Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Borderline Personality Disorder and Psychedelics?

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
Hi all,

Just hoping for some advice from as many as I can get it from -

I have a University friend that is interested in trying psychedelics, she seems to be interested in the philosophical / spiritual potential (I usually only get requests from people wanting to get high).

*But*

I've just found out she has borderline personality disorder, with pronounced hallucinations and multiple personalities - she's also recently come off of low dose Amisulphrite (an antipsychotic), by her own request.

I'm just contemplating what the possible effects of a low to medium dose of LSA / Morning glory would be in respect to her condition...

I know that psychedelics are advised against for those with a family history of mental illness in respect to bringing latent "disorders" to the surface, but what about those that already have mental illness?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Pariah

spice

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Well, I wouldn't advise any lysergics just yet...I'd advise 125 mg of pure mdma.

This will open her up, to herself, and to those attempting to help her.

If her problem is purely psychological, this may bring some real revelations about what happened in her past that programmed this mental-emotional state into her.

If she has a true chemical reason behind it, MDMA is not nearly as potentially threatening as LAA or LSD.

Many peoples neuroses and psychoses are not organic, they are the result of repressed/suppressed trauma going back deep into the past.

She will like mdma better, too...it's not nearly as scary, plus, letting go of the ego is something she may not be ready for......

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
I assume you know this, but if not...

http://www.mdma.net/therapy/drugtherapy.html

a quote:

"MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine) a relatively mild and short-acting substance that is said to give a heightened capacity for introspection and intimacy without the perceptual changes, emotional unpredictability, and occasional adverse reactions associated with LSD. Therapists who have used the drug claim that it can enhance the therapeutic alliance by inviting self-disclosure and promoting trust."

Sounds like just what the doctor ordered.

:wink:

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
Thanks, something to think about, although I don't think I have the connections to obtain mdma, and don't have the time, money, space or chemical knowledge to do synthesis, there's also whether she's interested...

Although come to think of it, I did meet a guy in a club that was meant to have been on it, but he seemed like a complete asshole at the time... I also have a feeling he dropped out of uni...

Thanks for the link too, I'll look into it, start probing people that might be in the know and see how things develop.

Cheers

G

Invité
MDMA seems like a better option, I know 3 borderliners and 2 have been balancing on the edge of psychosis, just because they took mushrooms (without being carefull and reading up on the subject)
I do think it can be ok, it just depends on how bad their borderline is and how they handle "reality" and ofcourse if they are control freaks or not.

Pariah a dit:
...complete asshole at the time... I also have a feeling he dropped out of uni...
Bill Gates also dropped out of uni, so that ofcourse doesn't say anything :p

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
Bill Gates also dropped out of uni, so that ofcourse doesn't say anything :p

:) haha, I didn't mean it like that - just that I wouldn't be able to get hold of him. I left school at 16, but have done quite well for myself since then. (better than going staight into uni at least).

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Don't give LAA, it's way too crappy for a first time psychedelic experience.
I second MDMA

mindfukked

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Fev 2008
I have BPD, although I think it's a pretty ridiculous diagnosis. The requirements for it are people who over indulge in drugs, sex, reckless spending, etc. I like to think I have poor impulse control if anything at all.

I don't get hallucinations or anything like that though and I have had some pretty severe depression in my past.

The last time I did acid, a few days ago, towards the end of it.. I really thought the "dark" side of my mind took over. I don't know how much of this has to do with my 'psych problems' but it was really really scary.

But I've done LSD several times and that was the only time the experience was anything less than absofuckinglutely amazing, and I wouldn't even go so far as to call it a bad trip.

I suggest if she does do any lysergic acid not to smoke any weed while on it, any time I do that that is usually the turning point from good to bad for me.