Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

DMT creatures, real or not?

DMT creatures, real or not?

• yes

Votes: 0 0,0%
  • no

• maybe

• You're crazy for even thinking about it

Votes: 1 100,0%

• Nombre total d'électeurs

maxfreakout

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
i think generally when people say 'real' they mean 'external to the mind'

and in this specific sense, i think that the DMT elves are not real. But similarly, in this specific sense, i dont think anything is real, there is nothing external to the mind

The DMT elves are something you see behind your closed eyelids during the DMT trip, they exist within the person's inner mental space

they are not under the control of the person who is tripping, they behave entirely autonomously, and they seem to possess a higher wisdom than the tripper does

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
i havnt tried DMT yet, although i really wish i could get my hands on some it sounds incredible

i'd say they are as real as anything else inside your mind
as real as the voices some schizophrenics hear
and they'll tell you, they're real

but they dont exist in a physical form other than the reaction in your brain

then again what do we really know, all we have to go by is what the human species can observe

Tunnelvision

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
28 Août 2008
In short, I do not believe DMT is a gateway to an alternate dimension, nor does it induce contact with autonomous elves and alien entities. Yes, DMT produces a vivid other-worldly landscape when ingested, often including elves, aliens, insects, snakes, jaguars, etc. This is true for the majority of people who try it. Some people do not have such vivid responses, but many do. Although this may appear at first glance to be "shocking," it is actually no more shocking then the fact that most people dream at night, or that most people see geometric patterns (pressure phosphenes) when they close their eyes and press against their eyeballs. But the difference between pressure phosphenes and DMT is that DMT is illegal and very hard to come by, so most people never have the opportunity to experience it. If we could all hold our breath for a minute and produce vivid hallucinations of alien landscapes it would seem quite mundane, no more than a mere curiosity of the human condition. However, since this particular alien landscape is produced by a specific rare substance (DMT), people seem to think it is akin to unlocking the mysteries of the universe when they actually get their hands on it.

By James Kent

this guy describes exactly how i think about it too.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
James Kent a dit:
In short, I do not believe DMT is a gateway to an alternate dimension, nor does it induce contact with autonomous elves and alien entities. Yes, DMT produces a vivid other-worldly landscape when ingested, often including elves, aliens, insects, snakes, jaguars, etc. This is true for the majority of people who try it. Some people do not have such vivid responses, but many do. Although this may appear at first glance to be "shocking," it is actually no more shocking then the fact that most people dream at night, or that most people see geometric patterns (pressure phosphenes) when they close their eyes and press against their eyeballs.
I agree.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Me 2 .

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I especially agree with this:
James Kent a dit:
In short, I do not believe DMT...induces contact with autonomous elves and alien entities.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
it is odd however that the brain produces "creatures"... more often than not 'elves'...
It is still interesting, even if they do not necessarily exist.

D

deeper

Invité
they are real. we know nothing. strangely this is a relief.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
deeper a dit:
they are real. we know nothing. strangely this is a relief.

I wish you were correct.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
IJesusChrist a dit:
it is odd however that the brain produces "creatures"... more often than not 'elves'...
I believe this is so because we all interact with other creatures in real life: beings with eyes, a mouth, arms etc., and we are one ourselves.

It's our interaction with these creatures that stirs our emotions and even our biochemistry the most, and thus we mainly dream about them (our family members, lover etc.). Whenever something unusual happens to us, we look around to see what other creatures (human or animal) are involved. As adults our brains are wired for interaction with other beings.

When ingesting a psychedelic, synesthesia occurs. Input from the senses gets blurred. It could very well be that when this synesthesia is intensified sufficiently (with a good dose of DMT) the sounds and electric signals of our own organism turn into colorful patterns, into which the brain projects its expectation of interaction with beings. But they will not appear like normal human beings (nor like Jung's typical archetypes), they will appear somewhat 'alien', like elves or insects or gods or greys. When the supply of DMT is stable (during the peak), the 'shape'of these beings will also stabilize, and thus appear real.

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
In my opinion these 'creatures' are just a way of describing something what we can't describe in normal terms. As in my experience there is no solid form or shape, no eyes or arms or anything.

Please tell me, who of you guys saw something that looks like an insect or elf?

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
I see it just like channelings, could be absolute bs or maybe a manifestation of what's already inside us...
Who knows :roll:

Ofcourse that doesn't mean that it can have no value in assisting one to think about things or see things from another perspective