Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Flying Cars not just Science-Fiction

Gratefully_dead

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Mai 2007
The Skycar

Moller International has developed the first and only feasible, personally affordable, personal vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) vehicle the world has ever seen.

You've always known it was just a matter of time before the world demanded some kind of flying machine which would replace the automobile. Of course, this machine would have to be capable of VTOL, be easy to maintain, cost effective and reliable. Well, we at Moller International believe we have come up with the solution. That solution is the volantor named M400 Skycar.

Let's compare the M400 Skycar with what's available now, the automobile. Take the most technologically advanced automobile, the Ferrari, Porsche, Maserati, Lamborgini, or the more affordable Acura, Accord, or the like. It seems like all of the manufacturers of these cars are touting the new and greatly improved "aerodynamics" of their cars. Those in the aerospace industry have been dealing with aerodynamics from the start. In the auto industry they boast of aerodynamics, performance tuned wide track suspensions, electronic ignition and fuel injection systems, computer controllers, and the list goes on. What good does all this "advanced engineering" do for you when the speed limit is around 60 MPH and you are stuck on crowded freeways anyway?

Can any automobile give you this scenario? From your garage to your destination, the M400 Skycar can cruise comfortably at 275 MPH (maximum speed of 375 MPH) and achieve up to 20 miles per gallon on clean burning, ethanol fuel. No traffic, no red lights, no speeding tickets. Just quiet direct transportation from point A to point B in a fraction of the time. Three dimensional mobility in place of two dimensional immobility.

No matter how you look at it the automobile is only an interim step on our evolutionary path to independence from gravity. That's all it will ever be.

Moller International's M400 Skycar volantor is the next step.

go to www.moller.com for more information and videos

I first heard about this on the radio and they said it would sell for around $75,000 pretty wild stuff

WetStaples

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Nov 2007
Sounds totally awesome. I wonder about landing, though; does it just hover straight down? That would be sweet. Safety's also a huge issue I wonder about.

Can't wait 'til it's commercially offered and mainstream. :D

G

Invité
I saw a video of this thing once.
It's deffinitely not going to be the future, but it shure is awesome!

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I believe that I have seen this thing a few years ago in tv

I always wanted something like that, but preferably a jet-pack, or some kind of helicopter/rucksack mix :D

I can't imagine how much fun it must be to fly around with this thing. and it sure would be awesome to take pictures from above. I have two books at home with pictures made from helicopters. and I love it.
like that: http://www.dieerdevonoben.de/wp1_1280.html
and that: http://www.dieerdevonoben.de/wp2_1280.html
http://www.dieerdevonoben.de/ there is a slide show and a trailer.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Sounds great. Not sure how "free to move" you'll be in post 9/11 America though.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I just wonder where they are going to get those millions of gallons of ethanol.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
Forkbender a dit:
I just wonder where they are going to get those millions of gallons of ethanol.
well. they are already building up a huge ethanol-industry, in the USA and world wide.
I don't think that this thing will be for sale that fast ;) it's just to show that theoretically it could work, I guess.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
:eek: It looks so solid

when I hadn't seen the guy in the middle I thought they were oversized rice balls :lol:

G

Invité
i think they make the ethanol from corn.
driving those things must be awesome. the first one to drive it, may drive it drunk or stoned, because there is no police car that can chase that rocket!