedom of speech.

I am going off topic aren’t I ? :) But these are my feelings coming out after your questions.
It is the world I face and how I feel about it.

Runt

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
4 Nov 2015
Feelings. Didn´t read the whole thread. I feel a bit tired and a bit old. I´m 56 fighting all kind of illnesses and holding down a job with lots of responsibility for others. My depression is in a kinder phase, my OCD isn´t as bad as usual, anxiety is mangeable. I feel love for my family and large shares of humanity. I guess I feel well enough for a bleak and grey Friday at the polar circle :)

Demahdi

Banni
Inscrit
23 Avr 2014
I sense a great distrubrance in the Force.
Heed our souls and children we must, padawans. For dark times coming our way.