Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Did you know..

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i haven't seen nerves on the wall, i seen something which could be described as flowing colors shining on the surfaces of objects like for example walls. it's a strange shine, but it gives vision an interesting notion of a camera, as it seems the colors float thru it, like they float thru the lense of a camera. maybe the light is also being captured in the brain who knows?? i wonder whats the reason for seeing symbols of life on a trip. i remember many people who say the walls appeared to be breathing while under the influence of specific psychadelics. apparently veins are also symbols of life, but with a different meaning.

magickmumu

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
When i am tripping i don't see veins on the wall. what i do see during the come on are patterns, flowing geometrical shapes and colors.

I do see nerves or floating spots sometimes, but that's an eye thing. I don't thing that it has anything to do with do with psychedelics, because i can see them when sober.
I have seen eye spots and nerves floating trough my field of vision for as long as i can remember.
I don't know if this is the same thing as the veins on the wall on OutThisLife is writing about?

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I have never seen veins either, but my whole vision becomes a bit wobbly and leaving trails, edges seem to have a mostly greenish glow. Everything seems to become brighter, more saturated and contrast seems to rise.
I'd say the greenish glow, more saturation/liveliness and higher contrast together with a sense of "meaningfulness" are the prevalent optic changes in a beginning trip.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
been having that too, but mostly i seem to have been getting the morphing geometric patterns in different colors tho. fractals are one big awesomeness!! :D i think seeing parts of your vision apparatus is fucked up, but it makes sense becoming aware of the operated machinery, load all the necessary programs for conception and execution!

once i took shrooms on a beach at night and gazing at the sky made me wonder, why the moon and the stars were moving so fast and slow by turns... it appeared like they wanted to trick me lol... it almost looked like they were jumping from one point to the next...

another optic change i experienced is that vision itself seems to become more holistic in a sense and tries to perceive everything in a more connected and maybe over-conceptualiz-ing(-ed) way... dunno :mrgreen:

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
I don't think it's necessarily the veins in your eyes. You see mainly through the iris, so how could you see the veins in your eye even in an altered state?

From wiki: 'The visual system in humans allows individuals to assimilate information from the environment. The act of seeing starts when the lens of the eye focuses an image of its surroundings onto a light-sensitive membrane in the back of the eye, called the retina. The retina is actually part of the brain that is isolated to serve as a transducer[citation needed] for the conversion of patterns of light into neuronal signals. The lens of the eye focuses light on the photoreceptive cells of the retina, which detect the photons of light and respond by producing neural impulses. These signals are processed in a hierarchical fashion by different parts of the brain, from the retina to the lateral geniculate nucleus, to the primary and secondary visual cortex of the brain. Signals from the retina can also travel directly from the retina to the Superior colliculus.'

So when that process is distorted by a chemical, the brain tries to gather things, even though it's absent of a stimulus-- and thus, you see flying monkeys and such. It's a bit different when it comes to pseudohallucination(s) , but we won't delve into that.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
what synith said,

During come up, everything you see, CEVs, hallucinations, and altered sight are all products of neuropsychology trying to process a chemical normally foreign to the brain, it has nothing to do with physical manifestations in your eye.

ZoSoMaC

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
1 Nov 2009
did you know,,

that the "patterns" you see are manifestations of of your subconscious visually displayed? This could be False, but there are instances where ive had visual patterns appear... somewhat constructing the letters of my first name, or things like designs that i have been working on.

the trip itself began with me, talking to myself... expressing the gratitude to my mind. Thanking it for being there, with my physical body.. ect. Resulting in a "self" themed trip.

p.s. Shrooms are delicious :D

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
All I have to say is .... bullshit. Misinformation.

BlimeyGrimey

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Juin 2008
Synith a dit:
I don't think it's necessarily the veins in your eyes. You see mainly through the iris, so how could you see the veins in your eye even in an altered state?

What backwoods anatomy book have you read? You don't see through your iris! Your iris controls the size of your pupil, the iris is the colored part (brown/green/blue/hazel) part of the eye. The part of your eye that actually "sees" is your retina.

user_1919 a dit:
All I have to say is .... bullshit. Misinformation.

The retina has blood vessels that rest between the pupil and the retina. These veins cast a shadow on your retina. Under the right conditions you can see these veins. The original poster was correct, except they claimed it was the nerves you see, it is not nerves you see but it IS veins that you see. The brain normally filters these shadows out, the same way you get used to wearing a necklace or ring and no longer even notice you are wearing it.

Seriously, all the nay-saying and misinformation (seeing through your iris etc) can be stopped with a single google search.

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
^+1

einstein-google.jpg

Not that any dumb questions were asked, i just found this semi relivent.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
eeeee isssssssssss ammmceeeeeee squared init??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
Uhh ohh, weve got a scientist on our handss. :P