Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

How do you smoke DMT?

Spniard

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Sept 2011
I just bought 30grams of mimosa hostilis in powder. My friends want to drink it, but I want to smoke it. Can you do that with the powder?

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
This is one thing I never want to read...

If you haven't done enough research to know how to smoke it, then you should definitely not even be buying this stuff...

No you cannot smoke the powder.

And you need a second ingredient in order to drink the soup.

Oi for fucks sake.

Spniard

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Sept 2011
I'm with you...
But out of all the things I've read, there's tones of different versions of how to cook it. Although my interest is to smoke it rather than drink it.
Hence me seeking for help.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Since I don't believe in the "find it yourself" ideology;

The root bark has DMT in it. This molecule will not dissolve in water very well, but it would rather be in water than in the bark. It dissolves even better in acidic water, though.

So the idea is, is in order to get the DMT out of the bark, you submerge it in water. The DMT will slowly dissolve into the water, but now all you have is a nasty thick soup, so you have to separate the dusty ground up bark (or shredded bark) from the water that now holds the DMT.

So, people use a shirt or a filter of some sort: you filter all the bark from the water, and keep the water. This has your dmt in it.
But since DMT doesn't really like to be in water all that much, there is still a lot of DMT in the bark still, so you repeat this process with new water; the new water can take out still more DMT. Now you add both waters again and repeat as many times as you want - getting the MOST DMT out into a water solution, eventually leaving a bark without any DMT. This is a fairly easy concept, right?

Well, ok now you theoretically would have some water with DMT in it. It would take forever to evaporate all the water and would be dangerous - you might end up losing your DMT. The easiest way to get the DMT out is with chemistry, a very simple (but easily misunderstood concept) in chemistry: acid base chemistry.

I told you before water doesn't dissolve DMT very well, but acidic water dissolves it well. Well basic water is the opposite of acidic water, and DMT does not like to stay in basic water at all! There is a way to use this to your advantage, you take naptha, which will not mix with water at all (like olive oil doesn't mix with water), and you pout it into a BASIC solution of your water, DMT, and your base (people usually use sodium hydroxide).

What happens is when you have extracted your DMT into water, and you add a base, like sodium hydroxide, the water becomes very basic, and the DMT would rather be somewhere else - when you add naptha, the DMT migrates into the naptha layer (remember naptha and water don't mix).

Now, you have two easily distinguishable layers, basic water and naptha. You take off all the naptha (which contains your DMT), and leave the water. Since naptha is kind of like water in that it doesn't dissolve DMT very well, but it does dissolve it some, what you can do is make naptha very very cold (put it in your freezer). This causes the naptha molecules to condense to each other, while the DMT molecules condense to themselves (and they form crystals). Eventually after a day in a cold freezer you will have naptha with a bunch of small white crystals which are the DMT form the original bark.

You can now filter off the crystals, or remove them however you like - and voila, you have smokeable DMT.

You need to do a lot of research before you attempt the extraction, and even more research on DMT before you smoke it. This is not something that will "just make you high", let me give you an example of a friend of a friends trip:

He smoked, and right after his second toke he had a quick thought of "maybe this was a bad idea----shiiiii"

as he layed down from the weight of gravity pulling on him, he was transported to the middle of the galaxy. "God" appeared, and grabbed his face and ripped it off violently, stretching it across the entire universe (which he vividly 'felt'). After it appeared to have stretched an infinite amount, "God" said "Never come back here" and slammed his face back into his skull, and as he did that, the friend of a friend woke up in an extremely anxious state, and felt violated on such an extreme level he quit all drugs completely.

Of course, there are as many, if not many more completely wonderful and blissful trips of acceptance and love, however one must always be aware of the dangers involved. Do you think you could handle that?

Spniard

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Sept 2011
Very informative indeed :) And I thank you for that...truly.
And to answer your last question, here's my share of the story.
When I first heard of DMT, it was in Brazil. A friend of mine told me about it and it sounded like a fairy tale. Minutes later, his room mate secretly entered the room and joined the conversation.
Couldn't believe what I was hearing! He pretty much shared the same experience as my friend did. With obvious changes of course. But it was so intriguing that I really wanted to try it myself.
The first thing they asked me was 'Have you done any psychedelic drugs before?' and said 'not yet'. And the second was 'Do you have any serious mental problems?' Wasn't too sure what they meant by that, but I replied 'No, I have a pretty simple easy life'

I'm gonna stop here to be polite and not continue with the rest of the conversation, but since that day (6 years ago), I've been trying to get hold of it real bad.
Once in London, an acquaintance that used to come to my bar that has taking every possible drug you can imagine, dropped by one day and I asked him 'Do you know where to get DMT from?'. He said 'You don't look from DMT, DMT finds you!'
I have a lot of respect for that man, and ever since, I stopped searching for it.
5 years later, here I am with 30grams of Mimosa hostilis.

So I don't know if the question is 'Am I ready?' (Cause I've been waiting for this opportunity for a long time)
But, for those who have experienced it before, is it best (as a novice) to drink it first and possibly smoke it in the future?'

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
there has been a small debate whether one should start a psychodelic experience / life style with DMT.

Ayahuasca (the kind you drink) will destroy you - literally. At a normal or high dose, you will die and be reborn. You will see the cosmos and all the shamans, you will be the earth. Ayahuasca is the pinnacle of psychodelics, it is not to be taken lightly at all, and my only fear with you taking it is that you have no experience with psychodelics.

The worst case scenario is it starts coming on, and you say "holy crap, I don't want this!" because you didn't expect it - and you won't expect it. Trust me. SO, in order to ayahuasca or DMT for the first time, you cannot be like me. I am an overly anxious person and I get stressed about the mind (or at least I used to). Taking ayahuasca for my first psychodelic would have radically changed me, but I can't say how, it would really depend on how much I resisted it.

If you think that you are in a mindset where you can lay back, and let anything happen to you under these circumstances, then go for it. It will be an extremely strong, and probably the most intense experience of your life.

However, if you find yourself anxious at new situations, nervous around new people, or skeptical about life/death and such like that, I would rather you start with something less intense, like a small dose of mushrooms or LSD.

DMT is SO fast and SO quick. There is no way to tell how your logical mind will react to that, but I've never heard of anyone being really messed up off DMT for very long - it seems completely safe to me, but I am over cautious.

Well, I do know one lad who was very f*cked up to begin with, his dad was abusive, and he had some large instabilities in his life. He took DMT and it wrecked him for a few weeks, but I think that was just because it uncovered some previous feelings.

hope this helps.

again I don't want to scare you - these drugs are immensely healing in nature, but for those of us who weren't dealt a perfect life, there can be turbulence along the ride.

Spniard

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Sept 2011
Well...
'However, if you find yourself anxious at new situations, nervous around new people, or skeptical about life/death and such like that, I would rather you start with something less intense, like a small dose of mushrooms or LSD.'

I'm by nature a very social person. In fact, I'm constantly surrounded by people. Can't deal with more than 2 days at home alone.
Been traveling around the world by myself and about Mushrooms? I can assure you that I've taken a lot of Hawaiian mushrooms when I was younger. My favorite drug of all by a long stretch.

Not sure if this is somehow related, but since I was 21, I've had intense (ecstasy like) dreams where they were so vivid that it almost felt like I've been living 2 lives.

Having said all this, every drug affects everybody differently, so even though I've never had a bad trip, I'm still willing to take the risk of smoking DMT.

So my next question is, when I smoke it, do I smoke it from a bong? Or rolled cigarette? or...?

ps. I appreciate your help

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
If you've taken mushrooms then you're familiar with the feeling. Here is a picture of psilocybin (active ingredient in mushrooms)
Psilocybn.svg

"4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine"
and DMT
DMT.svg

"N,N-Dimethyltryptamine"

Very similar indeed, but there is a phosphoryl group on psilocybin.

And since DMT is a crystal, you smoke it the same way people smoke methamphetamine and crack cocaine. You have to find a small glass tube, sometimes called an oil burner at head shops.

image130.jpg

Its just a piece of glass :D

You CAN sprinkle it on a joint, but you won't finish your joint most likely, and since its your first time you'll probably drop the joint with all the DMT in it, wasting it all.

Now. I am done here. Go to the DMTNexus.org or use the search button on this site for more questions, good luck.

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
heres the great terenc mckenna walking u through how to do it believe me its helpful

he starts talking about actually smoking it at 1:53

[youtube]qw75PxL6O7U[/youtube]

T

thescientist

Invité
The slower the chemical burns, the better the reaction. You do not want to "snap" or speed the process up at all. Try lightly roasting it to recreate a vaporization point. The best way to describe this is by "teasing" it with a lighter, speed it across the top and watch the fumes come off it... eventually itll light up anyways.

This is if you dont have one of those wierd glass tubes for other "interesting" things out there lol. This is if you only have a pipe or bong...

Good luck on the short and wild journey.

Spniard

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Sept 2011
Hey! Just asked my chemist and he's asking me how much naphtha do I need and how pure...

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
depends how much bark.

It really is a small amount, very small- all the DMT will generally migrate to a very thin layer of naptha if your pH is >11.5, 12.

I think the best advice is use a very small amount. If you get nothing, use a larger amount, if nothing still, up the pH, and use a small amount again.

Purity:
Well, how much would u like to avoid smoking a yellow goo and possibly getting cancer? Its up to you. They will all extract the same, but the more pure, the cleaner the product after evaporation/freezing.

LifeForceTriangle

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
22 Déc 2011
Recently, Ive had quite a few DMT experiences and I have tried several different ways.
First time I smoked it out of a small glass pot pipe. It was very small and the hit I took initially was nowhere near what I needed to experience a meaningful trip. The pipe was too small and because of my inexperience, I might have scorched the DMT with the lighter.
Second time, I used a long wooden tobacco smoking pipe. This for me has worked the best but I havent been able to get my hands on a freebase pipe because theyre illegal to sell where I live. The tobacco pipe was nice and deep so the DMT never actually touched the flame. I packed a little tobacco at the bottom and then some DMT and topped it off with tobacco on top. I barely cherried the top layer of tobacco and I could already taste the DMt burning. It was loosely packed so it didnt continue to burn the crystals even after I pulled the pipe back to hold my inhale. The stem was nice and long so it drew very slowly which I think was important because of the sometimes overbearing taste of DMT smoke. Best part was the next couple times I used the pipe to smoke DMT with, there was already dried resin caked onto the sides of the bowl so each time I smoked the hit was more and more potent with the same amount of DMT being put into the pipe.
That is my best suggestion. Ive used a light bulb but theyre not fool-proof. Ive ruined it before and I have tripped with one. The wooden tobacco pipe with a long stem is the next best thing to a freebase pipe.
Good luck, man. DMT is one of those things that should really find you but if you really meditate before hand and enter it with a totally clear mindset, then you will have a powerful experience. Don't treat it like a "lets get f*ck*d up" kind of thing. Its a tool to the mind's subconscious, and not just another recreational hallucinogen.

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
I actually do believe in the find it yourself theory, 'cause usually you'll learn a lot more then what someone gives you, or at least you should always try to find it yourself first and if you get confused by the overload of information then you can find help to filter it out to a whole wich you do understand.

Everyone wants to smoke DMT now, i understand that, it's a facinating substance, but at least know what you're talking about when you want to try it, it's nothing to underestimate if you take higher doses or are sensitive for it.

Jezus helped you out a lot, especially the part where he mentions the fact that when you haven't had a great equilibrium then it's usually troublesome to do psychedelics, even freebase DMT, Ayahuasca can clean you but it can also trigger a psychosis as all psychedelics can, even freebase DMT, but i guess this isn't relevant at all, merely fearmongering maybe.

So on topic, you need your Mimosa to make smokable NN-DMT, the DMT needs to be extracted from the Mimosa, there are so many Teks out there to do that, i suggest the Lazymans guide for it is by far the most simple way to extract it, not the most ideal but it does the trick, Google it, it's to be found easily.

All you need besides the Mimosa Hostilis then is Natriumhydroxide, a big jar and a few smaller ones, a freezer, coffeefilters, Heptane or Hexane, a small syringe, and a day or better a few days of patience when the crystals form in the extration.

Then you can filter it more depending how carefull you where with your extraction, but when you have a clean powder and it's completely dried down you are ready to go.

There are different methods to smoke it too, but i think the most preferable is a bong, you layer the DMT with ashes so it won't burn when you touh the flame to it and you inhale slowely and try to hold it in, then you can take one or two hits, lay back and enjoy the ride.

Good luck!

Remddd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Nov 2011
I used Volcano vaporizer to smoke DMT, I works perfect. You can make 3 big hit, before the trip, which happen immidiately. Temperature and dosage are important in this case. Low dosage and low temperature gave me just light visuals, while I still was able to fill my body, although I couldnt move. Higher dose and higher temperature got me throught psychedelic barrier straight away. It was like psychical death straight after hit, that boom and I have no idea where is my body is and no connection with the body whatsoever , also there was no way to tell if way back is possible. Still scared to take high dose after first experiments , had small ones several times after and effect was very similar to smoking Salvia ( quick move to different reality but with connection to the body, I could tell that this was trip after I came back as other reality was so real)

palomita

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
25 Juin 2010
DaZeD a dit:
So on topic, you need your Mimosa to make smokable NN-DMT, the DMT needs to be extracted from the Mimosa, there are so many Teks out there to do that, i suggest the Lazymans guide for it is by far the most simple way to extract it, not the most ideal but it does the trick, Google it, it's to be found easily.

Hi, I was wondering, can you just smoke dried leaves of a DMT-containing plant ? In fact I have some leaves of psychotria but I can find no references about smoked leaves...

The Observer

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
28 Mar 2013
Spniard a dit:
I just bought 30grams of mimosa hostilis in powder. My friends want to drink it, but I want to smoke it. Can you do that with the powder?

Several things..................for one............I would use "Norman's tek for the masses" (do a search under that name on a search engine). Much easier and works great, or so i hear :wasted:

Secondly, the ultimate "smoking device" for freebase DMT is the Glass Vapor Genie, aka GVG.

By far, considered by dmt psychonauts, to be the ultimate way to go. The GVG, along with a torch lighter, 30mg of dmt, and the proper technique, will shoot you beyond your wildest dreams. All in one hit..............Will leave you utterly speechless......

FYI............

If you want to take it orally, I would buy some syrian rue seeds (very cheap, and legal), grind them up, and gently boil them in water for 30 minutes, pour the liquid into another container, and add more water, and boil again for 30 minutes, pour that liquid into the same container along with the previous liquid, and do this one more time, making it 3 times, using the same ground up rue seeds that you started with. The recommended doseage for using syrian rue tea, is 3-5 grams per dose. The syrian rue contains MAOI's that allow the dmt to become orally active. I then take the combined liquids from the 3X boiling, and reduce it (ie. boil it down gently) until you end up with about 1 ounce of liquid per dose.

That can be refrigerated.

When ready to partake, you can mix the 1oz of rue "tea" (cold) with some type of strong tasting juice, ie. cranraspberry, etc. to minimize the bitterness. I hold my nose and chug it down, chasing it with some of the straight juice afterwards.

I wait for about 30 minutes after that before smoking or drinking any dmt based stuffs......

The main diff between smoking and drinking is that when taking MAOI's and drinking, it becomes "pharmahuasca", which can last for 2-4 hours, which I believe, is too long for a 1st time.

However, extracting 30gm into dmt, is a bit of a lengthy process for so little, as I would expect, if you do everything just right, you may end up with 1.5% or about .45 grams when all is said and done.

.45 grams, if using a GVG, a torch lighter, and with proper technique, with the GVG would probably give you approximately 15 "smokeable" or more accurately, vapable doses..............

If you were to make pharmahuasca and plan on drinking it along with the rue tea, or whatever more expensive MAOI, you would get approx 6-10 doses at 3-5grams of mimosa powder per dose, also gently boiled before straining, reducing, etc.....

Hope this helps............

By the way...........I am a compulsive liar, and therefore nothing I ever post is really based on reality.................
:wasted: