Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

How Do I Dry Fresh Shrooms?

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
Hi there, I wonder how I dry shrooms properly?
Do I just put them on a paper towel and waith untill they are dried?
I pretty much gonna have to do this, cause iwhen you harvest you get an amount wich is a little too much to eat at once, and I gonna have to start growing them myself now, cause soon they'll get banned, I just don't have a clue how to dry 'em properly...
Can someone elaborate just a little bit please? :)

Big thanks in advance. :)

DevXavier

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
What I do:

Take a bucket, buy this: http://www.campart.nl/nl/catalogus/huis ... chtvreters

There's a enough place in the box in which you can put quite a lot of shrooms. Put the box inside the bucket, I always put it on a roster, so it's not on the bottom of the bucket. Seal off the bucket with some foil.

They dry perfectly. :)

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Fastest and most efficient way I have found is to use a small pivot fan and just move air over them until they are dry. Get a grid structure of some kind (we used one made out of Leggo) to hold the mushrooms in place, or simply a box; put in your mushrooms and aim the fan head directly at them and ‘let it blow’ for a few hours.
They will be cracker dry, and won’t have lost any potency. There’s no danger of over saturating them with too much moisture, thus causing unwanted decomposition. Otherwise, desiccant chambers or food dehydrators do the job nicely, but if all of that is too difficult, then just getting a fan over them is perfect.

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
It's actually very easy to use dehydrators.

Both ways work.

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
Yes, thanks a lot guys! :D

I found some other methods on Shroomery but they looked a bit too much trouble to go through, so I hoped a simpler method was available, and these seem very easy to me :)

:toimonster:

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
Drying shrooms basically, is making sure the shrooms don't start rotting before they're fully dried.

Putting them on some heating will work as well, I've done it like that few times, the disadvantage of this method is that they will dry and look like a brownish poo shroom, but they're still potent. :)

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Put them in front of a fan.

8984_BIONAIRE_VENTILATOR_BAOF16V.jpg

Seriously, I got them cracker dry and dropping them even breaks them then. Their size will decrease, but the psilo in it will remain even with less water.

30 gram shrooms is approximately 3 grams dry.

They seem to keep their strength for ages as well. No rotting process either way, store them in a cool and dark place.

skrudge

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
how about drying mexicana's or tampenensis?
will they be edible after drying? they hold about 60% water in stead of the 80% in cubensis. soo... won't they turn into solid rocks?:D