Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Psychedelic toad licking dog in rehab

Ilian

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
Published Monday 30th October 2006 13:28 GMT

The owners of a cocker spaniel have told how their beloved pet became addicted to licking poisonous toads for their mind-bending properties.

Laura Mirsch said her dog Lady returned to their new home from one binge at the local pond "disoriented and withdrawn, soporific and glassy-eyed".

Mirsch recounts Lady's nightmare plunge into toad dependence here at NPR, including a moving audio testimony.

She said: "We noticed Lady spending an awful lot of time down by the pond in our backyard. Late one night after I'd put the dogs out, Lady wouldn't come in. She finally staggered over to me from the cattails. She looked up at me, leaned her head over and opened her mouth like she was going to throw up, and out plopped this disgusting toad."

It quickly became clear that the incident was not a one-off party thing: this Lady had a problem.

Laura Mirsch said: "We couldn't keep our dog's addiction a secret any longer. The neighbours all knew that Lady was a drug addict, and soon the other dogs weren't allowed to play with her."

The toads put a brief stop to Lady's psychedelic explorations of canine perception by hibernating for the winter, but come spring she had not fully wrested herself from the demon grip of toad licking.

Thankfully for those who love her, Lady has learned to keep her addiction under control: her drug abuse has become purely recreational. Her rehabilitation now confines toad licking to weekends. ®

ChaoticSerenity

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Oct 2006
I love it, that is amazing, I always wondered if animals enjoyed psychedellics recreationally. Id love to hear some mroe stories of that. I have gotten my dog stoned before, and now when he smells it in my house, he comes running!!! Hahaha. Hopefully there are not harmfull side effects to toad licking, havent tried it myself!

G

Invité
There is a document called: "The Pharmacratic Inquisition"
This shows all kinds of animals eating stuff that gets them high.

I already knew that rabbits eat mint in nature and they get high :D

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
I once read that the fairytale about the princess kissing a toad and changed into a prince came from old knowledge about certain toads covered with slime that has this psychedelic effect.

izmar

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Déc 2004
Koalas chew eucalyptus for its psychoactive properties. Also I keep hearing vague stories on some moose or elk eating Amanita muscaria (in Siberia, where Fly Agaric shamanism has a significant history).

And there's a Spanish book on drugged animals:
Animales que se Drogan € 14.50
Author: Giorgio Samorini
Language: SPA
Paperback, 77 pages

Por su parte, el etnomicólogo italiano Giorgio Samorini sorprende y divierte con Animales que se drogan, un título que descubre el desconocido mundillo del consumo de drogas entre animales otros que el hombre. Vacas, elefantes, renos, gatos y cabras, entre otros miembros del reino muestran su lado más psicoactivo a través de las detalladas investigaciones de Samorini, dejando aun más en evidencia lo absurdo de las nociones prohibicionistas sobre lo ?natural? y lo ?artificial?. En su introducción, admite que su trabajo representa ?un primer conjunto de datos, un primer paso hacia la aceptación de algo que todavía cuesta admitir?. Por si acaso, el libro cuenta con ilustraciones del dibujante Kim, habitual de El Jueves, que retrata con humor unos animales que, admitámoslo, les gusta ponerse. Ahora sólo faltaría ver a Robles mandando cachear los bichos del zoo ante el ?alarmante crecimiento? de esta amenaza. Capaz sería, J.M.

(source: http://pollinator.nl)

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
well moose eat the Amanita's but I don't know if they do it for the hallucinogenic effects cause the shamans there drin kthere piss.... for the effects
I guess that if the moose also trips from it there can't be much effect left for the shamans right ?? or did they drink litres of piss "eewww" hehe

ChaoticSerenity

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Oct 2006
I have hear of people (locally in So. Cal.) drinking their own piss to roll again, supposedly its csomething like 35% is left over. Who knows, but is it worth it drink piss? I think not!

Now If the moose was drinking the Shaman's piss to catch a trip, that woud be funny! HAHAHA :D

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
yes that would be disturbing but funny :D

Siq

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Fev 2006
Actually most of the psychoactive substances are not broken down in the process of prodrucing the effect on the psyche and so you piss out most of (can't tell wether that is psilocine or psilocibine, but one of these is not further broken down in the body).

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
yep thats a funny video bombski :D
I wanted to mention that one also but I totally forgot the name of it
I like the part with the monkeys stealing cocktails from the tourists haha
its hilareous