Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Need help growing peyote, peruvian torch...

• Auteur de la discussion nattydread34
  • Date de début
N

nattydread34

Invité
I am new to this website and even more new to growing cacti. I am having trouble germinating the seeds, so I would like you folks to help me out by telling me what I'm doing wrong. Here is my setup:

I have twelve eight inch pots in an aquarium under a 75 watt halogen lamp used for reptiles. This lamp also provides heat, and I keep it at about 27 degrees C. I've read elsewhere that you should keep them damp but not soaking during germination, so I water them about once every two days or so. I also have them covered in plastic bags, to retain humidity, which I also read someplace. Oh yeah, I'm also using commercial cacti soil, probably the miracle grow variety.

Anything will help, please pass on your knowledge!

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
i find germinating cacti are quite easy once you realize what they need. if you planted the cacti in pots, what you want to do is completely soak the soil. then get plastic wrap over the tops, and keep it under a small light. (sounds like you have a good light) let them get 16hours light, 8 hours sleep. i recently germinated 1000 san pedro/1000 peruvian torch a few months ago, and they are starting to look pretty strong. over top the plastic wrap put a layer of wax paper. i used some tin pans (used for making lazanya) put some crappy soil from outside mixed with alot of peat moss. the peat moss does wonders for the trichocereus species.

one more thing, a spray bottle is a MUST! they need to get sprayed every other day depending on how humid it gets. just watering them doesnt do the trick.