Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

The Word "Weird"

• Auteur de la discussion ColonelForbin
  • Date de début
C

ColonelForbin

Invité
This is my first time posting on this website. I was growing tired of the other forum site i was using. (Phantasy Tour, aka PT).

I am not sure the nature of the site too much, so maybe this can be discussed. But i have woke up this morning with an interesting read from one of my friends status on facebook.

It read:

"Weird itself, even in the dictionary, is just something that is different and unexplainable. A weirdo is someone who follows their heart. I’m definitely weird, aint nothing wrong with that."

and something about this definition of "weird" really threw me into a blunder

I almost feel lost, or something because of this read.

Thoughts?

Sticki

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Hello and welcome to psychonaut,

The nature of this forum is that of exploration, documentation and debate about all subjects that are coverd under the term Psychonaut. Mainly an individual that investigates their own relation to their soul, body, mind, reality, nature and everything within and outside :D

I have a thought, A most prevailing thought....

Did you care to search for a defenition of the word weird for yourself?
Or
Did you merely look at your friends remark and feel at a loss?

Personally, I feel the word weird is explained clearly here - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Weird

Also, In my own words, The word weird would denote to me something that was different to the socially accepted norm be it a feeling, an emotion, an object, some ones behaviour, a smell or merely an observation of something one has over looked.

So to follow ones heart over the socially accepted norm does make one weird or out of line with the general public opinion. On reflection I would of said also that the word weird has no polarity (Weird can be good, Weird can be bad) and is somewhat related to intuition I.E. "Something feels weird..." "I have a weird feeling..."

I hope my perception of your dilemma helps you feel more grounded :)

EewDefining

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Déc 2011
Things are wierd only because convention says thier wierd.

When you think about it, nothing is wierd ( or everything is wierd).

The big bang happened 20 bazillion years ago and created matter throughout the universe. To me, thats pretty fucking wierd.
There is tiny electrons circling around nuetrons ...... everywhere. Agian pretty fucking wierd.

It doesnt matter what's wierd and what's normal. Just be good.

C

ColonelForbin

Invité
I suppose i was getting the vibe that the norm of society was to follow standard.

NOT your heart.

I thought i read in the dictionary this, and i was kind of drawn back.

The point of this is only to show that in the dictionary, such a definition is put into some sort of standard, which may define how corrupt our world is.

Maybe i overreacted

Any more on this matter than this point alone, is not what i was confused about, but i appreciate the outlooks of others.

Thank you =)

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
my favorite teacher ever once said:

"whenever someone says anything is 'weird' it just means they don't understand it"

which is absolutely true.