Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Evolution? Or are we only getting dumber?

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
Has the human race gone dumber in the last few centuries?
Are we on a downward spiral? Or is it all just a way to 'cope' with all the shit we've been getting ourselves into? Or both?
I remember seeing a film about the future where everybody was stupid as hell.
Do you think in the near future there will be a lot of human beings left that posess more then two braincells?

Twilight

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
7 Juin 2008
What makes you think we're getting dumber? :?

I wonder, because to me I think, well maybe not smarter, but at least we can take so much more information than a few centuries ago.

No, I don't think we're getting dumber.

G

Invité
Uuuuh, we may have (much) less wisdom, but dumber I don't think.

Twilight

Inscrit
7 Juin 2008
Lesser wisdom than who? The mayan people? The vikings?

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
I know that movie it's called idiocracy.
I don't believe people are actually getting smarter or dumber.
people have been kept stupid by what I call mind control.
Knowledge has been repressed. Information has been locked away. The world has been turn upside down.
We live in a upside down world. Standing on your head may help you to see this.
psychedelics may help you to see this.
:D
Idiocracy

Twilight

Inscrit
7 Juin 2008
I don't think it has all been just the mind control thing.
Otherwise, how come our minds are not controlled (Or less controlled than others)?
I do think people did get smarter, especially now with the coming of television and the internet. Information is available for everyone, this is a very good thing.
It's a very gradual process.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Let's put it this way. There are people in power who don't want don't want us to get smarter.
But these people are losing there power now. :lol:

Twilight

Inscrit
7 Juin 2008
Agreed. :)

But then I don't think the people in power back then were as smart as the people in power at this moment. Otherwise several things would've already been invented way earlier.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
There are a lot of reasons why things have not been invented earlier.
There has been lost knowledge and technology.
Look at the ancient megalithic structures all over the world for example.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I think there are families where generation upon generation the kids get dumber, but that there are also families where the children tend to outsmart their parents and grandparents. I don't think much can be said about the human race in general.

I remember seeing a film about the future where everybody was stupid as hell.
I was watching Wall-E just now, where in the future human beings simply hover about in comfy seats with a voice-controlled computer floating in front of them, solely communicating with their friends via the internet...

random

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Déc 2007
I think we are getting more inteligent dealing with our dumbness.

We're still smart asses.

infinitetransistor

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Août 2009
I think that its starting to get like wealth, verry few get smarter and smarter and more aware but the huge majority goes in the opposite direction.

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
I know that movie it's called idiocracy.
That's the one :)

I don't believe people are actually getting smarter or dumber.
people have been kept stupid by what I call mind control.
Knowledge has been repressed. Information has been locked away. The world has been turn upside down.

That's what I hope

I think that its starting to get like wealth, verry few get smarter and smarter and more aware but the huge majority goes in the opposite direction.
Im not feeling all that well right now but that's what I sometimes tend to think and why I started this topic

infinitetransistor

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Août 2009
I dont really think that anythings gonna happen in 2012 but i think soon there will be a point when the genral population suddenly becomes aware of whats going on and there will be a big change, like a sudden shift, then we will focus way more and technology and evolve quickly untill nothing is the way it is now for the species.

maybe thats just wishful thinking but its a thought

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
To me it's actually a simple paradox:

Due to the invention of the printing press, and then the computer the acceleration of information absorption has increased tremendously over year over year comparisons. This means that people have the POTENTIAL to be smarter then before. However, that also means that they have problems like information overload and intellectual dissociative disorder. So that is why most of the "high-tech" world is currently feeling more depression and less empathy towards one another, because they "grew" up too fast. I mean go back thirty years and tell someone you can sit down at a box and know everything there is to know about everything, and they'd call it sci-fi. Now we complain when we aren't use a DSL line.

To answer the question more abruptly, I think that we have the ability to be smarter, our capacity has increased because of our ability to learn more at a younger age thanks to technology, but all in all that has disillusioned us with the world, which makes us want to revert to hedonistic tendencies. That's why I'd guess most of Generation X,Y, and soon to be Z feels lost and buries itself in drugs, sex, and mindless media. They can't help it, they've been given the ability to know everything, but no context under which to envelop in it. I mean do you really think a Judeo-Christian or Islamic, or any other antiquated belief system can hold its own against the amount of knowledge available to your average 12 year old.

I guess that still wasn't a basic answer. Fine then, to put it simply: We have more of an ability to be smart, but we no longer want it, so we dumb ourselves down, fearing that intellect will not make us happy.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Well formulated... it's an irrational fear however... because knowledge is not power anymore ! All politicians and stars are illuminatus crackas for the most part...

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Do you think people within so called illuminati secret societys get all the fact. I don't think so. They have been told what they need to know.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Oh yes, I always forget that I must be clearer...

I meant that they have confused the language, and then made everyone irrelevant, exept those who think they deserve a good life. Which are exactly what you are saying, they are initiates, subconsciously.

As long as they don't turn around and bite their corporate masters like : fuck antibiotics we got nanosilver constructs and chlorine dioxide. Well they're all "registered" and "good to go" Someone trying to go upstream will hit himself on them first, and most likely be discouraged.

It's those people that debate quantum physics, evolution or creationism, politics of the people.

AS IF we didn't have a constitution and divine rights charts. It's all pure distraction... thats why so many are confused... nowadays knowledge = trouble. Unless you are extreemly brillant and manage to go old school style like "fight club" oh shit... I talked about it.
*runs for his life*

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^you mean we should hit ourselves?