Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Ego - Soul - God ???

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
+1 alright mates i'll help u out

[youtube]m5wUDxMlhGk[/youtube]

my view of oneness is flowing water in endless waves of golden light.

peace :weedman:

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i think the deficiency in your field glasses lies in the disputable fact that you see free will as a constant. to me it's one of countless factors and as many factors are so unknown, i feel inclined to see free will as a variable instead of seeing it as a constant. why do definitions of freedom need to be so dependant?? dependant on individual and collective archetypes?

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
darkwolfunseen a dit:
^^^^ Yeah, it's always a trip when you realize how much your ego gets in the way of both love and freedom

-Ganesha:
In essence, what I'm trying to say is that we cannot foster our own self-existence. Therefore something has fostered it before us, and continues to be in tune with us during the experience. A good comparison (maybe even too simple) is to say that we are all tiny energy balls that continue existing because of energy put in us originally, and no matter how you put it, you cannot not die. Therefore you are limited to the time allotted, and then are eventually shot out of your body an pulled towards a much more powerful energy ball. That's not to say we don't possess properties of a higher power in ourselves (call it an imprint), but by no means are we self-perpetuating.

thats a great theory until the death part
you cant know where your (energy ball) goes after death. no one can
you cant know if this energy ball isnt just a self imposed psychosis
The urge to continue after death is what drives everything we do.
in other words

your theory and every religion and every thought and item we make or word we speak, its All an attempt to permanently anchor our selves in what we know to be a temporary Transient existence.

EDIT* also to those who think they have free will, take a step back and try to think. where are these thoughts coming from?
can you control them? or do they flow endlessly in and out of your head? you can shape them and mold them but they still aren't under your control. the fastest way from point A to point B is a str8 line. And Humans are the way the universe has chosen to express itself. i dont know if the universe has a Coherent cosmic consciousness but i do know that it is comprised of the same energy that makes up my dualistic consciousness. Trends on earth are examples of energy patterns that are not completely in our control.
All we are is Awareness - we have the appearance of a body, an ego, a planet to live on, and friends that appear to be separate from us.
All awareness is different from by definition is what it is aware of.

avemaria

Banni
Inscrit
18 Nov 2010
Psyolopher a dit:
The cause and effect of this mental masturbation, I believe has far greater results than to believe that God is external.

this is something ive often thought, that there is no need to think of 'God' as some kind of external, objective being, and more like something connected to the self, i think this is close to Plato's conception of 'God'

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
"one" is a misleading concept. it leads you back to dualities which are a construct and therefore false. the duality being 'one' as opposed to 'many'. non-dual is in fact not even so accurate a word, yet it is one of the best approximations we have for the true concept.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
all is one
for me oneness is the same as nothingness, because if there is only one then there is no other to compare with (like if there is only light and no dark, then there is no light) if there is only 1 then there are no numbers and then 1, being a number, ceases to exist

if you take an observant stance and try to pick everything apart piece by piece, then you realise there are no individual pieces, there are no actual boundaries or lines as each line fades into the next, therefore there cant possibly be anything but this one or this nothing
i like to think of it like a drawing that was drawn without lifting the pen from the paper
we are the universe experiencing itself through our senses

i believe in the big bang (until i find a more satisfying theory) so if all was condensed into a single point of infinite density....isnt that just what the universe is now, relatively
and if all was one at that point...
and through evolution we went from this one point to energy
and life on earth came from dust and rocks and then chemicals, we all have a single point that we came from and we are all from 1
its all a bit jumbled but it fits perfectly inside my head :rolleyes:

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
like binary, your either 1 (on, life, power, yes) or 0 (off, dead, stagnant, no)

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
well i dont associate 0 with negative but yeah i guess thats normally how it would be taken
and i dont believe in absolutes like you're either 1 or 0

for me zero is just the same as one until you add other numbers like 2,3,4 etc.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
crimzen:
i believe in the big bang (until i find a more satisfying theory) so if all was condensed into a single point of infinite density....isnt that just what the universe is now, relatively

that IS what the universe is now, unified field theory essentially proves (it's been peer reviewed, and relativity and Quantum mechanics agree) that all information, all the universes potential, is contained within each point in the universe. ie an atom, or a quark, or whatever's smaller than that. form and shape is essentially movement. a very specific, yet, the only natural movement (therefore shape), taking place on an infinite number of scales...

[attachment=0:32cz8hb8]Fibonacci_spiral[1].jpg[/attachment:32cz8hb8]

http://superstrangeland.blogspot.com/20 ... etism.html

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
yeah i was sitting in my back yard smoking some green and thinking about this exact thing yesterday actually
its like, imagine the universe as a sphere (even if it isnt) everything in existance is within this tiny point, then imagine we are viewing the universe from the outside and zooming in, the further you zoom in the closer you see ,i guess you could view the observer (us in this situation) as being 'time' tho i dont know if that helps, anyway just like that beautiful golden triangle you posted we would continue to 'zoom in' infinitely
like the fibonacci spiral or like a fractal, it just keeps falling in
ive had similar thoughts in the past and have always loved the perfectness of the system of creation the golden ratio provides
but yesterday it was very clear and i imagined myself 'falling in'
the expansion of the universe that has been observed could possibly be us falling deeper into the spiral
like the way you see a tree go past when youre in a car, the tree isnt moving..

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
Twilight a dit:
I've had a lot of long talks with a really good friend of mine who has had a lot of free time and likes to think about deep philosophical questions.
He actually found a way to combine physics with spirituality and things like a 'soul' and stuff like that. Even reincarnation is incorporated.

It's extremely interesting but he is way better at explaining his model than me.
I still haven't found an argument against his model, it's just so perfect. I can't find a way to tackle it.
He said that our souls are electromagnetic fields, kind of interwoven in our physical bodies.
That every moment of time does exist, but not in multiple universes or something. Every moment of time is just 'known' to the 'whole'.

And yes, we are all one. :D

Havnt read the rest of the thread yet but this touched a nerve in a good way with me.

First off in the original post it talked about us all being one.

In the bible the trinity concept is the idea that "God" is three people yet one being. That is that you can talk to each of the three person's of the trinity seperatly and get differente reactions but still they are in total perfect communion with each other.

It is also the case that if you take a literal interpretation to scripture you will see that it says that we are 'to be like Christ' and that Christ himself says 'I and the father are one'. These two scriptures taken together suggest heavily that we are to achieve the same oneness with 'God' as the trinity has with itself.

I have done this.

With that also the comment in this post about all moments of time all relating to each other is also manifest in this as God as defined in scripture is defined as "I AM" which literally translates into "I WAS, I AM and I WILL BE" all at the same time. That is that he exists in all now's simultanously. And where as we as linear beings 'used to exist' in the past and 'will exist' in the future, he IS in the past and IS in the future with the portions of us that still exist there and will exist there.

In that sense the closer that we get to a self awareness of Christ the closer we move into his I AMness as I call it and the closer we step out of time and into his timelessness.

The real question for spirituality then comes into who you see the 'All God' as. Is he/it a specific person such as Jesus or is he something or someone else? Thats the true search for sprituality for anyone that has moved beyond simple religious discussions. True spirtiual search eventually gets to a point of searching within and the closer you get to your answer the less and less people outside of you can help you.

I believe that the quest for the soul and the search for enlightenment begin with asking why and accepting no answer until all answers have been satisfied as being denied.

As such I never make a point of pushing my PERSONAL belief that that "All God" really is the Jesus of the bible and that each person much figure that out on their own. As in all things, we can only show each other the doors, we still have to walk through them. Some choose to. Some dont. And whether someone does or not should never be judged.

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
Ganesha a dit:
Postponing oneness until after human existence is pretty 'Judeo-Christian'. It too much depends on a distinction between 'ego' and 'world'.

The idea of postponing oneness until after human existence is a broken misunderstanding of scripture by common modern Judeo-Christian theologins.

Scripture talks about 'heaven' and being 'one' in heaven but what people often forget are all the scriptures that talk about being in heaven right now. Conversations about the legal laws of who gets there and why asside. Anyone who is 'in heaven' is 'in heaven now' and anyone who is 'in heaven' is 'one' and there for anyone who is 'in heaven' is 'in heaven as one now'.

By achieving awareness of the divine we enter into the divinity. That is not to say that we become god, but that we become aware of God in us so clearly that we share his thoughts and emotions.

To put in a way that became clear to me once.

"All of reality is a single memory in the mind of God"

God knows, and remembers all of us and all of reality. As such we are existing in the mind of God as living entities. As we become aware of ourselves and move outside of ourselves we move into a better more clearer understanding of reality and as we progress outside of portions of reality we progress into an awareness of God.

Whether or not we see that God as a particular human concept is a personal experience and process and I never force that on anyone nor judge anyone who sees it differently then me. Still I know who I have seen Him as, Jesus, and I have 100% perfect peace in my existing as one with the cosmos because of it.

If I didnt have that awareness of him I would not be able to survive 90% of my random tripping experiences that have been happening to me for the past several years. Spontanously tripping especially while driving a car, or out in some place you've never been before can be rather creepy or down right scary but then when you feel a peace come over you and you hear a voice say "I remember you" you know everything will be fine.

As always not forcin nothin. Just sharin something that might help someone else find what they are looking for even if it isnt what I am looking for.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i used to be diametrically opposed to anything christian related, but viewing it all as a metaphor, i can get just as much out of it as from any other holy scripture.

"Scripture talks about 'heaven' and being 'one' in heaven but what people often forget are all the scriptures that talk about being in heaven right now."

which ones are those? im very interested to which ones your referencing about being "in heaven now", that is.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
Allusion a dit:
i used to be diametrically opposed to anything christian related, but viewing it all as a metaphor, i can get just as much out of it as from any other holy scripture.

"Scripture talks about 'heaven' and being 'one' in heaven but what people often forget are all the scriptures that talk about being in heaven right now."

which ones are those? im very interested to which ones your referencing about being "in heaven now", that is.

exactly the same for me.

no idea about bible stuff, but Meister Eckhart, a 13th century christian mystic, wrote some really good things. he's definitely one of those who identified heaven in the here and now.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
same,

I still cannot read the old testament as if it were a fictional writer in his basement, angry at the world - but there is much for me to learn from true christian teachings.

There is a quote, religion aside, that brings me awe:

"And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider's name was Death, and Hades followed him."

Tingles me every time.

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
Allusion a dit:

Ephesians 2:1-9 is the quote I got when googling "scripture seated in heaven". I havnt read the bible in about 3 years but I have large amounts of biblicaly concepts bouncing around in my head. Takes some time to find the right references sometime but I think this one is a key one. You might be better googling and checking out what other people have to say about scripture and seated in heaven or seated in heavely places.

Btw, here is a quote of it from bible gateway.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... ersion=NIV

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
Allusion a dit:

ALL religion and mythology can be interpreted as metaphorical description of psychedelic experience, especially ego death and psychological transformation

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
maxfreakout a dit:
Allusion a dit:

ALL religion and mythology can be interpreted as metaphorical description of psychedelic experience, especially ego death and psychological transformation

Which basically means to transcend the typicallity of all religions you have to move beyond what is written about the theology and experience the theology first hand.

I cant speak for any other religions that propose a supreme being or beings but I know that from my experience my relationship to Christ far transcends anything written about him in any form anywhere.

For example 'the bible' is only a core set of beliefs about God. It is not a relationship to God nor is it all there is to know about God or about having a relationship with him. To transcend the bible or any religious text you have to enter into living the experience. The bible talks about having a relationship to God as a person as the being Jesus/Yahweh/Holyspirit. To not enter into a relationship with that being is to only know about the religion it is not to know the religion.

Same would be true for Buddha or Krishna except I have no experience in them as beings and my understanding of their religious texts are flaky at best. I just know my relationship to Christ as a living being and creator of the universe works for me and works really really well.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
interesting, thanks for the verses.

maxfreakout a dit:
Allusion a dit:

sure, although on a wider scope, metaphor for ALL life experiences. although to tell that to my state of mind a few years ago, when rebelling against the worst forms of christian indoctrination was at the forefront, and paramount to my personal freedom, i could have only learned of this concept through the outside in (i tended to take a "skeptical stance" at best when things appeared to be forced upon me).

i think i may have started with buddhism which swiftly led me to all the others, and finally back full circle after discovering taoism somewhere in the middle.