Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Advice, planning, and help if you're feeling down.

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
was that post^ directed towards the eating a kilo of mushrooms subject? :lol:

but realy though, that seems quite usefull. thanks for the post.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
@ Avatar -

Added to initial post. Thanks dood

mercilly

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
25 Fev 2010
tryptonaut a dit:
and maybe a bottle of wine - sometimes for me it's comforting to have drink of red wine because it brings me down a little when I'm tripping really hard, but that's a personal choice I guess. Usually a bottle of water should be fine.

While this may be comforting to you, I would NOT suggest this to most people. Mushrooms are already tough on the stomach, and it's very common for people to get immense stomach pain when mixing with alcohol.

_Avatar_

Banni
Inscrit
19 Jan 2010
Regarding wine, I have no particular opinion about it, but I read in "The Secret Chief: Revealed" by Mylon Stolaroff that psychedelic psychotherapist Leo Zeff would always offer wine at the end of every session. Also, it's likely that the ancient kykeon was wine mixed with psychedelic ingredients, like mushrooms or ergot.

Mushrooms are already tough on the stomach, and it's very common for people to get immense stomach pain when mixing with alcohol.
I think Tryptonaut was talking about drinking wine hours into the trip. By that time the mushrooms are not in the stomach anymore, but have been moved into the duodenum.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i've noticed that beer *on the end* of a light mushroom trip was very pleasant for me. easy to integrate the social "tension"(for lack of a better word) into positive social energy once coming down has almost finished and the beer buzz starts. never tried a high dose of either together, and wouldn't recommend it. just a personal experience to relate.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i should have said before, that if anyone has spiritual issues, especially questions related to meditation, feel free to pm me as well. i've a decent amount of experience with yogic activities and mediation.

"The Sanskrit word yoga has many meanings,[11] and is derived from the Sanskrit root "yuj", meaning "to control", "to yoke" or "to unite".[12] Translations include "joining", "uniting", "union", "conjunction", and "means".[13][14][15] It is also possible that the word yoga derives from "yujir samadhau," which means "contemplation" or "absorption."[16] This translation fits better with the dualist Raja Yoga because it is through contemplation that discrimination between prakrti (nature) and purusha (pure consciousness) occurs.

Outside India, the term yoga is typically associated with Hatha Yoga and its asanas (postures) or as a form of exercise. Someone who practices yoga or follows the yoga philosophy to a high level of attainment is called a yogi or yogini.[17]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoga

when i mention "yoga", im more in reference to the first paragraph, but i practice both regularly, so feel free

sidefx

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
9 Nov 2007
DO NOT eat DRIED mushrooms and DRINK BEER, ive had bad stomach aches from this, only with dried mushrooms tho. must brew in ya guts.

and ive had stomach aches from amanita mushrooms. i found out its from the reaction it has on your stomach lining it temporarily disrupts the PH.
its not your liver or any organs liquifying or anything crazy. But that was after a meal. my brother ate on empty stomach and no problems. try that next.

Warning when dealing with mushrooms if u cannot IDENTIFY, just admire it.
Ive eaten some stupid looking things When YOUNG and i thank Jah that i am still here. :weedman:

Inscrit
11 Jan 2012
On this regard self education is much necessary.You really nicely presented here the ideas.Now I am also confident about using them perfectly

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
it should be noted that i no longer endorse alcohol in any way, shape, or form. it literally destroys too much of the mind for any practical purpose. i find that it undoes progress in virtually every aspect of life. if anything one should take mdma on the end of a trip, as it is infinitely more milder in terms of damage to the brain, and would integrate one into a social situation much more effectively than any amount of alcohol ever would. that said, i still wouldn't recommend it either, mixing chemical compunds, that is. in most situations it would too much burden for the neurons imo...

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
That is quiet the bold statement.

Many centurions [100yr+], with a good brain, quick wit, and healthy life style drink wine daily.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
done

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
IJesusChrist a dit:
Many centurions [100yr+], with a good brain, quick wit, and healthy life style drink wine daily.

lets hope this idea is not simply used to rationalize drinking in general. strict moderation is the only reason that disease has not overcome anybody like this.

as with all things, there are many variables contributing to how somebody may live for such a long time, and if antioxidants is the only benefit we're talking about here, maybe we should talk about the astronomical amount contained in things that aren't known neurotoxins, like dark leafy greens for starters. many also have the ability to chelate excessive heavy metals out of the body, like cilantro and kale, and have antioxidant levels that are literally exponentially higher than that contained in fruits.

EewDefining

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Déc 2011
I dont think anyone is argueing that you shouldn't eat your greens. Alcohol is a social lubricant. It helps you interact with other people easier. I bet i could get to know an australian or a south african better over a pint, then with a joint. Not just because of the legallity and the sterotypes but through dialog.

Alcohol blurs lines. Hallucinaguins make them wavey. :D

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I was just pointing something out...

MichaelVipperman

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Août 2011
Alcohol has its uses, and it can also be dangerous. This should be obvious. Also obvious should be that psychedelics have different uses, and may be ultimately more beneficial long term if used wisely. And that getting high and drunk at the same time is likely to make it harder to benefit from the high.

Don't hate.

(and eat your greens)

Inscrit
11 Jan 2012
Really great advice and planning I think.Men often need all of these.Up and down is the reality of life.BUt down does not mean down forever.To be out of down is the life