Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

conscious dreaming

marvinkmooneyoz

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Août 2004
We all know now that the brain is all chemicals, and that the mind is just the sum total of these chemicals and the energy running through them. I believe the greatest "drug" to be conscious dreaming, in which there is no outside stimuli being recreated by the mind, but rather the mind making all things pure. Some methods include the nova dreamer, which detects rem sleep(the dream phase) and sends a blinking red light through your retinas, which your mind can still see and interpret. Knowing this, one will realize he/she is dreaming, and take control of pure chemical goodness. Another method, best used in conjuntion is to hold on to something through the switch from the awake state to the sleep state. This could be a rotating object, an increasingly vivid and relaxing beach hallucination, music, whatever. I recommend visual to start off with. The nova dreamer is quite expensive at 500 bucks.

Chains

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Juil 2004
This sounds really cool, almost like experiences I've heard from meditation. Has anyone had success meditating to the point of going on a trip?

Aerogel

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
30 Sept 2003
I would like to try that experience... but it sounds to expensive for me.

I sugest you guys to see the movie "waking life". It's about dreaming and states of mind, and you will enjoy it every second, and maybe this movie becomes one of the movies that will follow you all your life...!

Peace!

sykokinesis

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Juil 2004
What you're talking about is called "Lucid dreaming", with practice, you wouldn't need a $500 machine.

Meditation is great if you can block outside interference.

Aerogel

Inscrit
30 Sept 2003
outside interference seens to be a big deal when you try to concetrate...

smitty

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
30 Juil 2004
There are many other ways to acctivate lucid dreaming.
You can start by keeping up a dream diary, so write down your dreams as soon as you wake up, every day. This will make you more conscious of your dreams.

Another method is try to be conscious during the waking hours. Look at everything and ask yourself is this real? If you keep this up long enough, the question will be repeated in your dream and you can start to dream lucid. You can also do this by focusing on 1 particular thing/object/activity you do alot in real life so you will dream about it quicker.

Also when you are going to sleep, try to stay conscious in the pictures you see before your eyes without falling asleep :snore:

An important thing is not to smoke weed or hash because these substances make you sleep deeper so it's harder to remember your dreams.

Aerogel

Inscrit
30 Sept 2003
Maybe the smoking is getting me back. I smoke a lot of pot, and I almost never remember of dreaming... Maybe it's time for me to stop smoking so much...

marc

Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
I have the same problem, smoking weed kills your REM.

But, I have the feeling that I sleep lighter when I've smoked ? Maybhe that's because I don't have my REM ?

marvinkmooneyoz

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Août 2004
Some scientists beleive weed suppresses REM, resulting in a stronger REM period the next cycle(REM sleep happens around four/five times per night) I dont yet know this to be true for me. The distingtion should be made between transitional conscious dreaming, were you literally build the dreamscape from waking into sleeping without really realizing when sleep starts. The other is realizing suddenly that you are dreaming. Both of these methods are recommended. Ask your self 10 times a day"am i dreaming?"

sykokinesis

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Juil 2004
You may or may not believe the materialistic basis for consciousness as I do, but you will still see much truth here if you are open minded.
I don't even understand the importance of this statement.
What truth where? All this along with the bias threat? LOL

The link you posted states nothing new and nothing I or millions of others have not already known.
I have done scientific research into conscious dreams since I discovered them in 1976
I discovered in 1976? LOL
"Conscious dreams" have been around since the dawn of man. Early "written" records go back as far as 415ad concerning Lucid dreams.Also, it is even written in the "Tibetan Book of the Dead".

And I seriously doubt that the Tibetan Buddhists had special electronics and lights to aid them in their "waking dreams". I would rather use my own abilities to reach an altered state than to shell out cash for it; however, feel free to blow your money on a penis pump for your brain.

Are you selling something?

smiles

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Juin 2004
I could be wrong but I don't think he meant he discovered the "art of conscious dreaming" just discovered it personally.

I've been interested in this subject recently and have been experimenting with the "dream herb" Calea zacatachichi, I bought a substantial amount and decided to try some tea :pint: it was awful :sick: one of the most bitter things I've ever tried to ingest. Threw it out. On to plan #2 :think: I bought a large bag of gel caps and proceeded to use my trusty coffee grinder and capped a hundred or so. I've been taking 3 of these caps about an hour before bed and then 3 more just before bed. I've read it takes a few days to work it's way in, so I've made it a ritual of doing this every night. I've only just begun this process so I don't have much to report yet. I've been at it a week now and have noticed an increase in dreaming so this is a good start... :high:

smitty

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
30 Juil 2004
I was thinking about using the calea dreamherb myself, I've read a lot of good experiences with it. Funny, if I wanted to take it, I also had the idea to put it in gel caps. Curious now what the effect will be. :happy3:

freyja

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Juil 2004
I'm a lucid dreamer, or let's say I'm lazy lately but I experimented a lot with it. Besides that, dreams are my profession. I followed a study in it and work with dreams, giving personal therapy and group workshops and courses.

Besides the tips I saw here, I would like to add an other one. If you keep a dreamjournal then you will see some things there that only occur or happen in your dreams. For me that was flying. Then you can focus on it, say to yourself that if you do that certain thing or if you are in a certain place, then you must be dreaming.
Then, you must also on forehand decide what you want to do when you gain conciousness in your dream. Concentrate on something, like looking at you hands for instance. (good working castaneda tip)If you don't have a focusspoint, you will soon loose your conciousness again.
Don't give up after a few days, lucid dreaming takes time and concentration.

And about smoking pot and dreams, it's true that it makes it more difficult to remember, but if you are determined it will not matter a lot. Remembering dreams is more a matter of training yourself in it. I had times that I smoked my head off, and still could remember up to 4 detailed dreams a night. Most important thing in remembering is to write everything down in the morning.

Good luck! :snore:

smiles

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Juin 2004
I was thinking about using the calea dreamherb myself, I've read a lot of good experiences with it. Funny, if I wanted to take it, I also had the idea to put it in gel caps. Curious now what the effect will be. :happy3:

It's working great for me...I have at least two or three dreams that I can recall details every night...I'm using the 00 sized caps at six per night... :jump:s I'm having them so frequently that I'm starting to learn how to manipulate them

psilly

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Août 2004
*SPOILER: PONTIFICATION ZONE FOLLOWS*

I believe that matter has its roots in mind, rather than the other way around... or maybe better put, matter is just the outward manifestation of mind. The brain is kind of like a radio, "picking up" patterns of thought that are already there, on whatever frequency it happens to be tuned to at the time. Most people stay on the same channel for most of their adult lives. It's possible to change this station-- for better or worse-- and some people do this consciously or unconsciously. The interesting thing is that these inner changes in frequency always seem to manifest themselves in outward material circumstances. To some people this is magic, others see it as karma or luck or Divine Providence, whatever you call it though the result is the same. I'm not aware of anybody who has observed this phenomenon and really understands how it works-- the important thing is that the principles involved seem to hold true for most people, most of the time.

From time to time you see vestiges of these ideas remaining in language. On one hand, for example, 'concentration' refers to a narrowing of one's mental focus; on another, 'concentration' is an indication of relative strength, density, or frequency. Then you have a related word, 'concentric,' implying a spiral which narrows and narrows as you get closer towards the center-- and where the lines of the circle get closer and denser together. All of these ideas are related somehow, in a very primal way that oddly transcends the literal meaning of the spoken words.

If mind is the source of matter, and if dreaming is a mental state which is somewhat detatched from material reality, it may follow that dreams are an especially 'concentrated' form of mentation. Accepting all of the above, then, it stands to reason that conscious control of one's dream-state is either a cause or an effect of greater conscious control of one's material circumstances. This is an idea that the Western Mysteries share with traditional shamanism, although the two schools split on the issue of cause/effect.

I've never practiced Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) but I understand that it also teaches several techniques for lucid dreaming.

*LONG RAMBLY SERMON TERMINATED*

Aerogel

Inscrit
30 Sept 2003
Yes, indeed!
I've read some NPL books and they help to gain control of dreams. Actually, I think NPL is the best way to find our true conscience, because of all the tools NPl gives us.

michelferry

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
26 Août 2004
good morning guy !

calea's another interesting topic. i just tried smoking once with no effect and wanted to make tea. but it seems to need a large amount of stuff, so your own way looks better.
i'm gonna try it but never used caps : what is the approximate qtty for a 00 size ?
you wrote that you now remember 2 or 3 dreams a night, which is a pretty good result, but what about their content ? do they have a particular "flavour" ? I mean mystic matters, spiritual teachings...
that was the case for my own experience of "lucid " dreams i had when practising yoga/meditation. and this is of course what i am looking for with calea !

cheers
michel

smiles

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Juin 2004
Cheers Michelf...

Calea... I've found is one of the most harmless herbs out there * but I'm not a doctor* so this is just my opinion. The 00 gel cap is the largest of the ones I've seen...if you have trouble swallowing pills you might want to go smaller *just do a google search* and you'll find many resources. As for content,weight, of each gel cap I just stuff em till they're full.

I've been using them off and on for a while now. The content of my dreams haven't changed to my knowledge. My dreams have always been unpredictable really, sometimes I dream of things relative to what's going on in my life, and sometimes I dream of things that make absolutely no sense at all, sometimes I'll have deja vu, something will happen and it will occur to me that I've dreamed this. Which is kinda spooky but cool all in the same motion. I think Calea could be a great thing for people that never dream "or they don't recall that they do" but for me the main benefit is recalling what I've dreamed and also the vividness of the content. It's fairly inexpensive and harmless * again my opinion* so I would recomend to anyone who dreams of dreaming... :D s

supersquirrel

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Oct 2004
dream herb is right on for this, though extended use will cause auditory hallucinations (at least it did for me). one thing i have tried recently is abstaining from sleep for as long as i could and then when i could no longer stay awake, i would sit in bed with my eyes closed trying to stay aware of my consciousness (i.e. thinking about stuff). it works beautifully, i can actually sense the point where i go from being conscious to being unconscious. its almost like i no longer have the "energy" to think so my thoughts become whatever they must (sorry that's the only way i can say it). i don't believe that it is possible to control the flow of a dream, however i do think that being conscious during a dream gives you a much better chance of remembering it. again, dream herb accomplishes basicly the same thing (conscious dreaming) as this "sleep fasting" that i have proposed but it does have the side effect of random auditory hallucinations (or at least it did for me) but it does have the side effect of being a major interruption in the sleep cycle. for me this translated into a slight dip in my academic performance for the week that i did it.