Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Evolution? Or are we only getting dumber?

Ahuaeynjxs

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
If hit means "reinitialisation" without the machinistic aspect, then sure.

But no I don't think violence is the answer... but let me ask you an honest question.

If things are to change, do you think some people will have to fight for it ? Or do you think it's even worse than we think and there's a double layer of false government to make sure everyone dosen't go chaotic, and in truth they've all been arrested for crimes to humanity, but had amnesty for revealing it all before the whole united states walked in the white house and took it over AGAIN, to make sure the bill of rights was true, for example...

?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I don't understand the last part of the question.

I also don't believe in violence, but there is an option between going along and resistance called community.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Thats exactly where I want to lead people to... we should all be one voice looking for balance between ego and negative ego. Yet we seemingly fight over distractions.

What I meant is that the people in the "know" which perpetrated the fraud our current "maritime commercial law" system is built, might have been given amnesty from their crimes for allowing brother masons who have the intention of going public, true freemasons...

To keep the public from going wild they well possibly could have kept all this a secret and only wait for people to make mature choices to give them their due...

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
balance between ego and negative ego

You are calling it negative ego, that's good
Because I think it's not actually a part of ourselves at all and can be, with some conscious effort, erradicated from our psyche.
People don't seem to realise there's nothing to miss about this false ego. But that's how I see it and I think we will, hopefully soon.
But fighting against it in others is not possible here, it will only make things much worse. In the end, there will probably be a few left having a hard time with themselves not being able to face themselves, wreaking havoc among all. This is the time I worry about, because wether we endure it or fight this might prove the difference between acheiving world unity or going right back to the start.
Just some mind spinnings.
A little off (my own ^^) topic perhaps but I couldn't resist considering your words

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
darkwolfunseen a dit:
That's why I'd guess most of Generation X,Y, and soon to be Z feels lost and buries itself in drugs, sex, and mindless media. They can't help it, they've been given the ability to know everything, but no context under which to envelop in it.
My thoughts exactly. It saddens me... :cry:

Ahuaeynjxs a dit:
nowadays knowledge = trouble
It is. Do you think there will be a tipping point, where knowledge conquers the troublemakers, and reigns the world from that time onward?

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
I must disagree.. self-knowledge (the only real knowledge thank you very much) is as rare as it's always been (or perhaps there were times in history where it was less rare but those groups were most likely erradicated by those who wanted control).
Most peoples reality is nothing more then lies to themselves, some to a larger extent then others, just to be reasonably happy and not to have to look themselves in the mirror, or to belong to the group a little bit.
For wich I don't judge them by the way.
But you definately have a choice in safely following the crowd or going your own, possibly dangerous and lonely way.
Even though that's not entirely true. Many of us have been made to feel dependant by and on all kinds of (groups of) people (on purpose or instinctively for self-gain).
But it's not like they completely can't help it. I can safely say I've had (and still am having, but fighting out of it) my fair share of this (being manipulated and made to feel dependant), yet I am choosing to go my own way nonetheless.

reality_wars

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Juil 2009
I don't think that we're getting dumber. It's more the pressure that our fucked up human society brings with under the circumstances nowadays, that make people do dumb things or that appear dumb to you because you cant understand the cause of it. At least 'dumb' is just a word we refer to behavior that doesn't make one happier like having gay sex or wearing a headscarf/burka, but still we need to tolerate such dumb fucks cause we're not far enough to help 'em all. It would be dumb to care to much about the dumb fucks, you know.

well.. i should go to bed now. note: hope you'll be cool with my throat aids..

Proteus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Sept 2009
Whether we're getting genetically less intelligent overall is incredibly hard to determine. I wouldn't even like to speculate about it.

That we might be getting less intelligent in our cognitive awareness is something I do wonder about however. We have greater access to information than any previous generation in human history but information requires cognitive awareness to make good use of it. Are we better critical thinkers than our parents or their parents before them? Probably not and we need to be.

reality_wars a dit:
At least 'dumb' is just a word we refer to behavior that doesn't make one happier like having gay sex or wearing a headscarf/burka, but still we need to tolerate such dumb fucks cause we're not far enough to help 'em all.
This is a good example of the Dunning-Kruger effect - an inability to recognise one's own incompetence leading to a sense of illusory superiority where undue confidence in erroneous conclusions causes people to do things like you did in that post.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
darkwolfunseen a dit:
Due to the invention of the printing press, and then the computer the acceleration of information absorption has increased tremendously over year over year comparisons. This means that people have the POTENTIAL to be smarter then before. However, that also means that they have problems like information overload and intellectual dissociative disorder. So that is why most of the "high-tech" world is currently feeling more depression and less empathy towards one another, because they "grew" up too fast. I mean go back thirty years and tell someone you can sit down at a box and know everything there is to know about everything, and they'd call it sci-fi. Now we complain when we aren't use a DSL line.

To answer the question more abruptly, I think that we have the ability to be smarter, our capacity has increased because of our ability to learn more at a younger age thanks to technology, but all in all that has disillusioned us with the world, which makes us want to revert to hedonistic tendencies. That's why I'd guess most of Generation X,Y, and soon to be Z feels lost and buries itself in drugs, sex, and mindless media. They can't help it, they've been given the ability to know everything, but no context under which to envelop in it. I mean do you really think a Judeo-Christian or Islamic, or any other antiquated belief system can hold its own against the amount of knowledge available to your average 12 year old.

I guess that still wasn't a basic answer. Fine then, to put it simply: We have more of an ability to be smart, but we no longer want it, so we dumb ourselves down, fearing that intellect will not make us happy.

well put mate.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
As our intelligence went up, our greed stayed the same.

Now greed is slowly declining, and intelligence is still escalating, however it is becomeing less and less extreme, and more and more "closer to home" i.e. we're per-capita doing less research in nuclear physics, and more into renewable energies.

... if you get my drift.

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
Maybe Greed lives as long as it needs to... ;)
Im far from greedy, but i can see a good reason why others might like it.
Sometimes its like you wont get anywhere without it .

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
I think we all have a very existent innate tendency towards greed, and even if you think you are not that greedy, you're probably still greedy in some way. We are all part of the whole 'depleting the earth's resources' plot, so in that way we as the collective human being are very greedy.

Furthermore I very much agree with Darkwolfunseen, we have the potential to become very intelligent because of the massive amount of information that is available to us at any time. However I also have this notion that since our knowledge started expanding so rapidly, we, on individual level have as a way to cope with the masses of information all specified into certain interests. For example I could browse the web all day learning about everything there is, but instead I go about the net very selectively, only looking for things that 'interest' me.

Even though information resources have evolved tremendously, our capacity to hold and use all of this has yet to evolve as well. I mean everything mankind knows has doubled in the past century, but our brain size never increased... :P

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
Im far from greedy, but i can see a good reason why others might like it.
Sometimes its like you wont get anywhere without it .

And why would that be.....

I have to agree to some extent, it doesn't pay to be enlightened. But if everyone just gives up because of this there won't be any change. It's a little bit of a sacrificial thing. Quite a lot perhaps.. but it feels really good in a strange way I guess. Also the knowing that life isn't all that real when not living this way is comforting. The hardest is not getting any recognition at all perhaps. It all has to come from believing and knowing.
I don't know your circumstances however and even if I did, I don't blame anyone for doing what they do.

I think we all have a very existent innate tendency towards greed, and even if you think you are not that greedy, you're probably still greedy in some way.

False. At first I wanted to say I disagreed but it just isn't true. Competetion and greed are a reaction to the environment. Also, being conscious beings we have the ability to behave as we want. Are you a conscious being? What does that mean exactly?

We are all part of the whole 'depleting the earth's resources' plot, so in that way we as the collective human being are very greedy.

False as well.
Many of us suffer and don't want the world to be like it is at all and hope and wait and try to contribute for others to become enlightened and help to enlighten others.
Also, the collective human being.. come on.. as if we all agree on the way things are set, the laws, the consumeristic and capitalistic system. These are the views and lifestyles of a psychopath ^^
What you are doing is finding an excuse in the world around you for (the continuation of) your behaviour and to go the easy way :roll:
For which I don't blame you..

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Everyone has wants, satisfying those wants brings happiness.

To want alot... is it evil? is it greedy?
Maybe,

People want no wants, no needs, but what does that get you, your striving to not exist. You're basically disregarding reality.

Which is more wrong?

Cannot say.

Plurbusgumjimkaychisnut

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
IJesusChrist a dit:
Everyone has wants, satisfying those wants brings happiness.

To want alot... is it evil? is it greedy?
Maybe,

People want no wants, no needs, but what does that get you, your striving to not exist. You're basically disregarding reality.

Which is more wrong?

Cannot say.

Plurbusgumjimkaychisnut
Hehehe that was fundimental init.

Well my opinion is to, try to live beneath the destructive and pointless cultural consumption.

Sure I want more, but I have to review my methods.
I dont shit over someone else to get what i want.
Okay, I shit over huge corporations and my government, I think that has something to do with my self rightousness.
I would never shit over my fellow brother to get what i want.

Again, the game is about awareness.

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
Of course we want more! But how far does this wanting more go for you? To the point that your brothers die over it? To the point that your brothers have a house and warmth and the rest is for you? For me personally, I don't want to have anything if my brother can't have it as well..
What good is any material possesion or satisfying of urges or needs when you are alone.. when the only reason people put up with you is the advantage they get out of it for themselves.. when there's no true connection and when nobody loves one another..
Take it for granted and keep pretending everything is ok and there is no suffering or that we can't help suffering or some other excuse that you make up for yourself
You'll find out some day
Seems some of us have been dead so long they don't know life even exists

Quark13

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Sept 2009

I like to see people get all their universal needs met in nondestructive ways.
Often it seems nearly impossible to me, ie: it frustrates me when my needs for rest, beauty and nature are often not fulfilled as i'm living in one of the busiest parts of Holland. I think overpopulation is one of the biggest problems at this point in time, with the lack of consciousness as a close 2nd.

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
If there wouldn't be and have been a lack of consciousness would there still be overpopulation? If there wouldn't be a lack of consciousness would this that feels as overpopulation still feel that way/would it still be a problem?

Quark13

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Sept 2009
If there wouldn't be and have been a lack of consciousness would there still be overpopulation? If there wouldn't be a lack of consciousness would this that feels as overpopulation still feel that way/would it still be a problem?

Haha, indeed these 2 subjects seem to be closely intertwined. Maybe if our consciousness grows sufficiently we will be able to address the population problem etc.

Being more conscious automatically means being able to see and experience the problems of the world on a more profound level (like overpopulation, destruction of keystone species). Sometimes I wonder.. do I and others get more sensitive and receptive for the problems we face or do the problems just get bigger... I think in most cases probably both..