Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Anthropocentrism

Crimzen

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
Its not so much saying fuck everything else so much as we are superior to everything else, its still a a pretty egocentric point of view..

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
It's not only Anthropocentrism, it's also the idea that humans are the crown of gods creation.
That we are not animals but something different, created by god in his image.

I believe nowadays antropocentrism is going out of fashion.
In the Netherlands there is already a political party for animals.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
It's not only Anthropocentrism, it's also the idea that humans are the crown of gods creation.
That we are not animals but something different, created by god in his image.
precisely. With the monotheistic cultures Anthropocentrism also came to life, in contrast to e.g. worship of nature. It may become out of fashion but I think it is still a quite important drive when talking about sciences etc. - how can you excuse animal tests for meds if you don't consider humans being more important than them?

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Humans can be very cruel. They not only test on animals they also test on each other.
They kill animals as easy as they kill each other as well.

Faust

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
magickmumu a dit:
Humans can be very cruel. They not only test on animals they also test on each other.
They kill animals as easy as they kill each other as well.

Most animals kill other animals quite easily.

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Yes they do, but they don't use butchers and bombs...

furthermore they kill out of necessity, we kill animals so we'll have food next month as well. In fact we raise animals to be killed. No survival of the fittest on meat-farms.

Symbiosis is a very important in nature. GIVING and taking. All we do is take and take, and then take some more.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I doubt people will ever drop the notion that they are superior to all other animals.

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
IJesusChrist a dit:
I doubt people will ever drop the notion that they are superior to all other animals.
Dont think we will.
But we are the dominant specie, so why not take some fucking responsebility?
Like VerusDeus said, we take and take and take and take......most things for granted.
like...yeah its just there, and we can use it...so fuck it.

But what happened to balance within Nature?
Does it excist? yes.
Do we do it? no.
Do we as a whole even consider it? no.

we dont care, because we dont have to.
But we will have to anyway.
I mean, where are we going?
Whats so important to override Natures system?
I mean, Nature is constantly tryin to kill us and we're constaly findin ways to counter act those attempts.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Psyolopher a dit:
IJesusChrist a dit:
Dont think we will.
But we are the dominant specie, so why not take some fucking responsebility?
Like VerusDeus said, we take and take and take and take......most things for granted.
like...yeah its just there, and we can use it...so fuck it.

But what happened to balance within Nature?
Does it excist? yes.
Do we do it? no.
Do we as a whole even consider it? no.

we dont care, because we dont have to.
But we will have to anyway.
I mean, where are we going?
Whats so important to override Natures system?
I mean, Nature is constantly tryin to kill us and we're constaly findin ways to counter act those attempts.

what?

Faust

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Nature isn't really a system. But if it was and you would want to regain the 'natural balance' that would imply that you and your family would die as soon as food would get scarce. Fact is we are too smart for that.
Maybe we could regain a similair balance, but that would mean we would have to stop getting children. In fact it would be best for nature (excluding ourselves again) if most of you would all die.

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
VerusDeus a dit:
Yes they do, but they don't use butchers and bombs...

furthermore they kill out of necessity, we kill animals so we'll have food next month as well. In fact we raise animals to be killed. No survival of the fittest on meat-farms.

Symbiosis is a very important in nature. GIVING and taking. All we do is take and take, and then take some more.

my cat hunts down every moving organism he encounters.. He doesn't eat them at all, he's just killing animals for fun..
But the thing is, that we human beings (and this can be seen as somehow anthropocentric) have the capacity to know it's actually not right to just kill for killings sake.

Faust

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Shamanita a dit:
VerusDeus a dit:
my cat hunts down every moving organism he encounters.. He doesn't eat them at all, he's just killing animals for fun..
But the thing is, that we human beings (and this can be seen as somehow anthropocentric) have the capacity to know it's actually not right to just kill for killings sake.

It's not really a capacity to know that it's not right, we decide that it's not right. Right and wrong are inventions.

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
Faust a dit:
It's not really a capacity to know that it's not right, we decide that it's not right. Right and wrong are inventions.

good point.

but it's still a capacity to decide that it's not right imo, and the capacity to invent such a shit.. But that doesn't make us superior. Birds also have the capacity to fly, fish have the capacity to stay under water whole their lives, every creature has their 'special powers'

Getafix

Banni
Inscrit
18 Avr 2009
Psyolopher a dit:
This should be an obvious philosophical debate, I mean we take everything for granted and say fuck it....lets just live a self centered life where i care not for any other living creature except for family and the once i benefit from.
What the fuck is that for a behavior?
That's life. Every living entity cares only about itself and its family.
Deal with it.

Getafix

Banni
Inscrit
18 Avr 2009
Shamanita a dit:
Sometimes it takes a decade or even a thousand years before we understand our actions are harmful to the environment, or that there are better/ cleaner/ more sustainable ways of doing them. But you're right, human beings have the capacity to eventually figure it out.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
Getafix a dit:
Shamanita a dit:
We have the capacity to know this, yet it still happens
whereas in nature no animal kills for killing sake, its for survival

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
crimzen, you didn't read shamanita's post.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
yes, animals kill for lots of reasons, cats often toy with their prey and kill it slowly or maim it till it can't move.. animals kill just to establish dominance over others of their own kind or to fight over a mate. animals kill over territorial disputes. there are lots of mammals who will kill their own offspring.

the human animal does all of the above. but we have no excuses. we have the ability to empathize, to understand we are causing suffering. we have the ability to understand the consequences of our actions. hence we refer to people who lack empathy as animals, or psychopaths. there are a lot of psychopaths and sociopaths out there. i'm sure they end up in politics or major corporations, society's power structures tend to favor the psychopathic

Faust

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
st.bot.32 a dit:
yes, animals kill for lots of reasons, cats often toy with their prey and kill it slowly or maim it till it can't move.. animals kill just to establish dominance over others of their own kind or to fight over a mate. animals kill over territorial disputes. there are lots of mammals who will kill their own offspring.

the human animal does all of the above. but we have no excuses. we have the ability to empathize, to understand we are causing suffering. we have the ability to understand the consequences of our actions. hence we refer to people who lack empathy as animals, or psychopaths. there are a lot of psychopaths and sociopaths out there. i'm sure they end up in politics or major corporations, society's power structures tend to favor the psychopathic

'But we have no excuses'? Other animals have excuses? What a strange argument. I think the only difference is we have en exceptionally large neocortex that tries to find a reasoning behind things and that judges. The rest of us is all animalistic and differs in no way from other animals.