Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Overriding the bitterness

magickpsychonaut

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
19 Sept 2010
They say that truth can be bitter, and I'm sure you will agree with me that the cactus does impart truth, no matter how unpleasant it may be. In essence, the truth is what you taste as bitterness when drinking the cactus. That's my spin on it.

What does this have to do with the subject? Everything. Once someone began thinking about the bitterness as something good, or at least entertaining the idea that it could be something good, someone began to have moments while drinking the juice without tasting the bitterness. At first, it was that the bitterness was not as intense. It would take about an hour to consume a cup's worth. Some swallows still made me gag, but then others weren't that bad. Then, the next few times, I found myself being able to drink a whole cup's worth without feeling gag. There was one instance where no bitterness was tasted at all. Not to say that it all of a sudden tasted good, but at least the "OMG I can't swallow another drop" feeling was not present anymore.

Is it all a mind thing about the taste? Anyone out there who's been a long time cactus lover managed to get over the bitterness completely?

springbranch

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Sept 2010
it dont taste that bad....

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I really love a San Pedro trip, I really do - but I despise the taste of the liquid, no matter what I do or think.
I have to drink it as fast as I can without breathing, then drink some cola right after it to wash away the taste before I breathe again. It works for me this way, but the bitter/sour taste is so overwhelmingly disgusting for me, I can't even start to describe it. Making myself drink a glass of it already requires all the mental powers I have, there's nothing left to make it taste "good" ;)

avemaria

Banni
Inscrit
18 Nov 2010
the bitterness is the hardest part with cacti, no matter how much sugar you add it is still overpoweringly bitter, i find the best thing to do is dry it, then powder it and put it inside gelcaps

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
When you take double OO caps you need min. 30 caps for one dose, my stomache couldn't stomache that they came all out.... but than again I took them whitin 30 min... not the best plan ever.

G

Invité
You can always do a mescaline extraction. It's not that hard.

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
Well I tried to find a easy tek but they all use things I can't get here in Holland. What would you suggest?

wellaware

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Fev 2011
The bitterness seems to be a way to keep an individual from overdosing...

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
wellaware a dit:

i think this is true, when making a tea the sludge is soooo difficult to get down, it would be impossible to ingest "too much"

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Ultima a dit:
wellaware a dit:

i think this is true, when making a tea the sludge is soooo difficult to get down, it would be impossible to ingest "too much"

I recently cooked down two 50cm pieces of San Pedro (both from the same plant) and thought this time I could ingest double, because I managed to get the liquid down to just two glasses. After one glass of the ultra-concentrated stuff I just couldn't drink any more. I was feeling really good after a while, but I knew for certain that if I take one more sip of that stuff, then everything would be coming up again. I managed to eat about half of the remaining dried powder later that night, but I couldn't drink more. By the way eating the remaining powder was a very good idea. The trip took a whole new direction into spiritual grounds, it almost felt like double the dose, it totally blew me away.

So better don't throw away the remains when you cook down San Pedro, eating it all will make it more intense and different (much better, in my opinion). Also eating dried cactus powder is, though not the best, still much more pleasant than drinking the green snot...