Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

A 2nd admin ?

• Auteur de la discussion Guest
  • Date de début
G

Invité
I've already asked this question in another thread, but I guess it will be more visible on it's own, which is good as this concerns the whole community.

Considering the events of the last few days, do you, as a member of psychonaut.com's community, judge that having a second admin with the same rights as the current one would be beneficial for the democratic representation of this community's interest and wishes ?

Do you believe that this second admin should be named by the members themselves, so that the guy named would be someone who's already well known & respected by us ?

My personal opinion is that democracy isn't something bad, it's not a monster we create and can't control once it's running (John Locke anyone ?), and my personal belief is that it's especially effective in a small community like ours, where everyone's knows everyone.

So yes, I'd like to be able to vote for a second admin, someone I can understand and who will have the community's interests at heart.

Even if this proposition in overuled, I'd still like to see everyone's opinions on this, I'm tired and I have all this stuff really at heart (dunno if the english expression exists), so maybe I'm just too passionated and all wrong, and if that's the case, I wouldn't want anything but for someone to point it out for me.

spice

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
I agree in principle, but........

What if the two admins butt heads on an issue, like......aya-whosis...

Then what?

I think there needs to be AT LEAST three admins, if the purpose is to make these kinds of decisions, OR

Make two admins, and in case of a stalemate, give the tiebreaker to a vote....

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
This is my last post for a while. I am very very disappointed. This whole kindergarden game reveals that we are not better than other people. That we are none the wiser, none the better, not more mature, not superior. It reveals much about us. Art&Philosophy was such a good section but as soon as real human problems arrived, simple problems, there was absolute chaos. I don't feel well here any more. Erst das Fressen, dann die Moral - Erst das Ego, dann die Gerechtigkeit. Never mind.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Yes, Lord of the Flies, I read it too, so what?

Did you really believe we were above those things?

I didn't, that's why there ARE moderators and administrators in the first place.

G

Invité
Yeah, you're right spice, three would be even better.

restin, I'm sorry that you feel this way toward all this, but if you have a better suggestion, why don't you let us know ?

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Yep, your guys are really over reacting, do you? Tiax, your a wise guy but don't start a power struggle. This going really to far! Now we do have another topic, because of the psychonaut crisis :S

This is my last post for a while. I am very very disappointed. This whole kindergarden game reveals that we are not better than other people. That we are none the wiser, none the better, not more mature, not superior. It reveals much about us. Art&Philosophy was such a good section but as soon as real human problems arrived, simple problems, there was absolute chaos. I don't feel well here any more. Erst das Fressen, dann die Moral - Erst das Ego, dann die Gerechtigkeit. Never mind.

I won't leave, but i have to agree with you! I also never thought, that people would behave like this, on psychonaut.

G

Invité
mysticwarrior a dit:
Yep, your guys are really over reacting, do you? Tiax, your a wise guy but don't start a power struggle.

To make things clear, I don't want to be an admin, it's too much responsibility & work for me, so my goal isn't to be demagogic or whatever.

What I *do* want is to unlock a situation that I personnaly think is getting nowhere.

If you have a better & less "extreme idea", write it down for all to read, I agree that I'm hot blooded on those kind of things, but I really don't hesitate to write down what I think to be right, and if people shows me WITH RELEVANTS IDEAS that I'm writing down shit, all the best for me, I'll be wiser next time.

Ever heard of Hirschmann ? Some people chose the "Exit" option, I chose the "Voice" one.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I hope you're keeping an eye on the primary thread, because you did show a lack of care in reading my words. There are already way more administrators than one. And all of them live near Amsterdam, so this thread is kind of pointless. Forkbender has always been welcome at the office.

G

Invité
I'm talking about an admnistrator that would be active, there can be 10 admins on psychonaut, if only one of them is on the board, then he's alone in charge.

And if that's true, then I must say that I'd *really* like to see Fork as an admin (I'm not pushing you to be one Fork, that's just something I'd like to see happen).

Sunny

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
3 Déc 2008
Just one question: Why not an admin by category? One French, one Dutch, one English speaking (...), each dealing with his part and if there is an important problem, its debated in a board of directors.

Divide and conquer !

G

Invité
I don't think that would work, because we would have the same issues, only a smaller scale.

And having 2 or 3 admin for each category would be an awful mess.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
restin i totally understand how you feel. it is humbling, to discover we are just human. if visiting the forum is actually ruining your day, then yes, it's time to take a break from the internet. it's sad to see that this altercation has had so many valuable members leave the forum :( hope you come back soon, though.

in any group, relationship or community of people, tensions will build and have to be released. it is unavoidable. especially on the internet, communicating through text, distance, cultural and language barriers, these kinds of things are bound to happen from time to time. so it doesn't really surprise me or bother me too much. i treat people as individuals, i don't judge by group. i'm actually really impressed by the behavior of many of the forum members. even CM has managed to keep amazingly cool throughout this. that says a lot about him. cooler heads will prevail and see this through.

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
I feel as if I missed a key thread or something? It is possible I skipped over an important thread but as I said, what am I missing here?

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Reading it now.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
CaduceusMercurius a dit:
There are already way more administrators than one. And all of them live near Amsterdam, so this thread is kind of pointless.
Who else? There's no other admin posting daily/being online/etc., which is essential in these matters.
Forkbender has always been welcome at the office.
Okay, pm me the address and I'll come by...

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
CaduceusMercurius a dit:
There are already way more administrators than one.

yeah, where are they? are they keeping an eye on us? you are the de facto mod because you are the one giving feedback.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Yes, they're keeping an eye on the forum, posting quite often too, but not to the extent that I'm doing. Sorry, can't speak on their behalf here.

Telico

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
I think that an extra admin or two should be a great idea.