Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

5HTP + Shrooms

Rei

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Jan 2009
Is it okay to take 5HTP with shrooms?

Cannafarmer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
13 Sept 2008
I've seen LSD been combined with mushrooms.
And if not, they used lsd to lapse the tolerance. But 5htp? :)
Can't speak for that.

Yet, you should leave the chemicals behind and stick to nature.
The respect for nature is worth its efforts.

I don't judge the users, but I do judge the chemicals. Please stay off of them.
The shrooms themselfs will give the experience needed.

Ahuaeynjxs

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
It is completely fine, 5-HTP is found in many natural plants and is the precursor to serotonin which will allow you a more stable trip...

It is even a good combination, but if you do that make sure you don't take any MAOI.

Cannafarmer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
13 Sept 2008
So when it is found in plants, that means you buy natural shit on the streetts?
Most of them are chemical. It's not because it is a natural product, it is on the streets these days

It should be a natural neuro transmitter, doesn't mean it's sold as natural under that name
5-hydroxytryptamine is also in cheese. But the name is getting loud and misabused

But that's all relaltive, it's quite nothing. Yet be heeed

Rei

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Jan 2009
I do not quite understand you cannafarmer. Is that a yes from you? will it affect my trip? what do you mean good combination?

Cannafarmer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
13 Sept 2008
depens where you got it from
but all by all, shrooms are a safe drugs...
As long you don't combine them with narrow minding drugs, you're pretty safe
Even if you do, you won't die
Shrooms are pretty safe, just don't underistemate them

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I don't understand this "it's chemical" and "it's natural" distinction. Everything is chemical. If I eat two kilograms of bananas or eat two tablets of l-tryptophane (which is the precursor of 5-htp, I think) doesn't make a difference for me. Except that I don't have to eat 2 kilograms of bananas with the tablets ;)

...and yes, I heard about it too, that l-tryptophane and 5-htp will enhance shroom trips. I haven't tried it yet, but I am an avid fan of l-tryptophane (as an anti-depressant and sleeping aid) so I guess I'm gonna try it soon.

significationof?!?

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Déc 2008
5-htp isn't a street drug or an obscure research chemical. It's a serotonin precursor sold in health stores.

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
rofl cannafarmer if you don't know what you're talking about then say nothing instead of confusing everyone.

5-HTP is extracted from a plant (griffonia simplicifolia)). It is the closest precursor to serotonin. Your body produces it's own 5-HTP from L-Tryptophan (which you get in many foods such as bananas). So yes, 5-HTP is 100% natural, it is not a chemical created in a lab, and is not a street drug, it is sold in pharmacies.

I have experienced it combined with weed and it had interesting effects. I don't know if I'll ever try it with shrooms though. I'd like to read a TR of someone who did it though, as I can't find any on erowid.

Arlecchino

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Avr 2008
I've grown weary of taking supplements with mushrooms. Tryptophan (5-HTP precursor) was one of the supplements I was taking when I had some nasty body effects from mushrooms. I had shortness of breath, extreme muscle weakness (not the familiar one) and coughed some bloody mucus. I'm not saying it was the tryptophan, just be mindful how you play with things. I had similar but milder effects later even though I had not taken supplements the same day. Now I would favor being without supplements for a week before tripping.

It might be just my personal chemistry but I wouldn't want that experience on anyone. The mental side of those nasty effects while tripping is very hard to get rid of... Take care.

Also, there's this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serotonin_syndrome