Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Evolution? Or are we only getting dumber?

Proteus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Sept 2009
Quark13 a dit:
Haha, indeed these 2 subjects seem to be closely intertwined. Maybe if our consciousness grows sufficiently we will be able to address the population problem etc.

Being more conscious automatically means being able to see and experience the problems of the world on a more profound level (like overpopulation, destruction of keystone species). Sometimes I wonder.. do I and others get more sensitive and receptive for the problems we face or do the problems just get bigger... I think in most cases probably both..
We might be able to address the population problem if we become more conscious of it and its consequences. There are other problems though. Maybe greater consciousness will work for those too but for how long?

As a society becomes larger and more complex its problems become larger and more complex. That's growth.

Tomorrow's problems are seeded by today's solutions. A paradox of growth.

Eventually the problems become so large and complex that there are no solutions
. Growth becomes death.

The universe is in a state of decay – its been fading since its beginning. In fact our growth, life, ultimately accelerates overall entropy! Whatever we do we're always working with decay even though it can seem that we owe our continued existence to working against it.

Odd that.

Psyolopher

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
Bastiaan a dit:
Of course we want more! But how far does this wanting more go for you? To the point that your brothers die over it? To the point that your brothers have a house and warmth and the rest is for you? For me personally, I don't want to have anything if my brother can't have it as well..
What good is any material possesion or satisfying of urges or needs when you are alone.. when the only reason people put up with you is the advantage they get out of it for themselves.. when there's no true connection and when nobody loves one another..
Take it for granted and keep pretending everything is ok and there is no suffering or that we can't help suffering or some other excuse that you make up for yourself
You'll find out some day
Seems some of us have been dead so long they don't know life even exists
It wants me to go in the direction of love and light, If I truly respect the life around me for its differences. Then I'd say thats a healthy direction.
And i dont really know why you said that.
But yes, i like to share all i got with someone.
Instead of locking myself into a strange cage.

its kind of hippie orianted, i Dont know...but this is what I feel is right atm.

Proteus a dit:
Quark13 a dit:
Haha, indeed these 2 subjects seem to be closely intertwined. Maybe if our consciousness grows sufficiently we will be able to address the population problem etc.

Being more conscious automatically means being able to see and experience the problems of the world on a more profound level (like overpopulation, destruction of keystone species). Sometimes I wonder.. do I and others get more sensitive and receptive for the problems we face or do the problems just get bigger... I think in most cases probably both..
We might be able to address the population problem if we become more conscious of it and its consequences. There are other problems though. Maybe greater consciousness will work for those too but for how long?

As a society becomes larger and more complex its problems become larger and more complex. That's growth.

Tomorrow's problems are seeded by today's solutions. A paradox of growth.

Eventually the problems become so large and complex that there are no solutions
. Growth becomes death.

The universe is in a state of decay – its been fading since its beginning. In fact our growth, life, ultimately accelerates overall entropy! Whatever we do we're always working with decay even though it can seem that we owe our continued existence to working against it.

Odd that.
Tomorrows problems are seeded by todays solutions.....
In a cultural way, Creativity kind of breaks that quote.
The moment of creation, instead the moment of some sort of truth and stability.
I happen to like that more! :lol:
But I dont know if it works out for the rest of us, seems as if it fails anyhow...
The political and social structures are bound to fail and die, so new ones come to creation.
What I also like to see, is the acceliration of individual development.
Instead of assuming that we have to be alike so we can work together.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
magickmumu a dit:
I know that movie it's called idiocracy.
I don't believe people are actually getting smarter or dumber.
people have been kept stupid by what I call mind control.
Knowledge has been repressed. Information has been locked away. The world has been turn upside down.
We live in a upside down world. Standing on your head may help you to see this.
psychedelics may help you to see this.
:D
Idiocracy
8)

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Fortunately I have Idiocracy in my dvd collection. On the back cover it reads (in Dutch) . The year 2505 society has become dumb and stupid by the mass media and mindless TV.
:lol:

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Proteus, that was very good :)

I had wondered, since we are forever becoming more entropic, we as in the universe... we will forever become colder, and colder. That is to say life will slowdown, almost to a dead stop, but it will exist, forever. much like a line approaches 0 at infinity, but never touches.