Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Basic water extraction from dried skins

• Auteur de la discussion Guest
  • Date de début
G

Invité
Hi everyone,

I intend to ingest some peruvian torch dried skins during the summer, and remembering how awful it was to gulp down 30 gr of the suff, I was thinking of a better way to prepare it.

I read that the easiest thing to do was to put everything into boiling water, let it evaporate until only a bit of water is left, then filtrate everything, keep the filtrated water, put back the (now not that much) dried skins into some new boiling water and do that two more times, in order to extract a much mescaline as possible.

Once it is done, I'll drink all the water obtained that way.

Will it work? If so, won't the boiling water detoriate the mescaline? And will it work good enough so most of the mescaline is extracted from the skins?

Thanks everyone

forest

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
i don't know much about it, but i would think if you cook the skin and evap most of the moist, it would be just as/more disgusting, so why not make resin? (the balls out of residue)
allso, is it just skin, no flesh? cause i don't think the kin has any, or maybe a little mescal? most of it is in the flesh right under te skin.

G

Invité
Maybe I didn't expressed myself properly.

The point is to evap a lot of water in order to reach a manageable ammount of liquid, then filtrate the cactu "goo" out from it, and start the process again.

In the end, I'll only have liquid.

And trust me, there's way enough mescaline in the skins ;)

forest

Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
ok, but even if you filter it with idunnowhat, if you would evap the water you still would get a little layer with the goodies right?

G

Invité
Yes but the point is not to evaporate all the water.

In the begging, I'll have lots of water in order to extract as much as possible, but as I don't want to drink several liters of the stuff, I'll evaporate as much as possible so I can put everything into a single glass.

Shadowlord

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Oct 2008
The boiling water wont harm the Mescaline as Mescaline is pretty stablile. The only problem is that you need to grind the dried chips to make a tea and it turns very goopy.
Usually one strains the solids out of the cactus snot and re-simmers and repeats 3 times and then reduce the 3 simmers down to a drinkable portion.
I normally just do the alcohol extraction to get the mescaline resin if I don't do a full Mescaline extraction and salt it to Mesc HCl.
I don't think just boiling unpowdered chips would get much of the magic out of the material.

I do have to say that, despite the foul taste, the tea is the most efficient method and gives the strongest experience.
I just like Mesc HCl as it is easier to measure and take doses. But no matter how you get the cactus in you, Mescaline is always a good time.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
From my experience only drinking the liquid from a water extraction like this will leave at least half of the goodies in the pulp.
I have tried it both ways, cooking it down for a long time, then only drinking the water, on another occasion only eating the left-over pulp/powder: I was really amazed at how much good stuff was left in the pulp (then dried and powdered).
The best trip I had was with not much cooking (just two hours or so) and then ingesting all of it, the water and the pulp. However I'd like to have a better way, too, because the cactus pulp (and the water) is just so extremely disgusting, it's beyond description. Well, the closest description would be: try to ingest half a litre of warm, fresh vomit. That's about how much I like it...

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
tryptonaut a dit:
From my experience only drinking the liquid from a water extraction like this will leave at least half of the goodies in the pulp.
I have tried it both ways, cooking it down for a long time, then only drinking the water, on another occasion only eating the left-over pulp/powder: I was really amazed at how much good stuff was left in the pulp (then dried and powdered).
The best trip I had was with not much cooking (just two hours or so) and then ingesting all of it, the water and the pulp. However I'd like to have a better way, too, because the cactus pulp (and the water) is just so extremely disgusting, it's beyond description. Well, the closest description would be: try to ingest half a litre of warm, fresh vomit. That's about how much I like it...

+1.. thats all i can say.. i actually started laughing when you said "try to ingest half a litre of warm, fresh vomit." cuz thats exactly what i was picturing when you were saying "pulp"

hehe

al-k-mist

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
14 Août 2011
Using a solution of 3g citric acid per liter of H2O will definitely pull the actives.
Alternatively, one could use 20-25% lemon juice with 75-80% H2O. this will work.
Again, one could use vinegar(acetic acid, 4% - 5%,),either white or apple cider vinegar.
Or 0.1% H2SO4. or 5% Hcl
Grinding the skins in a coffee grinder will increase the yield dramatically, over just using chips. soak for 72 hours, shaking often, then filter into a flask/jar.( You can actually microwave this for a bit, depending on your volume. But not a boil, just get it hot.) Then pour the acidic water/alkaloid solution onto an evaporation dish to evaporate. This crude acidic extract can bee taken as is, or furthur purified by A/B.

CactInsane

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
making tea out of cactus is not very effective...
I mean i have tripped balls on cactus snot but the nausea is horrible...
But yeah, If I were you I would just evaporate it, Coz you can't really boil it down to a manageable liquid...
The more water you evaporate the more slimmy it becomes and downing that is just the most horrible thing ever, OMG:paranoid:
Add an acid to water, add cactus, boil, strain, and evaporate at low temperature,then put the tar in gel caps and swallow them all in the morning
This is the easiest way to consume cactus without doing a major extraction
But pure mescaline will own that cactus snot any day bra

Ouroboros

Inscrit
1 Déc 2010
You're responding to a 2 years old post buddy.

Anyway i'll go with everclear extraction.