Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Dreams & Cannabis

JamBar

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
25 Mar 2009
For the longest time I've sacrificed remembering most of my dreams for getting stoned. Recently I decided to take a break from the vaporizer to start dreaming again.

I want to consume cannabis on a more spiritual level rather than a recreational level by using it less frequently. I plan to make edibles twice a month and to use my vaporizer as a tool when it is appropriate, not as a 3 hour cure for my boredom. :roll:

By reducing my cannabis intake I have been able to clearly remember my dreams, stay awake for more hours in a day, and concentrate fully on things more important to me than getting stoned. :D

restin

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
enjoy, I am convinced this is a very good idea. If you are willing, I'd even make a 1 month break before starting these sessions.

JamBar

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
25 Mar 2009
That's probably a great idea. A one month break would be a good test of self discipline and dedication to the plan. :idea:

poisoninthestain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Avr 2008
When I used to be a heavy smoker some years ago, before I got very bad anxiety attacks, I noticed I would never dream on cannabis.

It's interesting how this is common.

JamBar

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
25 Mar 2009
Indeed it is time for me to take a break. The beauty about cannabis is that it allows you to realize that a break may be needed.

Other substances may not allow the user to be so fortunate. :evil:

UniversalConsciousness

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
7 Avr 2009
I don't get how cannabis can inhibit the dream function in many people. It seems to have the opposite effect for me. In fact not only are my dreams intensified......I can remember them so much better. Why others such as yourselves have a different experience I don't know.

Terrance Mckenna noted that his dream life is richer when he abstains as well....he theorized that dreams are lessened because the surreal energy poured into dreams is poured into making the stoned waking state more surreal and dreamy. In that sense there is a trade-off I suppose. It all depends what you want I guess......though for someone like me I don't have to worry about any of this since cannabis enhances my dreams and dream recall. In fact I would have to say that.....I may have not been able to recover my good dream recall and lucid awareness I had as a child if it wasn't for cannabis.

grifter7

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
7 Mar 2009
dreaming also occurs in non rem sleep theta i think. I remember i never dreamt if i smoked cannabis aswell

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I dream after smoking. Maybe if I would smoke daily it would slowly disappear, but I used to smoke 4 days a week without it affecting my dreamlife.

JamBar

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
25 Mar 2009
Forkbender a dit:
I dream after smoking. Maybe if I would smoke daily it would slowly disappear, but I used to smoke 4 days a week without it affecting my dreamlife.

I guess you're one of the lucky ones. :D

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
that would be a really nice thing to research on...

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
I have about 2-3 toking sessions per week tops and I dream every night as long as I get a full sleep cycle. I do find that sometimes my dreams are a bit stranger after toking.

Having a regular day job prevents me from dreaming far more than smoking cannabis. Whenever I have extended periods off work I suddenly start having a shittonne of dreams. It's probably because I never get enough sleep when I'm forced to get up early, I'm a night owl by nature

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
when i smoke regularly every day i don't remember any dreams. if i stop just for two days, the night of the second day i feel i've dreamed a thousand dreams.

conversely, when i didn't smoke as much as i do now, toking would make me super aware of dreams.

versatile weed, ain't it?

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
When you take your cannabis breaks to be able to dream, I can only recommend you try 2g of L-tryptophane before going to sleep. Not only does it help falling asleep, it also makes me have the most vivid dreams ever. I even got into a lucid dream phase with 2g of L-tryptophane a couple of times - without practicing lucid dreaming or something, it just happened.
L-trypthophane also boosts serotonine levels the next day, so you might miss smoking less.

LsDxMdma

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Nov 2007
ganja deff. made me not dream for years! i dont smoke now and i love the vivid dreams i have now!

*edit tincture, also open uncut worms leaving to die

Respect! its power

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
i rarely dream sober or not so cannabis has done nothing different but make my sleeps better
cannabis kicks insomnia in the balls

JamBar

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
25 Mar 2009
So far my plan is working (1 month in). I have completely eliminated smoking from my life and reduced the amount of cannabis vaporized by half. Now I can vaporize and dream the same day and remember my dreams.

As for the edibles, I decided against them because I get much more enjoyment from the vaporizer. 8)

Less is indeed more.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
Illegalsmile a dit:
cannabis kicks insomnia in the balls
amen brother
insomnia was beating me to death when i went thru a dry period
it gets me pretty bad when i havnt smoked for about a week, sometimes i have trouble even on mj but she sings me my lullabies
:wink:

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
occasionally for me for sleep.. for example when i've laid in bed for 2 hours and i can't shut my brain off. it makes for such a pleasant journey to sleep, valerium doesn't come close IMO. i do find myself a bit more lethargic in the morning when i toke that late, but that's far better than no sleep.

i have friends for whom it is the exact opposite, a little puff and they are awake for hours